Green Leaf Brewery London

Aldgate Box Boy

On 07/02/2019 at 07:57, georgeT said:

Hi Tim, Lovely clean builds on the wagons, and l am glad that your workbench is as messy as mine Hahaha

Thanks, I always think that a clean desk is a sign of a disturbed mind! Ha

On 06/02/2019 at 21:24, south_tyne said:

That bridge is looking great Tim. The overall scene is really developing well. Great stuff! 

Thanks for that, more pictures soon

Cheers Tim

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Aldgate Box Boy said:

Thanks, I always think that a clean desk is a sign of a disturbed mind! Ha

Thanks for that, more pictures soon

Cheers Tim

As I have said before, I particularly love the buildings and industrial architecture that you are developing here. It is nice to see buildings of such a size in 7mm scale, it provides a very imposing and realistic setting. You're doing some fantastic modelling and the whole scene is evolving really well. Keep up the good work!

• Agree 1

Hi everyone, the bridge has been sprayed grey so it awaits some serious weathering and some ballast.  By the way the gap will be for an LT ARP style signal cabin.  The idea of the bridge is to act as a view blocker and add different height - and add an excuse for another signal box (can't have too many).

Cheers Tim

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

• Like 9

Malt House

Hi all, I've started on the next building which will be the Malt House.  This sits between the Brew House and the Store House (next in line to be built). This building will have a large lucum and a pitched venting roof which will be an interesting challenge. Obviously this is a work in progress and the wall are not stuck together yet.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Aldgate Box Boy said:

Hi All, the red brick coat is on. I should be able to do the mortar over the weekend 

Cheers Tim

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

Apologies if this comes across like a stuck record but...... this is highly impressive stuff Tim. I love the scale of those big industrial buildings. They have such a presence in 7mm scale. 

David

• Agree 2

On 14/02/2019 at 10:31, south_tyne said:

Apologies if this comes across like a stuck record but...... this is highly impressive stuff Tim. I love the scale of those big industrial buildings. They have such a presence in 7mm scale. 

David

Hi David, thanks very much for your kind words, I really appreciate them and your encouragement. I'm trying to strike the balance between getting the building done quickly so it looks as good as I can get it and making sure I don't spoil the thing by rushing. I'll post some more soon but thanks.

Cheers Tim

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Aldgate Box Boy said:

Here are some images of the roof in progress for the Malt House.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

Impressive stuff as ever Tim. Mind you've got the patience of a saint in doing that roof....! :laugh_mini: Looks so effective though, so it will undoubtedly be worth the effort when complete.

David

• Thanks 1

Going to O Gauge events can be dangerous for one's wallet! I picked up this terrier from the Dapol stand at Kettering on Saturday.  It was very slightly damaged but nothing I can't fix.  It's DC as it stands but I have ordered a sound chip with stay alive.  I was converted to getting one of these for Green Leaf when I saw the great job the owner of Bury, Thorn & Sons version:

My plan is to convert to DCC sound and repaint in the same green as the Minerva Peckett . Chris on the Minerva stand at Kettering was helpful advising on the colour match.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

• Like 6

On 05/03/2019 at 16:48, Aldgate Box Boy said:

My plan is to convert to DCC sound and repaint in the same green as the Minerva Peckett . Chris on the Minerva stand at Kettering was helpful advising on the colour match.

Cheers Tim

Good to meet you today Tim.  I have been playing around with colours and I think Humbrol Matt Grass Green #80 is a good match, is that what Chris suggested?  I too have a terrier which maybe about to change colour!