Green Leaf Brewery London

Aldgate Box Boy

22 hours ago, Aldgate Box Boy said:

Some progress this evening with the mortar course. Needs a bit of work but getting there.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Highly impressive stuff as ever Tim. Good to see that brickwork technique being employed again, it's fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I spend a couple of hours on Sunday restarting work on the Grain Van I had begun at Christmas.  I needed to reset one of the wheel sets and I put it to one side. Over the weekend I finally managed to sort out the brake gear threading 0.45 wire through holes in very small parts.  My wife was laughing at the swearing.  I've also prepared the buffers, although they are not fixed. It's a lovely kit and I would like to get another one as I have learnt a lot of lessons on this one.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

• Like 10

Hi all, pretty much finished the Grain Van. I've really enjoyed making it, lots of handrail detail and roof features.  It's certainly the most detail/ complex one I have made to date.  Very tempted to get another one as I will know what to do! Anyway The Store House can now accept a load of grain.

cheers Tim

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

• Like 7

Water Tower

Hi all, I've started work on Green Leaf's water Tower.  It's going to be a bit different from the other buildings I've done so far.  This is the penultimate building on the back scene. At the moment it's the bare bones.

Best Tim 

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

• Like 4

Water Tower

Bit more progress to show with the Water Tower. Brick card on plus brick detail and side stone, which are one way of solving ill fitting edges! The Tower is in a Neo-Gothic revival style.  The plan is to eventually have a pump engine in it. The last picture shows the tower in the run of the other buildings - just a small matter of a power station to go then that is the back scene of buildings done.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another cracking and hugely impressive building there Tim. Your techniques really are superb and so effective. I'm going to give your brickwork method a go on a couple of (far smaller) industrial buildings I have just commenced working on. 

Love the coopers too! Very nicely finished, they look the business :good_mini:

• Thanks 1

Thanks South Tyne for the kind words.

I've had a bit of time over the weekend.  Here is an image of a narrow space filler between the Cooperage and the Water Tower, I am thinking this is could be the brewery's laundry.

The other shot is a panorama looking down the layout.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1560_(1).JPG

IMG_1555_(1).JPG

• Like 6

Inside the cooperage

My plan is to really the detail all the interiors of my building when I have them all done but I couldn't resist doing some parts of the cooperage.  First two images are to show you the floor outside the building, second two in situ 

Cheers Tim

IMG_1561 (1).JPG

IMG_1562 (1).JPG

IMG_1563 (1).JPG

IMG_1568 (1).JPG

• Like 7