Great Southern Railway (Fictitious) - Signalling the changes...

Just making the most of the last few minutes of wifi on my VTEC train, before I run to catch my Thameslink one - I have two sides of the SE&CR push-pull three coach set drawn up, just the driving coach left to do, then the ends and some form of chassis for those who want one. 

attachicon.gifPushPullSides.png

These were often seen with P class 0-6-0s so I'm hoping that they'll be popular!

Excellent news.

Can I have a P please Bob?

(and these coaches to go with it)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evil, pure evil Skinnylinny.

My new year's resolution this year (and last) was to reduce my collection of unbuilt kits.  You have already led me astray with the LBSCR coaches and now it seems I am going to be tempted again (and I will inevitably have to give in - resistance is indeed futile).

• Like 1

Evil, pure evil Skinnylinny.

My new year's resolution this year (and last) was to reduce my collection of unbuilt kits.  You have already led me astray with the LBSCR coaches and now it seems I am going to be tempted again (and I will inevitably have to give in - resistance is indeed futile).

There's a simple solution to this - build them! 

I'll continue drawing these up, most likely on the train back to Edinburgh (assuming that everything goes to plan - my journey down south was... eventful.

First train (Edinburgh - Peterborough) arrived at Peterborough 8 minutes late. I had a scheduled 9-minute connection, so sprint over the bridge, dive onto the waiting Thameslink train... which sits there for 20 minutes before being cancelled due to there being no driver. Wait half an hour for the next (and last) Thameslink train to my final destination... which is also cancelled. Catch a Virgin Trains East Coast train to Kings Cross, then tube across to Victoria, speak to the ticket office staff there (as the information desk had closed, this being about midnight)... then a Southern train to Three Bridges, a conversation with another member of station staff... and a taxi to my final destination, arriving at my final destination at about 2am (scheduled arrival time 00:06).

However, tomorrow should be a model-railway filled day - I'm going to pop over to the big Gaugemaster store in Ford (near Arundel) then head over to visit Mr BlueLightning and have a running session on Oak Hill and/or Hailsham.

I do believe Linny missed a train...

I know because I saw the train then saw Linny after it had left! Then, somehow, I acquired a few bits of card which will apparently miraculously form into a Stroudley Brake Third...

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 1

That sounds as if there are some photos that are best left to the imagination! :jester:

I trust you found Linny alright? Not the hardest person to miss, as I'm sure you'll understand...

• Like 1

I assume it wasn't  a brake third you required?! Presumably you nabbed the second rather than the bits of third?

I also assume that Linny was able to put you off me forever as he described the 7-foot monster of a horrifically mannered and terrible person of true evil - a 7-foot version of the renowned Mr Hyde...

Either that or he made up some lines about me being a nice person!

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 1

Just realised that "6 - 6 + 1/12" would put me at an inch tall!

Maybe not...

Maybe I'm 6ft 1inch.

Maybe not...

Maybe I am trying to confuse you...

Maybe not...

Maybe I'm a railway enthusiast...

Maybe not...

• Like 1