Lenz LH101, LZV200, SET101 and trade-in offer.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent service from Gaugemaster as it is already  in the post.

Keith

Seems that it is now in the black hole which is RM.

Gaugemaster said it had been handed to carrier (Amazon e-mailed to confirm)

Royal Mail 10 hours later say they are waiting to receive the package from the sender!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Keith

Your amazon confirmation is automatically produced when the supplier shows the order as despatched, it doesn’t mean that the supplier has actually given the item to Royal Mail, in fact it doesn’t mean that it has even left their premises :(

• RMweb Premium

The First message after the order confirmation said that the parcel had been handed to the carrier, and had a tracking number.

Checking the tracking number at first got no result, later awaiting parcel from sender.

The second said shipped (is that different to "handed to carrier"?)

The tracking number still said awaiting parcel from carrier.

Just a bit inconsistent

It now says arrived at Gatwick Mail Centre as does the tracking info.

Keith

That would make sense as arrival at Gatwick was the first time that the barcode was scanned as having entered into the postal system, prior to that it was just in the bag that GaugeMaster handed to the man picking up the mail and as he doesn't have a scanner it wasn't register as being in the Royal Mai system :) The other messages were from Amazon and a result of actions by GaugeMaster not Royal Mail.

Just the same as me (or you) printing a registered postage package at home which will show as not within the mail system until I take it to the Post Office and it is scanned by them.

Hopefully with you today when this video will help you.

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully with you today

Tracking shows out for delivery with the local postie this morning.

Last time I had something ordered this way the messages were more useful

Something like: Despatched> at Gatwick> At local DO> Out for delivery.

Too many messages makes for unnecessary confusion IMHO.

e.g. What's the difference between "Handed to carrier" & "Shipped" ?

Thanks for the video, I'll be looking at that once it arrives.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lenz have said that not only will the LZV200 be available to purchase, but there will also be an option to upgrade your existing LZV100 to LZV200.  Presumably this will be on similar lines to the trade-in offer to replace the LH100 handset with the LH101.  No details of timescales yet of course - only Lenz can tell us these. 

• 1 month later...

I emailed A&H Models about the exchange scheme for the LH101 even though it wasn't on their website at the time. That was barely 2 weeks ago and they told me that they would need the LH90 which I was exchanging and that they would send it to Germany for exchange. They said it would be 4 weeks. Yesterday I had a call from them asking for my card details as they had stock from Germany and this morning it arrived. Cost £95 inc post and packing. Tested and working. 

Cannot speak highly enough about the service from A&H as this is the 2nd time I have used them and both times were brilliant.

• Like 1

So what's happening with all the traded in hand controllers? Can we obtain any second hand? I know Lenz want us to upgrade but some of us might be happy with what we've got.

Might be worth emailing or ringing A&H. I know they told me they needed my LH90 to send to Germany so that I could have the LH101 but they may be able to persuade Lenz to let them sell them.Its in both their interests I would think.

According to their web site, Lenz are introducing a new 6 year Guarantee for its digital products from 1st February 2019.

Digital plus manufacturer's warranty

Digital plus products of Lenz Elektronik GmbH are characterized by outstanding quality.

Therefore we grant you as consumer a 6-year manufacturers warranty on these items from date of purchase of the product.

The guarantee applies throughout Europe.

In the case of warranty, please contact Lenz Elektronik GmbH to return the defective device including proof of purchase.

In case of warranty Lenz Elektronik GmbH bears the costs for repair and return shipment of the defective device.

Based on the free choice of Lenz Elektronik GmbH, either a free repair or an exchange of the device will be carried out.

Damage caused by wear, normal use or improper use of the equipment is excluded from the warranty.

The guarantee therefore only applies if the product is handled properly. 

B-stock and refurbished articles are excluded from the manufacturer's warranty.

The guarantee supplements the statutory warranty rights.

There is no limitation of the legal warranty claim by the manufacturer's warranty.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Gold

I agree with the point about the warranty, but I have to say that I have a set 100 and a compact I've been using for more years than I can count. 

I bought both from the original Lenz importer, Mackays (McKays - can't remember), so that has to be at least 12 years ago I would guess, and both have worked perfectly from then. Never had an issue, and they still work just as well today.

I don't think the new set due out is a big enough advance over the current one, it already looks dated compared to most of the competition, but in terms of build and reliability, I suspect it will be the best on offer. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ouroborus said:

Agree.   I'm pondering a new controller.  I've had the lenz set for over a decade.  I wish they could have taken the opportunity to make it a more modern.  

Well the LZV200, and the new SET101 (LZV200 and LH101 handset) are reportedly going to be available by the end of this month. Not sure what you are expecting in terms of being more modern. The LZV200 will have a built-in PC interface as well as a global Railcom detector. Plus it will have the ability to update the software directly via USB stick. The LH101 is also a big improvement over the LH100. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RFS said:

Well the LZV200, and the new SET101 (LZV200 and LH101 handset) are reportedly going to be available by the end of this month. Not sure what you are expecting in terms of being more modern. The LZV200 will have a built-in PC interface as well as a global Railcom detector. Plus it will have the ability to update the software directly via USB stick. The LH101 is also a big improvement over the LH100. 

I would say that "big Improvement" is a matter of opinion. The new set overall is an improvement over the previous set but more what I would have expected 5 years ago.

It is IMHO Too little too late. When I bought my set some years back, when V3.6 had just been released it was the bees knees, superior than Digitrax at the price but it has now been well overtaken by more modern gear, mainly from other European manufacturers.

It does have the advantage of many years at the game with an enviable reliability record, however Lenz is now playing catch up. and IMHO needs to bring more innovation to the marketplace

A PC (USB) interface but why no LAN?

Looks like using wireless connection is going to be a PITA as well

Stuck with just the RS bus, many newer devices have multi-protocols as well. Maybe adding a Loconet connection would have added to it's appeal?

As you can see from my signature I have now invested in a Roco Z21 which is the sort of kit that I think Lenz should be doing now.

However I also have to keep the Lenz because of my RS bus devices.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...