Lenz LH101, LZV200, SET101 and trade-in offer.

• RMweb Gold

I did get a mail from Lenz.

They say that the new system SET101 will be delivery feb. 2019.

I've seen variously "late 2018" and "winter 2018" so I assume it's now the latter ...

I did get a mail from Lenz.

They say that the new system SET101 will be delivery feb. 2019.

It's only 8 years since they announced the intention to introduce this updated system.

What's the problem with another few months wait, in the Lenz space time continuum?

• RMweb Premium

Some of you may already be aware, but for those who haven't spotted it yet,  .......A&H Models will be offering the Lenz LH101 Exchange Programme from October.

https://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/21101exchange-lh101-hand-controller-lenz-exchange-programme-54840-p.asp

Just tried the link and no joy.

Has the exchange offer been discontinued? Was there an end date/time limit to the offer?

I have emailed A&H to try and find out.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Just tried the link and no joy.

Has the exchange offer been discontinued? Was there an end date/time limit to the offer?

I have emailed A&H to try and find out.

Cheers,

Mick

There's still a page on the A&H web site.....

https://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/21101ex-lh101-hand-controller-lenz-exchange-programme-54832-p.asp

Whether it is still valid or not, I couldn't say.

The exchange offer is still on the Lenz web site, but that gets rather random updates, even for the native German version of the site.

The English language pages haven't been available for over a year now.

Posted on the 19th November 2018 (2 weeks ago).....

Now exchange LH90 or LH100, how it works:

Send in advance your functional and intact LH90 or LH100 to us.

In exchange (that is, the sent hand controller remains at Lenz) we will send you the new LH101 for a preferential price of 79 euros plus shipping domestic € 7 against invoice.

Shipping abroad for prepayment plus 10 € shipping costs.

Of course you can also "swap" more than one hand controller.

An offer that you can hardly refuse ...

Exchange action for our Swiss model railroaders:

Because of the high customs and bank charges (10 €), which we would have to charge, the direct purchase at Lenz is uneconomic.

Therefore, we ask our Swiss model trainers to contact our representatives in Switzerland:

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium

There's still a page on the A&H web site.....

https://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/21101ex-lh101-hand-controller-lenz-exchange-programme-54832-p.asp

Whether it is still valid or not, I couldn't say.

The exchange offer is still on the Lenz web site, but that gets rather random updates, even for the native German version of the site.

The English language pages haven't been available for over a year now.

Posted on the 19th November 2018 (2 weeks ago).....

Thanks for the link - I couldn't find it on their website.

A&H have replied. Yes - the offer is still valid but is taking 2-3 weeks as A&H are awaiting stock from Germany.

Cheers.

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Could someone clarify the use of the knob as a speed throttle.

I.e does it have a centre off and forward & reverse like a basic DC controller?

Or do you need to press a button to reverse?

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Cheers

Keith

To change direction, you press the centre knob with the loco at speed step 0. If the loco is not at speed step 0 this action does an emergency stop of the loco.  In other words similar to the LH100's button.

There's now an English version of the LH101 manual on the Lenz website so it might be useful to download and read it before deciding to go for the exchange ...

Cheers

Keith

There's no centre OFF indent, the dial just goes round and round and around.........loads of times to get higher speed steps, one thing I just don't like about it.   As already stated, with the speed at 0 you then press the dial knob to change direction....

Edited by tractor_37260

There's no centre OFF indent, the dial just goes round and round and around.........loads of times to get higher speed steps, one thing I just don't like about it.   

Have you tried running the locos in 28 step rather than 128 step mode (in the manual, by coincidence, on page 28) ?    That might make the knob more acceptable for those who require a greater speed change with reduced twiddling. 

The steps (28 vs 128) are set per loco.  

- Nigel

Edited by Nigelcliffe

• RMweb Premium

OK Thanks.

How does the operation compare to a Multimaus?

Keith

EDIT I'm looking for a handset to use with a DR5000, whilst also being compatible with the Lenz

The Lenz system is not going to change (just now)

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Keith

If you remain using the USB to connect to the DR5000 from TC9 then you could get a Wi-fi Multimaus which I find excellent

Hi Iain

How does that work then?

How's the wi-fi getting to the DR5000 if it's on USB?

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Premium

You use the Wi-fi on the dr5000 with the network protocol set to Z21 and connect the Multimaus to the dr5000 Wi-fi.

Works a treat :)

That  is as well as using the USB to connect to TrainController?

Cheers

Keith

Have you tried running the locos in 28 step rather than 128 step mode (in the manual, by coincidence, on page 28) ?    That might make the knob more acceptable for those who require a greater speed change with reduced twiddling. 

The steps (28 vs 128) are set per loco.  

- Nigel

Yes I have tried the 28 SS option, most of the sound decoders I use suggest 128 SS are used to better match the loaded sound files.  The very fine speed control of the new LH101 would be ideal on a shunting "plank" etc .....the large SS buttons on the older LH100 /128SS , work really well with sound fitted locos..........as does the Roco MultiMaus.....

• RMweb Premium

Is there any difference in the different flavours of Wireless Multimaus?

I have seen several different Cat Nos advertised.

Gaugemaster have this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roco-10810-Multimaus-Digital-Controller/dp/B002QVJJMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543956121&sr=8-1&keywords=roco+multimaus

Keith

Is there any difference in the different flavours of Wireless Multimaus?

I have seen several different Cat Nos advertised.

Gaugemaster have this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roco-10810-Multimaus-Digital-Controller/dp/B002QVJJMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543956121&sr=8-1&keywords=roco+multimaus

Keith

AFAiK are all the same under the covers and it is the marketing that has one as black, one as red and the last one grey

https://www.roco.cc/en/specials/z21/index.html

They are not the same at all.

There is only one flavour, or colour, of wireless MultiMaus.

The Red and Grey are the original tethered MultiMaus.

They are not wireless.

Read the Roco link above again !  It describes both types and gives the model numbers underneath the photo of the handsets.

The Amazon Gaugemaster link, is for the Red model 10810....  i.e. a tethered MultiMaus.

The Black one is the only WiFi version, which is quite different from the Red & Grey, which contain the Command Station (central station, in Roco speak) functionality needed when run in a MultiMaus system, along with the partnering Roco Amplifier (system booster).

When used with a Z/z21, or other compatible DCC system, the Red & Grey MultiMaus operates only as a throttle, with the Command Station element inactive.

The Black WLAN MultiMaus is purely a WiFi equipped throttle.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

Ron - you can't go by the colour as they also make a blue one, and even a purple one and I am certain I have seen a red one.

And remember that they are sold as Roco and Fleischmann.

I agree that the grey one is generally wired, but as Keith was asking about Wi-Fi models I answered for Wi-Fi ;)

Ron - you can't go by the colour as they also make a blue one, and even a purple one and I am certain I have seen a red one.

And remember that they are sold as Roco and Fleischmann.

Iain, I think you will find that the Blue and Purple models are the respective colours (Roco and Fleischmann), of the discontinued MultiMausPRO handsets.

The MultiMausPRO handsets can only be used with the Roco/Fleischmann MultiZENTRALEPRO wireless system, which uses a different wireless protocol (ZigBee) to the current WLAN MultiMaus.

The two (Blue/Purple versus Black) are not interchangeable.

Like the WLAN (WiFi) MultiMaus handset, the MultiMAUSPRO handset lacks the Command Station functionality of the tethered MultMaus and therefore cannot be used with the regular MultiMaus system.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium