Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Sadly I’m going to have to cancel all my Hatton’s orders because of some serious health issues (big C) but all is not lost as I’ve put them on my “wish list”.  Looking positive and hope to get the ones I want in the future.

Fight it and beat it. Easier said than done but keep your head up and you have our best wishes.

And if a Hattons 66 helps to stay happy, then don’t dismiss it!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Sadly I’m going to have to cancel all my Hatton’s orders because of some serious health issues (big C) but all is not lost as I’ve put them on my “wish list”.  Looking positive and hope to get the ones I want in the future.

Am sure you'll beat it! Stay positive - am sure those 66s will end up on your depot!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hope you make a speedy recovery, cancer is a wretched thing which turns your life inside out. Fight it all the way and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your best wishes and yes, I’m going to fight it as I’m a too stubborn b****r to let it win lol.  It’s skin cancer and the 3rd hit but I’ve been told they’ve caught it early so the prognosis is better than expected.  

Hatton’s have been great and the girl I spoke too said that even though I’ve cancelled my order, their kinda happy to put them to one side given the circumstances.  I can’t ask better than that.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 11

Keep your spirits up jools1959 - we live in a time when many things can be cured if they are caught early enough as indeed a friend of mine has done so recently,

Hope the treatment works well and you get your Hattons 66's to enjoy during your recovery and beyond...

Very understanding of Hattons - that really is customer care!

Ixion.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Great gesture by Hattons, I too had skin cancer jools1959, but fortunately after excisions (5) thank goodness I have been clear for a few years now. So fellow modeller stick with it, there is light at the end of the tunnel, you will enjoy your 66’s.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/10/2019 at 23:03, jools1959 said:

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you Jools.

Additionally, I hope the family upset you recently experienced has resolved itself.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/10/2019 at 23:03, jools1959 said:

Good Luck with your treatment Jools thoughts and best wishes are with you for a full revovery

Trailrage.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I decided to attend the Great Electric Train Show yesterday and after having a long chat with Dave on the Hatton’s stand, I’m going to reinstall my preorders on the Class 66 because I have the greatest of confidence now that should they arrive before I’m ready to pay for them, they are happy to wait.

All I can say is that Hatton’s customer care is beyond first class and they will be my first port of call for purchases.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ac1874 said:

Do we know how far away the models coming by air freight are?

I haven't seen any updates on here, on the Hattons website/s or on their social media regarding Class 66s and their arrival. 

I can only assume that the air fright arrivals will arrive on time this month as Hattons haven't said any otherwise. I'm thoroughly looking forward to the first arrivals by air freight and to hear feedback and opinions. I haven't pre-ordered any yet because I want to see what the additional models are that are arriving in the main batch in December. 

If I hear anything regarding the air freight delivery I will let you know. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Might be nice to see if the GBRf yellow issue has been resolved... 

Don't quote me on this but Hattons have suggested previously in one of their articles that they would only be modelling one of the warning yellow colours. As I and others have mentioned on here their is a difference in warning yellow between individual GBRf 66s, whether this is due to the weather/weathering, or the sun when it actually shines or an actual difference in the shade of yellow applied to the cab ends. Either way Hattons did suggest in said article that one yellow would be used for the warning yellow on their GBRf 66s. I may be wrong or Hattons may have decided to portray the different shades of yellow for individual locos but of course we will do doubt see later this month if/when any air freight GBRf 66s arrive. 

• RMweb Premium

I can see the scenario : That one had yellow ochre, whilst this one had primrose yellow and another buttercup yellow. Then there is yellow rose ( of Texas) mellow yellow, old yeller’, tie a yellow ribbon and COYY ( Oxford United) and  yellow belly. All tongue in cheek chaps.
I have a Freightliner 66 coming by air and as long as it looks and sounds like a 66 I will be happy. The yellow front is immaterial as it will be weathered to reflect the workaholics these locos are. Of course I wait with baited breath for my GBRF 66 arriving by ship, I will be happy regardless of shade of yellow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Red Fox said:

Is there a deadline for pre-ordering with the air freight option?  I can't find any info on the Hattons site.

Funnily enough I was going to ask the same question. To my knowledge Hattons haven't stated a deadline but then again their must be one because the locos which haven't been purchased by customers who have selected the air freight option to arrive this month will be available to buy and therefore would be loaded into a container and onto a ship for the 7/8 week journey by sea. Which in that case their is no longer the option for air freight delivery to have the loco/s earlier than December delivery. 

The only thing I can think to do is to call or email the shop as Dave at Hattons can't be private messaged on here. 

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on. 

Which loco/s are you thinking to have air freighted? 

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, royaloak said:

There are many different shades of yellow end, I have pictures of 3 HST power cars side by side and they are all very different shades of the 'standard' yellow end.

Ah so it's on HSTs as well. Interesting to know because I haven't noticed before. 

14 hours ago, 7013 said:

I can see the scenario : That one had yellow ochre, whilst this one had primrose yellow and another buttercup yellow. Then there is yellow rose ( of Texas) mellow yellow, old yeller’, tie a yellow ribbon and COYY ( Oxford United) and  yellow belly. All tongue in cheek chaps.
I have a Freightliner 66 coming by air and as long as it looks and sounds like a 66 I will be happy. The yellow front is immaterial as it will be weathered to reflect the workaholics these locos are. Of course I wait with baited breath for my GBRF 66 arriving by ship, I will be happy regardless of shade of yellow.

I know what you mean. The thing for me is the yellow warning on the GBRf 66s is very noticeable. I have never noticed a difference on the FL 66s with regards to warning yellow. Maybe their is a difference between individual locos as per GBRf 66s but either I haven't noticed before or to the eye it just isn't that noticeable. Personally with the GBRf warning yellow been quite noticeably different it would have been nice for this to replicated on individual models but if it can't be or won't be then no worries. You will have to let us know what you think of your FL 66 when it arrives by air freight later this month. 

14 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Sorry, but guys have taken a tangent off the cue I gave last night. The GBRf yellow remark was linked to the yellow/gold/orange that makes up the core GBRf livery and its variations pending on where engines were painted. Not the hazard yellow painted as warning on front.

Ah sorry I just assumed you were talking about the warning yellow on the GBRf 66s. But yes I think the gold/orange has been mentioned and discussed as well. Not sure what the outcomes was or is going to be. I just know that myself and others have mentioned that ideally the warning yellow on individual GBRf 66 models could do with changing appropriately/accordingly to individual locos. If this can't be done or it hasn't been done then I suppose it's something that can be overlooked. 

13 hours ago, big jim said:

I’m pretty sure the discussion was about the warning end yellow too? 

I think their has been discussions about both but I just assumed that we were talking about the warning yellow because I thought that it had been mentioned more. I contributed to the posts/comments regarding the warning yellow on the GBRf 66s as even to me who never really notices possible inaccuracies it was noticeable especially when looking at images of the real life locos. I think the GBRf gold/orange has been mentioned as well but less in posts and comments than the warning yellow. As far as I'm aware Dave hasn't confirmed on here what the production models will be like with regards to both colours so we will have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

I messaged Hattons about delivery and the airfreight service the last week, they didn't have a definitive date for leaving the factory at that time. Saying that, yesterday I adjusted my  order so 1 of the two on pre-order is now on the air freight service and the other arriving with the sea freight ones - no problem changing this so presume still no date yet. 

Regards

Ali

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2019 at 00:23, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

The only thing I can think to do is to call or email the shop as Dave at Hattons can't be private messaged on here.

Email from Hattons says:-

There is a deadline as to when we can offer the Airfreight option but at the moment this date has not been confirmed. We will advise customers before the deadline is coming up but you do still have a couple of weeks minimum as to when that will be.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Red Fox said:

Email from Hattons says:-

There is a deadline as to when we can offer the Airfreight option but at the moment this date has not been confirmed. We will advise customers before the deadline is coming up but you do still have a couple of weeks minimum as to when that will be.

Thanks for posting the reply. I really appreciate it. It's good to know that for those who wish to have the loco/s sooner then they can still opt for this option. I might still wait and see what additional loco/s arrive in December with the main batch, thus I won't buy any for the earlier air freight delivery. Which of the 66s were you interested in? Their are three Freightliner examples that interest me but I wouldn't be able to afford to buy those three, plus any new additional models that interest me when the main batch arrives in December.