Model Rail announce GWR Class 1600 0-6-0PT via Rapido

sem34090

On 14/09/2020 at 11:54, Rhydgaled said:

When the 'guises' are settled, will images of each version replace the photos of the real thing on the 'shop' web pages? I'm interested in one model, the preserved 1638 in either the 'semi-fictitious' GWR green or entirely fictitious BR lined black (with early crest). I'd rather have the latter, but it would mean lining it myself (scary thought) and probably renumbering so I haven't decided yet. If I do go for black, I'd be after an unweathered model with a brass safety valve cover and given the use of the same real photo on several of the products offered it's not obvious which ones are in that condition.

I would expect that model images will be used when they become available but that can't be until after they are delivered and in stock as we don't have any models other than the livery samples. As far as I'm aware the only version of 1638 is the green one and I've seen pictures of the green body shells in production. I'm not aware of any intention to produce lined black. As the models are in production and being assembled, guises cannot change now. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25
Additional comment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Rhydgaled: Apparently 1655 received a brass safety valve bonnet so MR-304B would seem to be the one to go for. I have noticed that on page 70 of the latest issue (MR280) I have mis-typed the number of Vinegar Castle. It should be 1661 not 1660. The guise of the model has not changed. (CJL)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mdvle said:

According to Bill tonight during Rapido's Facebook live session the 1600's are in final assembly and should ship soon.

We have passed production samples subject to a couple of QC items and are currently expecting them to arrive early in the new year. (CJL)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

Yes, I suspect she may be booked one or two more calls before Felixstowe or otherwise a long wait off-shore. (CJL)

Depends how much of the Northern European Cosco route the vessel is working but the usual next port after Zeebrugge is Gdansk followed by Felixstowe.  

• Informative/Useful 1

I must say I have found these last few posts to be a lot of fun.

Is this the first time modellers have been chasing a container ship across the oceans!

A bit like train spotting from the shore rather than the lineside.

I am hoping those posters in the know (boat wise) will plot the containers course to the UK where should we expect it to be delayed in customs for weeks on end? I hope not.

Safe container watching!

Pete

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Cosco Galaxy? Sounds like an own brand chocolate bar....

:laugh:

I suppose I'd better order one then. Need to find my subs number, I put it in a place where I'll remember.....

It's Vinegar Castle I'm mainly after. I'll pick up a normal one at a later date. but I can see 1661 being popular.

Jason

Popular here too.... better get my order in too.

5 hours ago, swisspeat said:

I must say I have found these last few posts to be a lot of fun.

Is this the first time modellers have been chasing a container ship across the oceans!

A bit like train spotting from the shore rather than the lineside.

I am hoping those posters in the know (boat wise) will plot the containers course to the UK where should we expect it to be delayed in customs for weeks on end? I hope not.

Safe container watching!

Pete

Pete - I think there have actually been one or two previous instances of a manufacturer letting folk on here know which ship a batch of models is on. Once I knew the name of the ship it only took seconds to find where she was. The way I found out the ship's name was a bit alarming, though - the Customs documents were sent to me! (CJL)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, swisspeat said:

No, we followed the progress of Kernow's D600s a couple of years ago.

• Agree 2