Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

• RMweb Gold

Maybe I just have different views and im one in the wilderness, but I guess we should be happy that Little Loco has grown so quickly that they are in a position that money for new projects can be turned away.  Am i disappointed yes - because I thought LLC had a better background and interest in those that buy its models.   I apologise if this comes over as a rant, its not intended to, but I do feel strongly about excluding people who want to participate and put their money where their mouth is, but are told nope, we're not interested, yet in another breath the same people are saying we need people to put money in or buy to make this work! Total hypocrisy in my book, and yet another example of customer service having gone out of the window in the 21st century.

Someone is always excluded regardless of how you operate (bricks and mortar/traditional e-commerce/social media) unless you are able to offer to all channels with an unlimited number for an unlimited time period.  By restricting supply to particular channels it makes it more manageable (and reduces admin) for a small company (it is why we try to stay mostly with internet only sales, though we will take offline orders by post and carrier pigeon).

If the numbers required to crowdfund something are rapidly reached then either the supplier can decide to extend the number available or say sorry, first come first served.  A difficult decision but entirely understandable particularly if other investors want a return.

Cheers, Mike

Does that mean I've missed out on the Class 50 (with regards to the pre-allotment you mentioned)? I've just put in a request to join the LLC group.

Not necessarily. Everything up until now has been a verbal intent, so until we set up the reservation structure no models have physically been allocated to a person. There is definitely still time to join Facebook and enrol in one of the two groups organising this venture - links above.

Only 200 models will be available for earlybirds for only £360. For a model almost half a metre long, packed with standard features, even the full retail price is nothing short of a bargain.

Steve

• Like 1

I have to agree with Richie and Mick, I am disturbed at the idea of making a sales campaign exclusive to social media.  Like them I am not involved in SM nor do I intend to be in the near or far future.  A Class 50 is not  on my list but, Steve, use the website please.

Cheers

John

I have to agree with Richie and Mick, I am disturbed at the idea of making a sales campaign exclusive to social media.  Like them I am not involved in SM nor do I intend to be in the near or far future.  A Class 50 is not  on my list but, Steve, use the website please.

Cheers

John

Finally, and possibly the biggest news, we are offering a crowdfunded model of the BR Class 50, a minor hero of the Western and South Eastern regions during the 80s. Full details are on the Facebook pages of LLC and Scott Bostock's Modern Image O Gauge Modellers group, links below:

Steve

No interest to me, but I also think it is unfortunate that interest is limited to Facebook members.

Also fascinated that the important role of the 50s - to speed up the northern end of the WCML is so easily forgotten. I rather doubt they would have been built if their use was for the WR or SR.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

Purely for the purpose of feedback so your aware of people's view, I would have to agree with the majority of Richie's comments, although having read your response, I can see where some of the confusion has come.  Without wishing to be telling anyone what to do - perhaps a better explanation at the start might have helped.  I understood it to be an Little Loco project, and Steve's initial post did not suggest otherwise, so perhaps communication is one of the key aspects.  However, I'm one of those who is not a Facebook fan and don't have a Facebook account.    Also Steve, if I may, you mention Social Media (which is several things, not just Facebook) but have only given two Facebook URLs, was there any information on Twitter, for example?  

If I may, I also think Richie has raised a very valid point about public perception of the brand image - something that all businesses need to think how any decision would affect their brand.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

Hi all,

I think Steve is being given a bit of a hard time here for something that seemed to be beyond his control.

If you look again at how it happened, the idea was born on the morning and allocation filled by the evening.

I'm sure that had the idea not taken off straight away, then the option would have been moved to other formats. As Steve also mentioned, the money hasn't been put down yet, and I know from personal experience that a promise is one thing, and people actually handing the money over is a very different animal.

Watch this space and see how it pans out..

JB.

Just heard the news now! I'm not into social media either and a bit miffed to say the least as so far I've bought the 03 and 04 kits, the class 15 and pre ordered the Ruston, sort of makes me a loyal customer I would say. I think LLC needs to decide what it is, I appreciate things get done on the spur of the moment but like the previous post said I have the money I would have one too. Not happy Steve!!

• RMweb Premium

I also will have nothing to do with Mark Zuckerberg and any of his works! But I'm not in the market for a class 50 either. Ruston, yes.

Its  fair enough for  Steve to try different channels to funding & market, before Heljan land-grab another model. 

Dava

Hi all,

Firstly can I start this post with an apology to Steve at Little Loco. I've just re-read my post from this afternoon and it did come over harsher than I meant to, and for that I apologise, although my sentiment about everyone's money should be equal still holds.  Im also sorry if this has turned into a 'backlash' - that certainly wasnt my aim, I was just somewhat annoyed with the way it appeared to be going.  I was not in anyway trying to wind people up.

Hello Richie, I'm very sorry you feel that way. Allow me to explain in more detail.

Firstly, this project is a joint venture, so is not solely a LLC project. On Friday an idea was born on FB and by Sunday just about the whole limited allotment had been pre-allocated - it was that fast. If, when we firm up those intentions, there turns out to be spare models available we will obviously widen it out, but it would be unfair of us to take away models from those who contributed and supported the idea from the beginning.

Stay tuned, you never know what could happen.
Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve, although it might have helped if you had said that to start with - your original post said "We are offering a crowdfunded model of a Class 50" I took 'we' to mean Little Loco - and by crowdfunded I expected you were using Kickstarter or the like, which I would happily use and have done in the past and expected a link to follow.  Your second post at 12:34 then said "The Class 50 crowdfunding project is a social media exclusive at the moment" - there was no mention of other parties just the basic fact .. if your on Facebook you get in, if not, its a higher price and sod you was the way it came over.  There was no mention that it was a joint project that is apparently almost full on the earlybird options.

Not necessarily. Everything up until now has been a verbal intent, so until we set up the reservation structure no models have physically been allocated to a person. There is definitely still time to join Facebook and enrol in one of the two groups organising this venture - links above.

Only 200 models will be available for earlybirds for only £360. For a model almost half a metre long, packed with standard features, even the full retail price is nothing short of a bargain.

Steve

I am confused here, on your previous reply you've said "It would be unfair of us to take away models from those who have contributed and supported the idae from the beginning" now your saying actaully nothing has been done and no models have been allocated, and if you enroll in Facebook you can still get in on the ground floor.

Hang on - again, im not trying to cause an argument here - but on one hand your saying they're almost all gone and it was faster than expected, then your saying well actually no they haven't all gone, because not one has been allocated - so this isnt about being unfair, its simply saying we want to deal with those on Facebook, and those who are on rmWeb, other sites or monitor the Little Loco website, we're not interested in you at the moment. 

Again - not causing an argument but you cant say one thing, then reverse it totally.  Either they all have interest and the pre-orders are just about full, or there's no pre-orders taken yet.  Am i the only one seeing that the coin is being flipped both ways here? 

Perhaps it might have been better not to post info out on rmWeb if you didnt want people applying??

Someone is always excluded regardless of how you operate (bricks and mortar/traditional e-commerce/social media) unless you are able to offer to all channels with an unlimited number for an unlimited time period.  By restricting supply to particular channels it makes it more manageable (and reduces admin) for a small company (it is why we try to stay mostly with internet only sales, though we will take offline orders by post and carrier pigeon).

If the numbers required to crowdfund something are rapidly reached then either the supplier can decide to extend the number available or say sorry, first come first served.  A difficult decision but entirely understandable particularly if other investors want a return.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike,

I agree with your comments entirely, the difference is that most people treat those channels equally and in todays IT world it is easy to point stores, phone, ecommerce, social media etc to the same webpage to express interest if the seller wishes to - the difference that was originally suggested by Steve's post was that this was a Little Loco project we want to tell you all about, oh but despite us telling you its happening if your not on Social Media you can't do anything.  Thats not managing expectations, that is bad planning in my view - and ive run large and small marketing campaigns in the past so Im not just talking out the back of my head. 

Others have commented about not being on Facebook, or being loyal customers and having other LLC products - so the whole thing is a slap in the face for loyalty ... and from what I can see there was an awful lot of that when Steve was starting - BUT dont get me wrong, I think that loyalty was well placed, the products were delivered and the quality is amazing. I wouldnt wish to detract from that in any form.  Just saying the whole announcement has hasnt been well managed, maybe the whole thing has run-away, but better communication would have done wonders to an audience who wants to support those willing to stick their necks out and take a chance to produce something that benefits a lot of us.

Hi all,

I think Steve is being given a bit of a hard time here for something that seemed to be beyond his control.

If you look again at how it happened, the idea was born on the morning and allocation filled by the evening.

I'm sure that had the idea not taken off straight away, then the option would have been moved to other formats. As Steve also mentioned, the money hasn't been put down yet, and I know from personal experience that a promise is one thing, and people actually handing the money over is a very different animal.

Watch this space and see how it pans out..

JB.

Hi JB,

Yes I agree - but equally as the old saying goes, thats being wise after the event - The first two posts from Steve didnt mention anything of the other party, nor that everything was purely verbal at this stage ... as somebody said earlier, communications could have been better, but the fact is - as it stands backed up by Steve's own post ... there's no models allocated, and if anyone wants to get in on the ground floor, you need to be on Facebook - which is saying as company we are simply not interested in you if your not.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there is simply no other way to explain it, thats Steve's words "if you want in - there's still time to register on Facebook".  A lot of us dont want to do that.

Personally (and it seems im not alone) I just feel very let down at the whole way this one has been approached, from a small company that I had such high expectations of and above all trust in.  One can only hope that if the feedback on here is read and taken on board, that thought is given to how to manage people's expectations of future projects,  However, at that point I've had my say, and I have had the opportunity to reply to the responces raised. I DONT want this to be seen as a campaign against Steve, the company or the project, its not in anyway, so i'm going to shut up and say no more at this point.

Can I just say finally, i do wish Steve all the best with the project and I hope it works for those involved.

Richie

Hi all,

Firstly can I start this post with an apology to Steve at Little Loco. I've just re-read my post from this afternoon and it did come over harsher than I meant to, and for that I apologise, although my sentiment about everyone's money should be equal still holds.  Im also sorry if this has turned into a 'backlash' - that certainly wasnt my aim, I was just somewhat annoyed with the way it appeared to be going.  I was not in anyway trying to wind people up.

Thanks for your reply Steve, although it might have helped if you had said that to start with - your original post said "We are offering a crowdfunded model of a Class 50" I took 'we' to mean Little Loco - and by crowdfunded I expected you were using Kickstarter or the like, which I would happily use and have done in the past and expected a link to follow.  Your second post at 12:34 then said "The Class 50 crowdfunding project is a social media exclusive at the moment" - there was no mention of other parties just the basic fact .. if your on Facebook you get in, if not, its a higher price and sod you was the way it came over.  There was no mention that it was a joint project that is apparently almost full on the earlybird options.

I am confused here, on your previous reply you've said "It would be unfair of us to take away models from those who have contributed and supported the idae from the beginning" now your saying actaully nothing has been done and no models have been allocated, and if you enroll in Facebook you can still get in on the ground floor.

Hang on - again, im not trying to cause an argument here - but on one hand your saying they're almost all gone and it was faster than expected, then your saying well actually no they haven't all gone, because not one has been allocated - so this isnt about being unfair, its simply saying we want to deal with those on Facebook, and those who are on rmWeb, other sites or monitor the Little Loco website, we're not interested in you at the moment. 

Again - not causing an argument but you cant say one thing, then reverse it totally.  Either they all have interest and the pre-orders are just about full, or there's no pre-orders taken yet.  Am i the only one seeing that the coin is being flipped both ways here? 

Perhaps it might have been better not to post info out on rmWeb if you didnt want people applying??

Hi Mike,

I agree with your comments entirely, the difference is that most people treat those channels equally and in todays IT world it is easy to point stores, phone, ecommerce, social media etc to the same webpage to express interest if the seller wishes to - the difference that was originally suggested by Steve's post was that this was a Little Loco project we want to tell you all about, oh but despite us telling you its happening if your not on Social Media you can't do anything.  Thats not managing expectations, that is bad planning in my view - and ive run large and small marketing campaigns in the past so Im not just talking out the back of my head. 

Others have commented about not being on Facebook, or being loyal customers and having other LLC products - so the whole thing is a slap in the face for loyalty ... and from what I can see there was an awful lot of that when Steve was starting - BUT dont get me wrong, I think that loyalty was well placed, the products were delivered and the quality is amazing. I wouldnt wish to detract from that in any form.  Just saying the whole announcement has hasnt been well managed, maybe the whole thing has run-away, but better communication would have done wonders to an audience who wants to support those willing to stick their necks out and take a chance to produce something that benefits a lot of us.

Hi JB,

Yes I agree - but equally as the old saying goes, thats being wise after the event - The first two posts from Steve didnt mention anything of the other party, nor that everything was purely verbal at this stage ... as somebody said earlier, communications could have been better, but the fact is - as it stands backed up by Steve's own post ... there's no models allocated, and if anyone wants to get in on the ground floor, you need to be on Facebook - which is saying as company we are simply not interested in you if your not.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there is simply no other way to explain it, thats Steve's words "if you want in - there's still time to register on Facebook".  A lot of us dont want to do that.

Personally (and it seems im not alone) I just feel very let down at the whole way this one has been approached, from a small company that I had such high expectations of and above all trust in.  One can only hope that if the feedback on here is read and taken on board, that thought is given to how to manage people's expectations of future projects,  However, at that point I've had my say, and I have had the opportunity to reply to the responces raised. I DONT want this to be seen as a campaign against Steve, the company or the project, its not in anyway, so i'm going to shut up and say no more at this point.

Can I just say finally, i do wish Steve all the best with the project and I hope it works for those involved.

Richie

I've got to agree with Richie (and others) on this. I too am not on social media and never intend to be so I am very disappointed that Steve has chosen this route to market his products. Perhaps I'm naive but I didn't think that any social media platform was intended as a business outlet! By all means let SM users point others to appropriate websites, as Richie states, Kickstarter or its ilk are where you go to crowdfund a project.

Steve

What most people wont be aware of is the fact that this was suggested by the BR Modern Image O Gauge Facebook group, of which some members provided the initial finance to allow this to happen. It went from a suggestion to confirmation in two days or there abouts. This is why it has a heavy slant towards social media. If it wasn't for these guys this would not have happened.

Cheers

Shane

• RMweb Gold

What most people wont be aware of is the fact that this was suggested by the BR Modern Image O Gauge Facebook group, of which some members provided the initial finance to allow this to happen. It went from a suggestion to confirmation in two days or there abouts. This is why it has a heavy slant towards social media. If it wasn't for these guys this would not have happened.

Cheers

Shane

Hi Shane,

I think thats the point - people weren't aware of that fact, because the 'official' posts from Steve announcing the project made no reference to it.  It really is all about communication.  But well done to those guys who suggested it in the first place, lets hope it all reaches fruition.  

The one thing all this has shown me, is that Facebook among railway modellers isn't the be all and end all - I thought I was in a very very small minority not being involved in it, turns out I'm not! :) 

Rich

I may be speaking out of turn here, but why does everyone now seem to think that the whole world is on social media?  Im not, and have no intention of joining, yet this is a project I would be interested in putting money into to, and im basically being told no - something doesnt seem right.  If we're willing to join Facebook then yes - sorry I disagree with the whole Facebook thing, and computers know too much about my life already.

While I'm a relatively new member, i've been reading rmWeb for a long time, and I've lost count on here of how many times people have said well there's no market place, or people need to support this project or that to make sure that its viable and worth doing others.  So im hoping somebody will explain to me why when i have money that I would be willing to put into a large logo Class 50 in O gauge to support the idea, get the project off the ground, im told nope your not on social media so you can pay the higher price?  This seems totall ludicrous to me.

I didnt buy a Class 15, but only because its not in my region or era, but when I heard that Little Loco was doing a Class 50 - my initial reaction was where do sign up. I know the quality, and the detail that went into the 15 and that was amazing - but I have to say my view of LLC has been very dented, its almost a case of saying if your not in the 'in gang' in the playground go play elsewhere.  Im not in that 'in gang' and like I've said i have no intention of being so and im not the only one.  Im all for limiting the number of models produced, like exclusive editions for example, which are sold on a first come, first served basis - that is fair, but this situation seems far from that.

Maybe I just have different views and im one in the wilderness, but I guess we should be happy that Little Loco has grown so quickly that they are in a position that money for new projects can be turned away.  Am i disappointed yes - because I thought LLC had a better background and interest in those that buy its models.   I apologise if this comes over as a rant, its not intended to, but I do feel strongly about excluding people who want to participate and put their money where their mouth is, but are told nope, we're not interested, yet in another breath the same people are saying we need people to put money in or buy to make this work! Total hypocrisy in my book, and yet another example of customer service having gone out of the window in the 21st century.

Sorry Steve, I've extrolled virtues to many people, both friends, colleagues and unknown individuals at exhibitions when we've got talking, about how good LLC is, how the quality is fantanstic on the 15s, and applauded the work that has gone into building the Rushton model in the UK - but this decision I personally believe is a bad error of judgement, and one that, as a result, I feel I cannot recommend the company again.  I wish you luck with the project and hope that you get the numbers you need from that apparently wonderful world of social media.

I might be missing something here but you're already on social media by being on RmWeb. As for your attack on Steve and his Little Loco Company then you are seriously out of order. This isn't a LLC project it is a project started by a good friend of mine who has commissioned LLC to progress the enterprise. Just because it started as a crowdfunding idea doesn't make it any less of a viable project just because it hasn't come from a major manufacturer first. Am I sensing a bit of elitism because it didn't originate from an idea on here? Seriously disappointed with the attacks by people on here against Steve. Instead of being critical why not put your money where your mouth is and see if you can do a better job?

Edited by marsa69

At the very grave risk of annoying you and others further, I will try to keep this brief.

I'll start by saying LLC didn't even have a Facebook group until exactly seven days ago, and I didn't start it either, but I am happy that I've got one. If this was purely a LLC product I personally wouldn't have chosen FB to advertise it, I would have chosen here and GOG to reach as many people as possible. Regardless of that, LLCs FB members and those of Modern Image Group ran a poll, which the Class 50 won, and then Scott put forward a crowdfunding idea on Friday. By Sunday all the allocated spots had been filled with intentions to contribute towards the venture, but no physical infrastructure had been put in place – and still hasn't yet. There was absolutely no time to put the proposition anywhere else. We are now in the process of asking those who contributed to the poll whether they definitely want to go ahead, but we are asking them first as they all started the idea. If we have spare spots we will widen the call out, and will include members of RMWeb and GOG. In my post where I mentioned the project I clearly stated the information was on Facebook.

Little Loco's website is not an information point, it is merely a sales channel and was always intended that way. All updates to LLC products are announced here and on GOG by myself – which are themselves, by definition, social media channels. I find this direct communication with you much easier and more beneficial to us both – I am always here, I try to answer every question and I can't hide behind a firewall or switchboard if there's a problem. I now have a new channel, and one that I wasn't exactly expecting. There are many modellers who neither belong to here or GOG, so you could argue that I exclude those on Facebook and other channels by not having a presence there.

Please remember, this invitation is only for funding the project, the final model will be available for a really good price, just like all of our models are priced. The feature set is unparalleled anywhere and will be one of the biggest models on the market at just under half a metre long, all for only £500. Nobody will miss out on anything, I assure you.

Steve

• Like 5

Hi Shane,

I think thats the point - people weren't aware of that fact, because the 'official' posts from Steve announcing the project made no reference to it.  It really is all about communication.  But well done to those guys who suggested it in the first place, lets hope it all reaches fruition.  

The one thing all this has shown me, is that Facebook among railway modellers isn't the be all and end all - I thought I was in a very very small minority not being involved in it, turns out I'm not! :) 

Rich

hi I'm new here now as I originally had no intentions of joining this forum at all.

I'm very sorry you don't like social media but please tell me this is not a sociable media internet based platform and I'll shut up?

now like it or not I use fb as my main point of contact for my O gauge modern image group. (yes I am the creator and owner.) I also created Steven's LLC group for him as fb has a much wider audience than a forum based platform.

the whole class 50 project was my idea started on friday and I put it to Steven about the production of the model. he asked me to gauge what interest there was. now as I wasn't a member here until tonight I used my fb group to market the idea and it took off excellently from there. like I said I did not use this forum because I'm not a fan of elitists who clearly think fb is beneath their forum.

so if you wish to have a moan at anybody please direct it at me as this is my creation which is being produced by Steven and little loco company. and I think you are all being very disrespectful to him and his company who have been absolutely world class in the production of their class 15. I chose steven. I could easily of chosen someone else to go to.

• Like 9

hi I'm new here now as I originally had no intentions of joining this forum at all.

I'm very sorry you don't like social media but please tell me this is not a sociable media internet based platform and I'll shut up?

now like it or not I use fb as my main point of contact for my O gauge modern image group. (yes I am the creator and owner.) I also created Steven's LLC group for him as fb has a much wider audience than a forum based platform.

the whole class 50 project was my idea started on friday and I put it to Steven about the production of the model. he asked me to gauge what interest there was. now as I wasn't a member here until tonight I used my fb group to market the idea and it took off excellently from there. like I said I did not use this forum because I'm not a fan of elitists who clearly think fb is beneath their forum.

so if you wish to have a moan at anybody please direct it at me as this is my creation which is being produced by Steven and little loco company. and I think you are all being very disrespectful to him and his company who have been absolutely world class in the production of their class 15. I chose steven. I could easily of chosen someone else to go to.

Good to have you on here Scott, it's me Tom Wyatt! I agree with you completely and if it wasn't for Facebook we probably would've never gotten a class 50 in RTR. Or, we'd of had to wait a few years and it may not of been produced by LLC. What I've gathered from this, put into simple terms is that those who have put there names down for a model on the Facebook group, like myself, are the initial crowdunders, without us Facebook crowdfunders this project may not of gathered such numbers at this pace. Once the initial crowdfunding numbers were reached it was confirmed to go ahead. Then those who didn't manage to get in on the crowdfunding will be able to purchase the production run models. It's a bit like first come first serve but at the end of the day enough will be produced to cover all of us and it's not like the crowdfunded addition and standard production runs models will be any different in quality? So let's put this to bed and move on. We should be backing Steve as he's putting his own name, reputation and money on the line every time he starts a new project so unless one of you guys are willing to do a class 50 in RTR as well then you have no argument. We will all get our models, we will all be happy to tick another loco off the wish list and we will all forget this has ever happened. So stop giving the man grief and let him get on with the model, after all, every second spent typing is a second wasted.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I think some of the comments on here are pretty out of order towards Steven, I'm a member of the fb O Gauge Group myself and the whilst thing snowballed within an hour, which is great if it means we now get decent rtr models.

I like Rmweb as it 'can be' a great sorce of information but since joining the O Gauge fb group it's a far more enjoyable and friendlier place to visit than here.

Well done Steven, Scott and everyone else that's made this happen.

Cheers

All I can say about this thread recently is 'wow'.

I've been wanting an rtr 50 in O gauge for a few years but with the price of kits and my general lack of kitbuilding skills have had to do without, using my Heljan 33 for everything instead.

However, this weekend I heard the news on facebook like many, and have expressed my interest and await finding out details of how to put my money forward.

So what if it wasn't mentioned on here first?  People choose not to use facebook, and that's all it is, a choice.  Don't forget that a lot of O gauge modellers choose not to use RMWeb or the internet generally, and will find out about it in the Guild magazine in a few months.  There's also a lot of O gauge modellers like myself who don't or won't have Guild membership - so they might find out about it in one of the mainstream magazines, assuming of course they get a magazine regularly too.

The majority of O gauge modellers are steam era modellers so will have no interest in a 'dirty diesel'.  But those of us who are interested in modern image in O gauge are also more likely to be of the younger generation where doing things on the internet are "the norm" (hence the majority of small O gauge traders who don't even have an email address let alone a basic website) so we're more likely to be on facebook, and have sought out the various facebook groups for our interests.

All this uproar has been concentrated on one obscure thread that I spent about 5 minutes searching to find - rather than being in the "new product announcements" or O gauge specific sections, so the vast majority of RMWeb users - assuming of course they've logged in during the last week - probably haven't heard about it here either.

Me, I'm just grateful that someone is stumping up the cash in order to allow this to happen, and I plan to be one of those "putting my money where my mouth is" chipping into the crowdfunding when it's available in the next week or so.  How many of those complaining in this thread are going to do the same now they know there are plans for an RTR 50 in O?

• Like 2

For what its worth and its only my opinion, FB is just another internet tool, much the same as any online forum. How you choose to use it is down to the individual. It will do no-one any favours to run down those who use FB. Get with the plan, keep up with the modern world and get over it. There is a whole world out there......

cheers

Shane

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All updates to LLC products are announced here and on GOG by myself – which are themselves, by definition, social media channels. I find this direct communication with you much easier and more beneficial to us both – I am always here, I try to answer every question and I can't hide behind a firewall or switchboard if there's a problem.

Steve

Just a word of support for this approach as it can't be pleasant reading at times.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Instead of having a go why not sign up to Facebook or the pit of evil folk think it is and get behind it instead of getting all upset

One guy had an idea had the initiative to do something about it and it came off the guy even sorted a big part of the funds to make this happen I think for LLC to take this on is great for the hobby and if the model comes to fruition in 14 months then that's a lot better than some other model companies that take years

Brian

Well said, I know some people are scared of Facebook as they see it as a way of everyone seeing their business but if you set up your security settings correctly only friends will ever be able to see you and by joining closed groups even friends won't be able to see comments unless part of that group, I'll buy a 50 to the first person who can find me on fb ;) (JOKING of course, the 50's all mine :D )

Cheers

• Like 1

Please remember, this invitation is only for funding the project, the final model will be available for a really good price,........ Nobody will miss out on anything, I assure you.

Steve

Steve,

If I'm reading this correctly (hope the heavily snipped quote remains in context) then you WILL be making the model available through your website 'sales channel'?

That being the case no-one is excluded and the vehement panic will have been about nothing. It will be interesting to see how many of those who have expressed an 'opinion' about FB exclusivity then go on to purchase the model when it is made available to everyone through your website 'sales channel'.

Good luck with the project, I hope it goes ahead and no one 'misses out' {sic} not for me, because I'm not planning on buying one (but then again this time last year I hadn't planned on a 15 either) - but to satisfy those who have complained in this thread.

Illegitimi non carborundum :)

• Like 3