Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

• RMweb Gold

I can understand the backlash on here as Facebook can be a bit of a sore point for those of us who don't use it.

I've never used it for a variety of reasons and have got really fed up with various friends who assume that I will sign up just to talk to them.  I have found out from a member on here that I could join up without anyone else realising in order to take part in closed groups such as this but it would leave me in an awkward position when friends ask me to be their FB friend.  Do I lie and say I'm still not on or do I spend 10 minutes trying to say no without upsetting them?

Just don't use a pic of yourself on your profile, I'm sure there's plenty of people out there with the same name so how will they know it's you?

Fb isn't that scary I only used to used it to stick pics of the kids on etc and keep up with friends, but since there are closed groups I now use it for modelling to and you can say naughty words without getting shouted at ;)

Cheers

I could but when somebody asks if I'm on it I don't want to lie.

Tell them you are but only to pursue your hobby. If they are true friends you won't need to use FB to keep in touch with them. Other methods are available!

Cheers

Shane

While I appreciate that you all have your hearts in the right place I'm NEVER going to sign up to FB.

Now get back to talking about LLC products,  they look lovely but I can't justify a BR diesel on my 1920's era layout.

• RMweb Gold

While I appreciate that you all have your hearts in the right place I'm NEVER going to sign up to FB.

Now get back to talking about LLC products,  they look lovely but I can't justify a BR diesel on my 1920's era layout.

Rule 1?

Revolution seem to have made it a viable option.

Beg to differ...It's worked well for both RevolutioN and DJM.

Sorry, meant locos (not trains)!

Has the DJM 71 arrived yet or is it still 'in the post' ?

For those who haven't read the facebook page yet, Steven just announced that the first payment of £160 deposit due in the next 10 weeks when the CAD model is revealed, with the remaining funds due about 5 months later, in case that helps your budgeting.

Just as well i had a lurk on here as i must have missed that on their fb page , good to know! Now where is that piggy bank?

Alan

really? so what would you say to revolution trains crowd funding for a class 92 in N gauge which is being produced.

I agree, but how many of any crowd funded models have actually been supplied yet?

Solid evidence for me would be the existence of them, happy owners and repeat crowd funded purchases, just my POV mind :)

I don't deny it's a sound idea in principle, but as to how 'future proof' it is for the whole hobby I guess time will tell.

Sorry folks for going off topic, perhaps back to LLC's Class 50?

Edited by leopardml2341

Fb isn't that scary I only used to used it to stick pics of the kids on etc and keep up with friends, but since there are closed groups I now use it for modelling to and you can say naughty words without getting shouted at ;)

Cheers

really naughty words ? OK , George Stevenson was narrow minded !