Little Loco Company - Class 15

The Nth Degree

Haha! No, I'm afraid I've got to concentrate on this one first, although the second is now underway, but only in coming to the end of research. Next week it starts the long road into design and engineering. This is at least two months work, possibly three.

But don't let me stop you from having fun – fire away!

I know a long wait is on the cards! I like the little loco company, they act and don't just talk about it. I fear with DJM it's all talk!

I'm with you on that...It's just been announcement after announcement after announcement. What has hit the shelves is commissioned goods only. Yes he might be raising the standards in terms of detail, but I'd be happier seeing products rather than announcements. DJM is going the Bachmann way of just announcing models.

I think it would've been better if Little Loco just did it.

I like the refreshing approach of announcing a loco a couple,of months before it hits the shelves, I think we're all a bit fed up of long lead times. If the little loco company can turn out a new model every 9 to12 months I think they will sell them easily.

As the guilty party who asked the question " what's next, go on have a guess" I suppose I ought to have a bash.

I must admit that I was hoping for a clue to be dropped to tease us all, after all we all like a good tease in the model railway world don't we ? It was the "slightly bigger" that threw me, I was thinking diesel, shunter, class 03/4/7, whichever is you're favourite in the guessing bingo game, but "slightly bigger" ? Humm. Now the obvious candidate is a 21/29 of whatever variant you fancy ( at least 3 to my mind). As we've noted DJM has said it will do a baby Deltic, Metrovick ? Now that's a nice early dinosaur to have and would continue the theme of those that fell by the wayside and there is a prototype to go and look at, funnily enough in the same place as the BTH when no doubt it was crawled over to provide close ups for the coming model.

Now this all supposes we are on the diesel road and we don't turn left and go down the route of vastly more steam prototypes such as taken by Minerva. But then again as Minerva has turned to steam does that not encourage a path to do the dinosaurs before the big boys turn to them after doing all the obvious choices ala warship/25/falcon ?

So after all the above pie in the sky my guess is a Metrovick or maybe D61xx. Probably totally barking up the wrong tree, but as noted at the start, we all like a good guessing game ! Anyway, looking forward greatly to the BTH, I've ordered 1 and am desperately trying to stop myself ordering that Liverpool St lovely D8234, the highlight of so many trips to London around 1970, ain't nostalgia wonderful !

I'm in no position to comment on anyone else's business methods, but I will say that Dave has been an enormous help to Little Loco Company.

I have plagued him with many questions over the last few months and, without fail, he has taken time out of his day to answer every one of them. You can see from this section here he is a very busy man indeed, but that hasn't stopped him from giving some very technical and detailed responses to my questions without bias or asking for anything in return. For that, he has my eternal gratitude.

• Like 7

As the guilty party who asked the question " what's next, go on have a guess" I suppose I ought to have a bash.

I must admit that I was hoping for a clue to be dropped to tease us all, after all we all like a good tease in the model railway world don't we ? It was the "slightly bigger" that threw me, I was thinking diesel, shunter, class 03/4/7, whichever is you're favourite in the guessing bingo game, but "slightly bigger" ? Humm. Now the obvious candidate is a 21/29 of whatever variant you fancy ( at least 3 to my mind). As we've noted DJM has said it will do a baby Deltic, Metrovick ? Now that's a nice early dinosaur to have and would continue the theme of those that fell by the wayside and there is a prototype to go and look at, funnily enough in the same place as the BTH when no doubt it was crawled over to provide close ups for the coming model.

Now this all supposes we are on the diesel road and we don't turn left and go down the route of vastly more steam prototypes such as taken by Minerva. But then again as Minerva has turned to steam does that not encourage a path to do the dinosaurs before the big boys turn to them after doing all the obvious choices ala warship/25/falcon ?

So after all the above pie in the sky my guess is a Metrovick or maybe D61xx. Probably totally barking up the wrong tree, but as noted at the start, we all like a good guessing game ! Anyway, looking forward greatly to the BTH, I've ordered 1 and am desperately trying to stop myself ordering that Liverpool St lovely D8234, the highlight of so many trips to London around 1970, ain't nostalgia wonderful !

That is a very clever and logical thought process.

I'm not saying you're correct, but I like your thinking!

As I said in post 153  "Class21,  22 or 29 "

Steve had dropped a large hint somewhere about two N.B.L. locomotives.

Steam I assume, but then who knows for sure.

Regards,Derek.

Class 22. I was rather hoping that was going to be the first loco, but second will do ;)

After that, I hope the third is a 1:48th scale GP38-2, as the US O Scale needs a wake-up call, but somehow, I seriously doubt it will be. :rolleyes: :( :jester:

I thank you for that reply. I do offer both you and Minerva the greatest respect I can muster for your efforts to provide us with brilliant top notch RTR locos which we could never aspire to in a month of Sundays otherwise. It's a hard road riddled with pitfalls and we on the outside can easily pick holes, I'm honestly amazed at what you achieve with a bit of cash, a lot of ideas and modern technology, thanks again, model railways in general and 7mm in particular has come a long way since I started, well done.

I hope I haven't bust the bubble by guessing Metrovick, to be honest it's probably not fair trying to second guess decisions which involve a lot of cash on your part and just whimsy on ours, but that's the turf I guess.

To be slightly less up in the air, I'm truly surprised that we still haven't had a RTR 7mm diesel Sentinel, THE industrial shunter of the 60s/70s to my mind and an odds on big seller I'd have thought. Maybe on someone's to do list ?

Cheers

John.

• Like 1

J21 would be nice, easy to measure up, and the one parked outside Shildon until recently could do with some TLC should a percentage of the sales proceeds be donated.

Oh how I would love this to be the case...! Pipedream for now though I would think the focus is on Eastern Region (rather than NE prototypes)

• 2 weeks later...

Gone a bit quiet on this topic, come on modellers get those orders flowing, who has chosen what livery? GDS for me, green with small yellow panels and a bit of light green somewhere.

When (not if :angel: ) the Class 22 is announced, just try & stop me!!

Green, small yellow panel, with headcode boxes :yes: dribbledribbledribble :jester:

Edited by F-UnitMad

I'm still here, ducking in and out. I'm actually building something at the moment – or I should say digging something out of the back of the cupboard which I left last year, and continuing to build.

There's no confirmed news at the moment, but there will be shortly. Some disappointing news on a delay unfortunately, but I'm waiting on a new schedule to be confirmed. Nobody is immune to these delays it seems, regardless of contracted dates and constant reassurances. I shall have to change the 'all change' motto on my logo to 'all the same'. I'm very very disappointed about this but it's out of my hands.

Another annoyance is that I've heard nothing from two specific suppliers, which will definitely rule out any sort of NBL loco as the next model, as I have to submit a brief during next week for the next model's schedule to be on time. Even if the information I needed turned up tomorrow it would still be too late to put it into action. The next model will be something I've always wanted to own, so I'm quite excited.

• Like 2

Well your  two specific suppliers have not only let you down,but shot me in the rear quarter with my NBL forecast after your BIG hint.

Good Luck anyway, and barring further  deterioration of my health I will be buying at least one Class 15.

Regards.

• Like 1

Shame an NBL won't be second - but it will help my wallet (a bit!!) what with the new HJ 37 & Dapol 08, it's an expensive year!!

Delays are something we're used to now! But being kept informed helps, so kudos for being open with things. :yes:

Don't worry, at least a couple NBLs are on my list, it's just they didn't make Model No.2 position. Perhaps No.3.

How intriguing!

I cannot wait to hear what is going to be next then (I know I am very childish but I do love the speculation, suspense and guesswork from the hints Steve has dropped in the past!)