Roll up...Roll up... Show us all your track plans!

• RMweb Gold

My track plan of Derwent Spa. It's based on Buxton Midland. It was made in Templot using its facility to download an old OS map of the original to 4 mm scale and put the track on top.

post-16241-0-40417900-1529096296_thumb.png

This is how it fits in my railway room.

post-16241-0-29945100-1529096474_thumb.png

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 5

I've got quite an idea, covering the section of mainline from the bridge where 2 tracks become 4 at P'boro to the A47 bridge. Covering, naturally the NVR having had a mainline link to the Whittlesey line (like the old GER). Peterborough NVR is a large-ish station with 2 platforms, two road shed, turntable and two long carriage sidings + Railworld. Furthermore, the Whittlesey line is shown as far as Frank Perkins Parkway- Oh, and in O without too many 'compromises', other than what's not necessary. This would include New England shed.

Hi All

Here is a layout I am building in my study, dimensions in cm. For a key the blue circles are the block sectors and the green squares are the magnet positions for uncoupling. Long green patch is a golf course and the blue square is a fiddle yard with cassette loading. This layout will be fully automatic control and have set train schedules.

post-26555-0-66905400-1529523798_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone, this is the simple plan of my layout Sproston ( see the blog entries on this site ). The terminus is based on plan S31 in C.J.Freezers booklet '60 Plans for Small Railways ' ( 1969 ) but is not multi level - it runs straight into a fiddle yard. It was built using two flush wooden doors fixed together in a wood frame to make a baseboard 6'7" x 5' 1" . This plan was drawn using the free version of 'Anyrail'.

post-18197-0-05802600-1529681947_thumb.jpg

The track is Peco code 110 flexible, laid on cork using small radius electrofrog points. Uncoupling uses the Brian Kirby method with under baseboard magnets.

Regards

(SIGTECH)

Steve.

Edited by sigtech
  • Like 1

Sorry chums,

I couldn't resist - here's my proposal. It's due to be commenced this year once I've created the space in the barn. The works in the barn are due to start in November once 'other work that must be done' has been done.

post-32476-0-29124400-1530195814_thumb.jpg

The area(s) in orange is a traverser showing the maximum space used - it may be a turntable yet - it'll depend on the mechanics. The two main stations are to scale size, though Pontrilas now no longer exists. The plan was drawn in Scarm.

Here's also a 3D view of the proposed layout:

post-32476-0-80077700-1530196817_thumb.jpg

If you want to read about its evolution, here's the link:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130391-painted-myself-into-a-corner/

Cheers and good luck with all your proposed layouts,

Philip

Edited by Philou
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just a space for people to show the world their track plans, especially those that never came into fruition...

Show us ALL your trackplans!!! I doubt Andy Y has enough storage space for all of mine.

I have been drawing trackplans, all sizes, all scales, for more than fifty years now. There have certainly been hundreds, probably thousands.

Wish that I was anything like so prolific at actually building anything. Still in single figures of layouts if I exclude joint projects.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't think I have a picture of this entire track plan of this particular layout which I planned (the best drawing I've got is several feet long at 1":40ft scale) but here is a small part of it being tested for the very first time using a loco and one of the wagons I borrowed for the occasion -

post-6859-0-79392900-1530206159_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I've considered a model covering the massive Lyon railway network including: Part-Dieu, the various bridges, Perrache, Saint-Paul, Jean Macé etc.

Even in N you would need to take over a large redundant church to build that. And, unless you are very clever at electronic control, need lots of operators.

This is Buscot as planned - there are a few minor changes as built (the sidings ended up slightly longer).

post-31802-0-22662400-1530818824_thumb.jpg

Grid squares have 100mm sides.

Hidden sidings to bottom left and visible bit to right and top. 

Standard gauge East Gloucestershire Railway forms the continuous circuit, with the narrow gauge Buscot Estate railway the end to end line.

Standard gauge through the station is flat, with 1 in 80 gradients up to the bridge over the River Thames - needed to give sufficient clearance over the narrow gauge.  The narrow gauge has a gradient of 1 in 30 to rise from the river bank to the station level.  Owing to the timbers of my attic floor shrinking and swelling with heat and humidity, these gradients can change!

I don't think I have a picture of this entire track plan of this particular layout which I planned (the best drawing I've got is several feet long at 1":40ft scale) but here is a small part of it being tested for the very first time using a loco and one of the wagons I borrowed for the occasion -

attachicon.gifClass 60 at BBHT 1993.jpg

Is this part of it Mike?

It does not look very realistic to me, the straight tracks next to the baseboard edge do not look prototypical!

post-7081-0-67222000-1530821759_thumb.jpg

cheers

• Like 1

Here's the final (probably) layout of Calderside Station, the terminus of the Calder Valley Light Railway. Its going to be built on a pair of existing boards (1000mm x 500mm) and in the style of a cameo layout. Its going to be O gauge using code 100 rail spiked into wooden sleepers. The minimum radius of the pointwork is 1500mm, eased to 2000mm where possible. Its small but hopefully the scenics will prevent it from looking cramped.

After weeks of evolution of the track plan, I've now discovered that it is identical to "Ley Hill" the 2mmFS layout that is probably older than me! Though watching the video on youtube of it, the track plan works and looks like it will be interesting to operate.

I will hopefully make a start on the track laying in the next few weeks (famous last words haha!).

Jagger

post-24463-0-14443700-1530873081_thumb.png

• Like 5