That sounds like my theory of going back to about 1955, bench seats, no seat belts, non collapsible steering column, metal dashboard and switches.

On the dashboard would be a sticker:

Drive carefully or die horribly.

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid 4g
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Added a styrene ‘rod’

It wasn’t an easy task but managed to do it with a little patience, probably end up becoming unnoticeable 

26174D31-F336-4DB6-AF54-98D6AE97BC88.jpeg.6dc830126b2cb0a21c651816dd6da631.jpeg

cruel close up…

0B519948-5428-4F2A-8009-927E06FEFE28.jpeg.73a70f72e4ddaa8de4d2694c5cb84480.jpeg

…..clears the tie bar

6843B11D-A685-4460-9F4B-31396B6E752B.jpeg.3912827ac25c386c9f49327f6b6a0662.jpeg

Ballasting will be interesting :scratchhead:

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Did the angle iron tie bar come as part of the points or is it one of your creations? It's even got the securing bolts!

As much as I’d like to take credit for that the angle iron tie bar is part of the point

96A63920-3BAD-4CE3-8AE0-34349E1FF1D0.jpeg.53115ba66527be07269cff5e1f7cd107.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Thanks for that, though now I am feeling slightly guilty.

If I had been ar5ed to go upstairs and look at at my layout I could have figured that out for myself and saved you the trouble!

No trouble matey :)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/10/2021 at 00:06, MrWolf said:

That sounds like my theory of going back to about 1955, bench seats, no seat belts, non collapsible steering column, metal dashboard and switches.

Ahh, fond memories of the six of us travelling to Brixham in a Zephyr 6. Oh happy days!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Lovely job.

thanks

20 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Do you do contract ballasting? 

I can’t think of anything worse, except perhaps wiring :lol:

21 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

More importantly perhaps; does the point still work?

It does thankfully :)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

It was challenging but I’ve managed to do it, just done the one for now as a test.

<snip>

As suspected you can only just see the ‘rod’

But that's what raises a model from average to exceptional. 

All the little details that you don't need add, but do anyway, add to the overall picture and ambiance of the scene.  Little Muddle is a good example of this approach, and you are following in the those footsteps with everything you attempt.

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Not been a lot going on at Warren recently, I’ve had a couple of PM’s asking if I’m okay :)

I’m fine, I’ve just been that busy at work that when I get home I just want to put my feet up and do a little as possible :lol:

Hopefully things will settle down at work soon and I’ll be back on it. It’s always the same after having a weeks holiday* I spend the following few weeks playing catch-up :banghead:

*worth it though for the pasties and cream teas :good:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Not been a lot going on at Warren recently, I’ve had a couple of PM’s asking if I’m okay :)

I’m fine, I’ve just been that busy at work that when I get home I just want to put my feet up and do a little as possible :lol:

Hopefully things will settle down at work soon and I’ll be back on it. It’s always the same after having a weeks holiday* I spend the following few weeks playing catch-up :banghead:

*worth it though for the pasties and cream teas :good:

I totally understand Chris. 

I've only just finished an extremly busy period in work. Much as we try to prevent work intruding into home life, it does and something has to give. It's inevitably the hobby because important stuff like family has to take priority. Modelling, much as it provides a welcome diversion, therefore has to take a back seat. 

Wolfie is spot on by the way. Leave well alone if tired. 

I find small jobs ease you back into it. Failing that, just get the trains out and play.......that really helps..............or buy a new one..........gulp! 

Or a nice book and a glass of something even nicer to go with it...

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

I've encountered that work ethic before. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, meetings, projects! Blah blah. Then you go on holiday for 2 weeks and when you get back you've 1,000 emails that no one has replied to and a desk covered in crap dumped for you for when you get back. I got fed up with that nonsense after a bit and the last job I did was the worst paid I'd ever had but by far the most satisfying - delivering hot meals to senior citizens and disabled people. It was lovely that everyone was so pleased to see you. You chatted to some lovely people, did your job, went home and forgot about it. No managers e-mailing you at 7:30pm and all that malarky.

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

3 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

I found that with one of my jobs, work was left for me until I returned from holiday. So I thought if can wait, it can wait a while longer then!

That happened to me in my junior days with the bank.

There were lots of people the same grade as me, but when I went on holiday for two weeks none of them did any legal filing.  When I returned to a massive mound of filing, I asked my supervisor why no-one had done it, the response "They are all used to filing in numerical order, this legal stuff has to be done in alphabetically and it's harder, you're good at it".   Suffice to say, I had a meltdown at him (I was good at those back in the day) and then got on with it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

6431D864-3FCB-4C7E-B832-89F154E5F9A9.jpeg.6521080355618d6a608e9e4c2ebb45ef.jpeg

….so I’m going to be even further behind next week

I could always pretend to have COVID like a few other members of staff have done :nono:

…..but I’m not like that even though I don’t get any better thought of :unsure:

Edited by chuffinghell
Smelling and grandma
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12