Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Sadly I really don't seem to have the opportunity to use flange squeal on Penmaenpool, the original track work was well designed and no tight curves were involved, even in the engine shed roads.  Still, when my long long term project of City of Birmingham is completed and Penmaenpool becomes a heritage line for special occasions, the Semi might just let out a squeal or two!

Paul

What about crossing Points etc, never heard a big Loco go over a Point Crossover yet without squealing like a pig in a bacon factory.

And in more good news, I seem to aquired ANOTHER Class 25. :O  :no: 

I was doing a body swap with a friend so that he could have 5191 and I would have a later 25XXX. I am now having having both :O  :sungum:  with 5191 on permanant loan and it's original owner having first dibs on it, should he have the Mojo and time to make good use of it some day. :senile:

I will be picking the second one up on my trip to Welsh Wales in November, along with my two 37's and two 20's that will be sound fitted and numbered by David / Jintyman by then, I HOPE. :stinker: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Hi Bud, You need to get some track down and fill TOPS with some great sounds......

Yes, I agree mate, but due to the Tummy bug, I haven't ventured to the Shed today.

However, should I feel better tomorrow, I hope to make a start on the Wiring to Seven Mills Sidings and the Sector Plate, whilst waiting to pick up the remaining Track on Friday morning.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy, Sorry to hear you're a bit out of sorts. Hope you're feeling better soon so we can experience more of your great modelling. All the very best, Trevor

Thanks Trevor, it's probably only a 24 hour thing, so I should be fine again tomorrow, I hope.

Feels like the Food poisioning has passed over, so I hope to make a start on some wiring later.

Raining here, so that's an excuse NOT to do any gardening. 

Need to order some more lengths of timber for the end board as well.

• Like 1

Morning Bodgit, Glad to hear you are feeling better today, time to finish the layout now Hahahaha, could do with a demonstration on how to use the flocking gun, as l fancy some over grown sidings ? and you are the master with a flocking gun ? l will try to visit the end of next month...

• Like 2

Cheers mate, just been out and bought the timber for the  end section / Oil Depot / River, and also a New Drill.

I put a large bit, in my Drill and now cant get it out, so I took it apart, and a ball bearing flew across the Shed, I've found it, but still cant get the bit out OR find where the ball bearing came from. :no:  :no:

New Drill and Balls apart, I'm having fun so far since coffee at 11.

3 Point Motors coded and directions set, and tested.

No 1 installed and tested, even the Frog polarity was RIGHT FIRST TIME. :sungum:

Wiring and plugs installed in the Sector Plate.

Holes drilled in Baseboard for Controller wires etc.

• Like 7

No 1 Board now wired and working, I will do the Fiddle Yard next.

I had to replace the Peco Tie Bar on Point No 2 as it broke, so now has been replaced with a Copper Clad one. 

In the morning I'm picking up the Pen Y Bont Backscene and 5 more Points and some Track, hopefully that will be enough Track then to finish the project.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

No 1 installed and tested, even the Frog polarity was RIGHT FIRST TIME. :sungum:

Those nice pristine baseboards are going to end up looking like Swiss cheese. :umbrage: :derisive: :umbrage: :derisive:

Those nice pristine baseboards are going to end up looking like Swiss cheese. :umbrage: :derisive: :umbrage: :derisive:

No it won't, just the two holes, remember Andy does DCC

They already do, I laid the first two points in the wrong order / Left / Right, when it should have been Right / Left, so holes are now covered in masking tape.

Change of Plans, and I will not be collecting the Points, Track and Backscenes tomorrow, So I will be concentrating on the wiring of board 2 and the fiddle yard, and doing some testing.

Plus another major tidy up.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Change of Plans, and I will not be collecting the Points, Track and Backscenes tomorrow, So I will be concentrating on the wiring of board 2 and the fiddle yard, and doing some testing.

I am still waiting for you to visit Sheffield Exchange, it needs a tidy up. :sungum: :sungum: :nono:

Could you please send Major Tidy-up down to me when he's finished cleaning TOPS up ?    (Hahahahaha) :pleasantry: my workshop is in a mess...

Edited by georgeT