Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

I’m with Sky and I've never had an issue (apart from the bill which I've just had reduced by about 20% as I threatened to leave

Jinty ;)

Good tip thanks. Didn’t the Eagles sing about them? “you can check out any time you want but you can never leave...”

Hopefully soon Peter.

It's all 3 links mate.

Remember Trebudoc at an exhibition when with poor lighting it was a devil's own job to link and unlink when shunting.

Yes Peter, under pressure at an Exhibition, and with the viewing public standing along the front did not help :no: , luckily I'm normally on my own, or with a couple of mates and so more relaxed, and if a wagon does end up dangling from my fishing line, then so be it, hahah. :sungum:

So what are you building next week?

He hasn't let it slip yet Clive, but next he's going for five and a half inch gauge live steam in the garden....Hahahahahaha

OO? NO NO, :scared:  I have loads to do on here yet, give it a Month, haha. :sarcastichand:

The New Speakers arrived today from David / Jintyman, the normal Round one that I have used many times, and a New Cube that David has asked me to try.

My verdict is that the Cube is certainly brighter, especially on the move, and both are nice in their own way, so, now I have two 08's with different speakers and slightly different Sounds.

Here is my short Video from earlier.

• Like 6

1 Minute longer but only took an hour and a quater, very happy with that.

Hi Andy,

Looks like your enjoying it, and having fun with the beginnings of your layout.  I look forward to the day I can do similar!  There really is something to O gauge thats totally different to the other scales, no I'm not going to change, its too expensive! But I enjoyed your couple of recent videos.

Richard

Enjoyed the videos Andy, I'm looking forward to seeing the scenery appear etc, I'd agree with Richard, there's something about 0 Gauge models, I think the size and bulk of them add to the realism and sound suits them down to the ground, and when weathered they look about as real as you can get. 

Keep up the good work.

Steve.

Hi Andy,

Looks like your enjoying it, and having fun with the beginnings of your layout.  I look forward to the day I can do similar!  There really is something to O gauge thats totally different to the other scales, no I'm not going to change, its too expensive! But I enjoyed your couple of recent videos.

Richard

Richard,

“Too expensive”?

Well, per item of rolling stock, or RTL track, 0 is certainly more pricy than N or 00, but per square foot of baseboard, probably not a lot in it, and maybe 0 is cheaper...

Best

Simon

Hi Richard, As Simon says, maybe not more expensive, I have / will have, covered the same area as my previous Kings Moreton Layout, i.e. the inside of the 18ft x 9ft Shed with ''O'', and the Track cost is a little less than KM as I have used far less Points, Point Motors and lengths of Track.

As for Stock, I needed, (if that is the right word) about 30 ''OO'' Locos to service and fill KM. I also had 2 x rakes of 6 coaches at about 30 quid a pop, some 30 x 16T Minerals at about £15 each, 30 plus Vans at about £12 each and many other vans and wagons some like the Kernow Clays at £48 each x 4 etc.

With SM & DE I have 9 Loco and about 20 Wagons, and now that is more than enough for my needs / wants on here.

YES, The Track Plan is different, the style of Layout is different, and the Play value is different, but a change is as good as a rest, and I do enjoys just moving Locos and Wagons around at a slow pace and hearing the Sounds from these magnificent BEAST'S.

So more expensive?

It's a close call, but not so much in it as some people may think.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the videos Andy, I'm looking forward to seeing the scenery appear etc, I'd agree with Richard, there's something about 0 Gauge models, I think the size and bulk of them add to the realism and sound suits them down to the ground, and when weathered they look about as real as you can get. 

Keep up the good work.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I can't wait to get cracking on the Scenics, and also weathering some more stock. I am picking up my 2 x 37's and 2 x 20's in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to getting them nice and dirty.

• Like 3

Well a day away from the Layout and TOPS today, doing Family things, but hopefully I'll make a start again tomorrow.

I want to make up the Oil Depot / Canal Board for the end of the Shed, then I can make a start to lay Dore End.

All the Point motors bar 2 are coded up and ready for fitting, and 3 of the Points have already been modified so the rest need doing and it's easier to do them as a batch.

It could be a busy few days.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Well enjoyed the two 08's Andy and defo agree that the cube speaker is better ....more bass and a much 'full on' sound generally ...thanks know what to get now :sungum:

And the Cube fits in easier, without removing the top plate to squeeze it in.

So a good morning so far before I have to take the good Lady to the Dentist.

The Oil Depot / Canal board is almost done, just the Backscene board to cut and fit later or tomorrow.

Not really sure if the Canal is deep enough or wide enough, if not it will be a mucky stream.

post-9335-0-05515000-1538130199_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29496800-1538130250_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

So a good morning so far before I have to take the good Lady to the Dentist.

The Oil Depot / Canal board is almost done, just the Backscene board to cut and fit later or tomorrow.

Not really sure if the Canal is deep enough or wide enough, if not it will be a mucky stream.

If it was N gauge then there is lots of space for a canal, but in O it looks like space for a stream to me.