Alcanman

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a few figures to add to the layout, but to be honest, I'm not too keen on figures in permanent action poses, such as PW workers.

My Bachmann figures are too modern for the 1980s as they have full hi-vis suits.So, I was pleased to find these rail workers from P&D Marsh at the Newcastle Exhibition last weekend.

They have the short hi-vis vests which look just right. One chap appears to be wearing a donkey jacket, perfect for the 80s!

attachicon.gifdt 13.11.18 001.JPG

I've also managed to find another Duha wagon steel load.

attachicon.gifdt 13.11.18 005.JPG

Looks great

It’s hard to get 80s people

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what these 2 CCTs are doing at Deanside. However, I've always liked them and remember the old Lima ones which could be improved with flush glazing.

These CCTs were produced exclusively for Invicta Models by Bachmann. I thought they were a tad expensive at £30.00 each, however, I've since discovered Bachmann have now got around to producing some for general release at around £40.00!

The one on the right is factory weathered and the one on the left is my effort.

dt 8.2.19 006.JPG

dt 8.2.19 007.JPG

dt 8.2.19 005.JPG

• Like 10

1 minute ago, F-UnitMad said:

Well 'Largo' is what my group used to call it. 

Then again, we called 37s 'Syphons' rather than Tractors, and HSTs 'Zings', which also seems very rare. So maybe it was just us, but we knew what we meant... ;) :pleasantry: :blum:

It's not a name you want to throw about in company, maybe just with your doctor.  I think I'll be clearing my cache now on my laptop.

image.png.4aff09f380d182d53692210bb2651e70.png

7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

It's not a name you want to throw about in company, maybe just with your doctor.  I think I'll be clearing my cache now on my laptop.

image.png.4aff09f380d182d53692210bb2651e70.png

It never ceases to amaze me what you can be pulled up for on RMweb. :nono: :banghead:

I've never even heard of that product. How come you have? - & need to clean your PC as a result..?? :jester:

What's it for, anyway... :scratchhead:

11 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

It never ceases to amaze me what you can be pulled up for on RMweb. :nono: :banghead:

I've never even heard of that product. How come you have? - & need to clean your PC as a result..?? :jester:

What's it for, anyway... :scratchhead:

I thought it was some place in Ireland, wasn't expecting to find a treatment for making OO track P4 on a work PC :D

• Funny 1

46 minutes ago, Alcanman said:

More BR Blue coming soon, Deanside has gone back to the 80s!

Well sooner than I expected, 2 new arrivals Eastfield's 37191 and Inverness's 26032.

Back in 1984 I travelled on the Fort William - Mallaig line with with 'steam heat' 37191 for power.

Moving forward to 1985, the arrival of ETH fitted 37/4s has seen 37191have it's steam heat boiler isolated and relegated to more mundane freight duties.

dt 19.2.19 006.JPG

37191 at Mallaig 2.jpg

dt 19.2.19 001new.jpg

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:33, Alcanman said:

Here is the first video of Deanside, featuring 37191 shunting a few vans. 

Enjoy!

That's more like!!

great work as always Alcanman..

• Thanks 1