Grundy Street

georgeT

57 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looking suitably grubby mate, I do like a Dirty Gronk.

Cheers Andy, l have copied a picture of the real thing and its just like that all black gunge all over the back end and l love it, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gismorail said:

Like you George I love a dirty bitch :wub:

Spot on Martin   Hahahahaha the filthier the better, still trying to get my head around weathering powders, David (Jintyman) makes it all look so easy, guess l will have to put the time in to get it right (if ever)... 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hi Mate, Been working on some changes to the layout and touching up the 08 a little, btw that frog gizmo works a treat ...

I've just ordered a triple pack for £17.39, Post Free so chuffed with that. I can now convert all my other Point driven Frogs to the Gaugemaster DCC80 Autofrog.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looks good George and Ian and excellent service by Railtec I see.

Hello Andy, l think lan made the right choice to have them painted black, l might get three and do the same for myself and then give them some heavy weathering like the ones we used to see at Eastleigh on the Fawley tanks all those years ago...

• Like 1

l needed a small storage tank to hold some fuel mainly for the working 08s on GS, so l had some odd brass bits in the spares box, also used any odd bits l could lay my hands on, not very prototypical but it look right to me...

DSC04769.JPG

DSC04770.JPG

DSC04771.JPG

DSC04772.JPG

DSC04773.JPG

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

43 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Very impressive fuel storage tank George, I thought the first photograph was a stationary boiler there's so much detail excellent work my friend gets a big ''wasser ' from me especially the H&S notices keep up the impressive work 

Hello Martin, Just odds and sods we keep in boxes / drawers for another day, thinking that they will do for another day, NEVER throw anything away.... Hahahaha

40 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Great pics mate and some excellent work.

Thanks Andy, As l told Martin l never throw anything away, nice to hear that you are having a day off today and are spending it in TOPS where a little modelling may be done...

• Like 1

Had a visit from Jintyman (David) last night who supplied and fitted a nice big sound chip and speaker into my Heljan 37, and it sounds awsome, and he did this all in ten minutes, he makes it all look so easy, takes me an hour thinking how to remove the body Hahaha thanks  again...

• Like 4

Fed up with stock laying around everywhere, so decided to make some stackable stock boxes made to fit, also easier to carry them to the club for running sessions etc etc, just waiting for the card for the bottoms to arrive...

DSC04782.JPG

DSC04783.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1