Grundy Street

georgeT

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Add a Forty, no Goods layout in the 70's was without a Forty.

treat yourself to an SLW 24 as well

Stop it,            stop it, I'll have a MPD at this rate, haha.

Anyway, so as not to clog up Georges thread, I'll start Mason Street (Goods) in the Layouts Section in a minute or two.:good:

• Funny 1

Hello Andy, Must admit l do miss helping out at a few of the many shows that you Peter & Mike (the crazy gang) did they were a load of fun  (,hard work), still with the plans you have in your head maybe there will be some more shows in the pipeline ?...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Hello Andy, Must admit l do miss helping out at a few of the many shows that you Peter & Mike (the crazy gang) did they were a load of fun  (,hard work), still with the plans you have in your head maybe there will be some more shows in the pipeline ?...

And Breakfast, haha. spoke to Mike and Erwin last night, he sounds quite good considering.

• Friendly/supportive 1

WOW, Had a great day today at Tait Towers, John M, Ade Stevenson and I ventured through the Fog over the Derbyshire Dales to get to see Grundy St and Ash Lane.

The day began as always up there with a Weatherspoons Breakfast, then back to George's for a running session and repairs by me.

Then off to Poynton Garden Centre to spend some Modelling Tokens, and then into the Coffee Shop for a nice bit of Victoria Sponge and Latte. 

Grundy St is so much better than it looks on here and has so much in the way of great scenics and running potential. 

Ash Lane has a lot to offer in the way of running quality.

Cheers George for a great day out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Like many layouts, photos do not really do it justice. Even better in real life.

I had a fantastic day out. Thanks to Andy for driving and George for his hospitality and letting me play with his layouts.

I also came back with some goodies too.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 3

Had a visit from David (Jintyman) yesterday as he delivered lan Hallworths class 25 which he had fitted a sound chip in and weathered it, she look's lovely waiting in the sunshine between dutie's on 'Grundy Street' hopefully l will be getting my very weathered sound fitted class 31 in dutch livery very soon, Thank's David

DSC04893.JPG

DSC04890.JPG

DSC04891.JPG

DSC04892.JPG

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

Progress has been a little slow on 'Grundy Street', (stopped in fact having lost a little of the mojo thingy), but a new arrival in the loco department has cheered me up no end, and that is a filthy Bescot Class 31, painted and weathered by David (Jintyman), the condition is how l remember them all, and David has captured it well, well done that man......

DSC05513.JPG

DSC05514.JPG

DSC05515.JPG

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:14, Andrew P said:

Hi Mate, Anything new to report on GS this week?

Not much happening lately Mate, just a bit of shunting in the yard...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a cracking day out with Bodgit this afternoon at the DCC MRX show in Manchester Bus museum today where some goodies were bagged, and Bodgit bagged this cracking O gauge Class 56 in Railfreight Grey (Large Logo) as seen having  her first run out on 'Grundy Street' today and she sound's lovely...

DSC05638.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

DSC05640.JPG

DSC05641.JPG

• Like 6

13 hours ago, georgeT said:

Had a cracking day out with Bodgit this afternoon at the DCC MRX show in Manchester Bus museum today where some goodies were bagged, and Bodgit bagged this cracking O gauge Class 56 in Railfreight Grey (Large Logo) as seen having  her first run out on 'Grundy Street' today and she sound's lovely...

DSC05638.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

DSC05640.JPG

DSC05641.JPG

Very nice, who was selling that ? Was it the Loco Shed of Besses O’th Barn ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Very nice, who was selling that ? Was it the Loco Shed of Besses O’th Barn ?

Yes Craig, It needs some tiding up, and re weathering,  for example, why would the windows be dirty and the cab front clean? the windows would be the first thing to be cleaned.

image.png.7a15c42d5aeb64360c4134a67d2860d1.png

Edited by Andrew P
add pic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Think l have gone as far as l can with 'Grundy Street' and l really have lost a lot of interest in going any further, there are a lot of problems with track etc, and a lot of work would have to be done to get it into sellable condition, so its going into storage in the shed for now, l have had lots of interest in the buildings, so l might sell it off bit by bit ?

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear that George you seemed to getting on really well until the recent mojo issue.  Any plans for what you'll do next - presume your staying with O Gauge ... that 'Dutch 31' looks fantastic ... Jinty has done his usual superb job with that!

Rich

• Agree 1