Grundy Street

georgeT

55 minutes ago, Ian Major said:

I nice bit of soldering there George. You will have to bring it to High Lane on Friday so we can eyeball it.

Ian.

Hello lan, Will do mate....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I suspect your walrus is overweight. If you can remove some of the contents it would look a bit more prototypical 

Thanks for that 47606 I have removed some ballast from the wagon and yes it does look so much better....

• Like 1

Decided to have a break from diesels and Grundy Street and build some buildings for another project where l need a Goods shed, Signal box, station and yet another engine shed, none of these are for me....plus trying different building methods this time and using foam board  / card, pleased with the results so far...

DSC04826.JPG

DSC04827.JPG

DSC04829.JPG

DSC04830.JPG

DSC04831.JPG

DSC04832.JPG

DSC04833.JPG

DSC04834.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Will it still be part of Grumpy:nono: Grundy St, or a New Project with a new Name?

No Mate all the buildings are for Mark and his new project where me and Ian will be assisting him...

• Informative/Useful 1

Did some more work on the goods shed adding a couple of L-CUT doors and windows, must say l love the doors and windows from L-CUT first class and next day delivery, and once you laminate them together they really look the part, will be putting the tiles on next one by one....

DSC04836.JPG

DSC04837.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looks excellent mate, where did you get the design and measurements from?

Cheers Buddy, You know me, if it looks about right then it'll do..all guess work....  normally l work around a wagon / loco or a figure..

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Well the roof is now complete , just need to think about what wall to finish the shed off with...? l have always used 0 gauge track for the guttering and black card for the tiles....

DSC04838.JPG

DSC04839.JPG

DSC04840.JPG

DSC04841.JPG

DSC04842.JPG

DSC04843.JPG

DSC04844.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

That looks neat mate, What area is Mark modelling, as that will have a major bearing on the wall finish. I did like that Grey Stone Paper, and the Red Brick you bought looked pretty neat as well.

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Any new updates mate?

Hello Mate, You are up early this morning, couldn't you sleep ?    well as my layout is a bit dim in the corner l have bought some timber and some strip lighting to brighten up 'Grundy Street' so l will be busy this morning making them fit. more later...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hello Mate, You are up early this morning, couldn't you sleep ?    well as my layout is a bit dim in the corner l have bought some timber and some strip lighting to brighten up 'Grundy Street' so l will be busy this morning making them fit. more later...

Big Indian meal and wine last night, so couldn't sleep, so er indoors says do you want a cup of tea, so I says yes, and ended up with Tea and toast at 4am today.:o

Looking forward to seeing your Layout in a whole new LIGHT, haha.:taunt:

• Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, The Bigbee Line said:

Nice Walrus, is it a kit?

Hi, l have had it in my to do pile for ages, l bought it at Telford's bring and buy stall cheap as there were parts missing so l had to scratch build some parts and get some bogies, kit maker unknown, sorry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

A friend bought this beauty around to sell  in HO with DCC sound GET BEHIND ME SATIN ??

DSC04845.JPG

DSC04846.JPG

DSC04847.JPG

DSC04848.JPG

That looks like a Big Boy, I had one and also a Cab Forward many years ago, Russ has the O Gauge version, and THAT really is a BIG BOY.

Go on, you know you want to, if you do, so will I, haha.:nono:

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Some nice work gone on the layout George whilst I've been away looking very impressive . . dangerous showing that lovely US steamer with Andy P about :jester:

Hello Martin, l did see one a while back at a show in O gauge it was a monster certainly  would need a large radius to get her round ?