Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

I read the other day, never take any notice of criticism from anyone you wouldn't have asked for advice!

Always interesting to see other people's techniques, even down to painting. I tend to decant colour to a kipling pie tray these days and thin it slightly. Abolutely no idea why - just a habit ive got into.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

You might not be bothered but if you took some stills of your warping technique against a white background along with the finished Turbots, I'm pretty sure the modelling mags would be interested in that as an article as it's a bit different to all the usual weathering variations.

Earn a bit of pocket money as well!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

You might not be bothered but if you took some stills of your warping technique against a white background along with the finished Turbots, I'm pretty sure the modelling mags would be interested in that as an article as it's a bit different to all the usual weathering variations.

Earn a bit of pocket money as well!

then I’d have to write stuff, it’s definitely easier just doing the videos  lol 

• Funny 3

20 hours ago, 47606odin said:

then I’d have to write stuff, it’s definitely easier just doing the videos  lol 

I'm the other way, was asked to do a video build of something and that's just not happening! Quite happy to write a few words and take a load of stills but you won't find me on video.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, D6775 said:

I'm the other way, was asked to do a video build of something and that's just not happening! Quite happy to write a few words and take a load of stills but you won't find me on video.

as a train driver I spend many hours talking to myself, so making a video seems quite normal, instead of an inside the head voice, I let it out lol

• Like 1

Great video, Hither Green is really looking and sounding good. A little bit out of my era but watching your videos, I am really warming to the Railfreight liveries, the 33 looks superb :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Great video, Hither Green is really looking and sounding good. A little bit out of my era but watching your videos, I am really warming to the Railfreight liveries, the 33 looks superb :)

the trainload sector liveries definitely gave a bit of colourful zing to the scene

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Awesome work Ian.

Just recently starting following your thread, but watched many of your YouTube vids. Really enjoyed the Turbot reworks!  

Keep up the wonderful work, it's a pleasure to watch and this is coming from a 2mm modeller, but I still enjoy all aspects. 

Cheers

Anthony 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 37058 said:

Awesome work Ian.

Just recently starting following your thread, but watched many of your YouTube vids. Really enjoyed the Turbot reworks!  

Keep up the wonderful work, it's a pleasure to watch and this is coming from a 2mm modeller, but I still enjoy all aspects. 

Cheers

Anthony 

cheers Anthony, it’s good because the methods are usable in all scales

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Having started to do a bit of modelling in 7mm again, I was looking through YT and found your videos. The Class 50 sound fitting ones really helped with the sound fitting to my 37 especially with wiring up the lights. 

I’ve also just had a couple of Turbots delivered so your timing is perfect! Not that I’ll get much done in the next week as I’m back tomorrow for 7 in a row (train driver too) 

I also have a Grampus to finish off as well and an 08 to sound fit but there is no rush for that. 

Cheers

and looking forward to the next instalment of the Turbot. 

Thanks Eddie. All followers are appreciated, and yes, the life of a train driver is definitely a lifestyle choice, although I think it’s trying to do me in at the mo, but that’s allowed me to get my mojo back

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

it shouldn’t be, it works when I click the link

Its working fine now. My phone has being doing random things for the last few days - call me a cynic but I suspect they send stuff overnight to mess them up once they decide its time you spent more on a new one.

Anyway enjoyed that vid. I've tried the salt method, and covering the lot in rust before rubbing most off but haven't done the sponge yet so will give that a go.

• Like 1