DC Kits reintroductions

NIK

Hi,

I noticed in an RMWeb topic on Silver Fox models there was a link about DC Kits being gradually reissued.

I looked on the DC Kits website, saw that some kits I wanted seemed back in stock and ordered some. I've now received an E-mail from Charlie Petty of DC Kits saying those kits are not currently available but he hopes at some point to produce body only kits.

The kits I tried to order were Class 206 Tadpole Unit, Class 119 Cross Country DMMU and Class 201 6S Hastings unit.

So I guess if the webpage says an item is in stock but somewhere else on the page it says 'Body Kits will become available when time permits' then its not in stock.

I've let Charlie know of my observation of this aspect of his website.

Regards

Nick

I have always found the DCKits website to be a complete nightmare to navigate, been on there loads of times to buy sound decoders only to give up and go elsewhere to a much better written site.

A poorly constructed e ecommerce sight is not good for business and must be costing them money in lost sales.

• Like 1

I have always found the DCKits website to be a complete nightmare to navigate, been on there loads of times to buy sound decoders only to give up and go elsewhere to a much better written site.

A poorly constructed e ecommerce sight site is not good for business and must be costing them money in lost sales.

Just saying !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Just looked at the revamped web site.. much easier to find things than the old one...and you can find sound chips etc fairly easily now...

and the dc emus are all showing either  "kits out of stock in the words for the items or as a banner across the picture of the kit. As is usual some of the prices reflect the non availability of the kits.....

baz

If Charle is reading this, I'd be interested to know if he's willing to sell Gresley's bogie frames as a separate item, and also possibly roof vents and class 304/504 cab ends. Cheers.

If you go the DC Kits website and select DCKITS DMU & EMU Kits then select  DC Kits Plastic & Etched Detailing & Spares, or click on:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=131_167

then a large number of spares are listed including the ones you require, and they appear to be available for sale.

No connection with DC Kits, other than the fact I ordered some of the same spares (and other items) earlier this month. Haven't received them yet though, although we are still within the 28 days (just!) to be fair. Fingers crossed, as I also have my eye on the class 303 body kit which I have since noticed seems to be available too.

Edited by 379

If you go the DC Kits website and select DCKITS DMU & EMU Kits then select  DC Kits Plastic & Etched Detailing & Spares, or click on:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=131_167

then a large number of spares are listed including the ones you require, and they appear to be available for sale.

No connection with DC Kits, other than the fact I ordered some of the same spares (and other items) earlier this month. Haven't received them yet though, although we are still within the 28 days (just!) to be fair. Fingers crossed, as I also have my eye on the class 303 body kit which I have since noticed seems to be available too.

Hi,

Mr Petty replied by E-mail the next day to say the kits I wanted weren't available so hopefully your spares are on their way.

Regards

Nick

A poorly constructed e ecommerce sight is not good for business and must be costing them money in lost sales.

Over the last month we have had over 120 orders for sound decoders alone, please let me know which bit of the site is confusing you.   Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

Hi,

I noticed in an RMWeb topic on Silver Fox models there was a link about DC Kits being gradually reissued.

I looked on the DC Kits website, saw that some kits I wanted seemed back in stock and ordered some. I've now received an E-mail from Charlie Petty of DC Kits saying those kits are not currently available but he hopes at some point to produce body only kits.

The kits I tried to order were Class 206 Tadpole Unit, Class 119 Cross Country DMMU and Class 201 6S Hastings unit.

So I guess if the webpage says an item is in stock but somewhere else on the page it says 'Body Kits will become available when time permits' then its not in stock.

I've let Charlie know of my observation of this aspect of his website.

Regards

Nick

Sadly updating 6000 items and selling 4000 sound decoders a year and visiting 30+ Model Shows does take up quite a bit of my time, things will slowly come back BUT I cannot make a living on Kits any more as sales are hardly anything anymore. In the last 6 month I have possible had 16 orders which I have declined, sadly the priority it DCC Sound & REALTRACK Models which are flying out.

I am sorry but after 27 years doing this I have concluded that people only point out the bad things, never the good things.  Sorry but I cannot do everything.

Kits will not pay for my living, the other stuff does!   Charlie

Thanks for the updates Charlie.

I expect you'll be at the Wigan show next weekend?

If so I'll come over and pester you!

Cheers

E3109

What are you pestering me for????

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Haha, I'll probably pester you for Gresley bogie frames and a couple of 304 cabs, if you happen to bring some along.

Do you have any decent MSW type pans Charlie, if so I'll pester you even more if you bring some

Only 30 plus shows a year !!!

All the mileage there and back, set up time and standing on your feet for 2 or 3 days, let alone the odd bit of talking !!!

You must be doing something RIGHT, if you are selling over 4000 sound Chips per year

Maybe it's the QUALITY of SOUND and range of speakers that you offer to the modeller, as well as the good old fashioned customer service that you provide.

Usual disclaimers etc.

• RMweb Gold

HAND's UP !!!!!!!!!!!!   Who wants any PFA Wagon Kits.  As I found a few bits in the lock up while looking for 303 Kits.

Charlie

How many 303 kits did you dig out Charlie? Hope it was more than your orders, 'cos I've just ordered one for Ravensclyffe!

Andi

Edited by Dagworth

• RMweb Premium

“A poorly constructed e ecommerce sight is not good for business and must be costing them money in lost sales”

“I am sorry but after 27 years doing this I have concluded that people only point out the bad things, never the good things. Sorry but I cannot do everything”

Well said Charlie

I was going to reply when I saw Paul80 ridiculous comment this morning and I would not have been so polite.

Keep the good work up.

Terry

• Like 1

On 30/09/2018 at 18:58, ELTEL said:

“A poorly constructed e ecommerce sight is not good for business and must be costing them money in lost sales”

“I am sorry but after 27 years doing this I have concluded that people only point out the bad things, never the good things. Sorry but I cannot do everything”

Well said Charlie

I was going to reply when I saw Paul80 ridiculous comment this morning and I would not have been so polite.

Keep the good work up.

Terry

I tend to find people who make comments like that probably will never ask you for help to point them in the right direction!  The site seems to be working as I am very busy.

IF anyone has comments, bad or otherwise PLEASE let me know.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
error

Its rather annoying that when you add items to your basket the website jumps back to the top, okay no biggy in the grand scheme of things just annoying.

It does say the 119 and 120 are in stock on the right hand side but will be in stock in the description.

Am I right that chassis, bogies, wheels and glazing are not available (and not likely to ever be available) so its just the bodies plus other bits available?

I would order the chassis upgrade kit but its a bit expensive.  :jester:

Edited by royaloak