Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

On 09/09/2020 at 09:42, adb968008 said:

Green boxes are here...742E0903-8544-4FF7-BFE2-0499CAE8C002.jpeg.58f13231f12474258af116580345b356.jpeg

Apologies if I’ve missed this being mentioned but I’ve got a mix of the Rails wagons and the standard ones from C&M Models and the detailing bags seem to differ between the versions, though I’m not in front of them now.  From memory the Rails ones don’t seem to have the spare stanchions?

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, owentherail said:

A question..... are the brown BBAs older than the black/red ones ? 

No. They are a base colour to represent the current condition run down/rusty ones. They have modern warning flashes.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, owentherail said:

From the Cavalex website "Early batches of the BBA were delivered in BR bauxite brown livery with black bogies, while the final batch of wagons wore the then new Railfreight black livery with red ends and side labels."

Here: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/4mm-projects

Roy

10 hours ago, owentherail said:

Good morning Owen,

The plain brown version is to represent a base colour more suitable for a weathered finish to model the wagons in the condition seen today rather than a livery. 

This version carries the current overhead live wire signs.

We plan to release the BBA in bauxite for those that model prior to the Railfreight period when we do a second run .

Hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Apologies if I’ve missed this being mentioned but I’ve got a mix of the Rails wagons and the standard ones from C&M Models and the detailing bags seem to differ between the versions, though I’m not in front of them now.  From memory the Rails ones don’t seem to have the spare stanchions?

They do mate. Give the bags a shake. They are definitely in there. In mine, some are separate lose stanchions  and in one or two boxes the stanchions are on a sprue.

Edited by 66738
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 66738 said:

They do mate. Give the bags a shake. They are definitely in there. In mine, some are separate lose stanchions  and in one or two boxes the stanchions are on a sprue.

Ah, that’s what it is, I’ve seen the sprue in a few bags so thought it was missing in the ones where they are obviously loose.

5 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good morning Owen,

The plain brown version is to represent a base colour more suitable for a weathered finish to model the wagons in the condition seen today rather than a livery. 

This version carries the current overhead live wire signs.

We plan to release the BBA in bauxite for those that model prior to the Railfreight period when we do a second run .

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I will now look forward to bauxite BBAs too 

Hi All,

I received my BBA wagon earlier in the week & like many others have been truly blown away by the quality. 

A truly outstanding piece of miniature engineering worthy of recognition.

Congratulations to Cavalex on another outstanding wagon to compliment the earlier realeased PGA.

I look forward to further announcements.

I have attached an image below from my running session this afternoon.

IMG_3358.PNG

• Like 2

I wonder how well these have sold at the dealers? If they have sold as well as it appears, it might encourage the shops to order more as stock for their sales, thereby increasing your presence and business? Looking at the quality of what you have made so far, you deserve to grow and bring more of these excellent models to market.

• Agree 1