Jump to content
micklner

KRModels announce a GT3 Model

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, KR Models said:

I don't know what you mean by "secrecy", since we tried to get you to email us to answer the question, knowing full well it would be posted here, so that neither party can edit either side of what was said, making sure nothing is misinterpreted. But apparently that was reaching too much, so I apologise.

 

Secondly, our delivery regulations are as follows:

  1. Once we announce via newsletter/Facebook/on our website that the models have been dispatched for delivery, there will be a 30 day period in which you should receive the model. If you do not receive the model within those 30 days, you can contact us and get another one sent to you, while we collect the other one still in transit. 
  2. Once you receive the model, there will be another 30 day period in which you may return the model for a full refund, provided the packaging isnt damaged, the model isnt damaged, and the model has not been tampered with in any way. After that 30 day period, the model will not be able to be refunded or returned.
  3. If for what ever reason the model is dysfunctional or damaged in anyway upon delivery, or proceeds to break down or cease function during the 12 month period following delivery, provided that the model has not been tampered with in anyway outside of standard operation, then the model can be replaced free of charge (delivery is free also).
  4. All packages are delivered and tracked by the Royal Mail, meaning that all packages will need to be signed for upon delivery.

I hope this answers your question, any more questions and i'll try to answer as best as I can.

Regarding 2. Just like it says on the web site? (I thought that stated 14 days the last time I looked and with slightly different wording as to qualifying reasons for returns).

Which like your email address is UK based but includes a Canadian physical address.

No wonder some people are feeling rather confused.

Bernard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, royaloak said:

Why dont any videos show it stopping and starting or running slowly?

The only assumption is it goes from zero to sixty in about 0.3 seconds and is crap at low speed operation.

 

Edit-

Just seen the reply below from KR Models, its a sample so fair enough, it is a work in progress.

 

No basis for this assumption.

 

5 hours ago, royaloak said:

Hence the edit in my post but please do feel free to have a dig at one of your customers for having the audacity to ask a question about a model he has ordered even after he has corrected himself!

 

Which distance selling regs are you using again, is the the UK or one of the many US or Canadian ones?

 

Stirring things.

 

4 hours ago, KR Models said:

 

What is your query? Email me direct [email protected]

 

This does not help.

 

33 minutes ago, KR Models said:

I don't know what you mean by "secrecy", since we tried to get you to email us to answer the question, knowing full well it would be posted here, so that neither party can edit either side of what was said, making sure nothing is misinterpreted. But apparently that was reaching too much, so I apologise.

 

Secondly, our delivery regulations are as follows:

  1. Once we announce via newsletter/Facebook/on our website that the models have been dispatched for delivery, there will be a 30 day period in which you should receive the model. If you do not receive the model within those 30 days, you can contact us and get another one sent to you, while we collect the other one still in transit. 
  2. Once you receive the model, there will be another 30 day period in which you may return the model for a full refund, provided the packaging isnt damaged, the model isnt damaged, and the model has not been tampered with in any way. After that 30 day period, the model will not be able to be refunded or returned.
  3. If for what ever reason the model is dysfunctional or damaged in anyway upon delivery, or proceeds to break down or cease function during the 12 month period following delivery, provided that the model has not been tampered with in anyway outside of standard operation, then the model can be replaced free of charge (delivery is free also).
  4. All packages are delivered and tracked by the Royal Mail, meaning that all packages will need to be signed for upon delivery.

I hope this answers your question, any more questions and i'll try to answer as best as I can.

 

Thank you Keith for this post. it could have been useful a year ago but better late than never to clarify these things.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Thank you Keith for this post. it could have been useful a year ago but better late than never to clarify these things.

Apologies for not posting this sooner. I realise this should have been clarified long ago, it has definitely been a learning experience for us.

  • Friendly/supportive 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royaloak said:

The rather simple question is exactly as is written in the post you quoted, which distance selling regs are you using so we know our rights, what dont you understand about the question?

 

Why dont you want it made public which regs you are using, surely you realise I would post them up on here anyway, but it would obviously be best if you posted the information yourself?

 

All this avoiding the question stuff makes me think I have thrown my money away like I did with another individual recently!

 

If you want my email I can contact you using one of my throwaway ones, I am not making my proper one public otherwise my employer could find out who I am and as I post some things which shouldnt really be made public I would like to avoid that!

Why would you emailing Keith put your email address in the public domain.?

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Why would you emailing Keith put your email address in the public domain.?

Short answer, it wouldn't.

 

Longer answer, any information sent to us will remain confidential, unless stated otherwise by the other party. We understand not everyone wants their details to be outed publicly so we assume that, again unless stated otherwise, they want to remain anonymous.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KR Models said:

 

I hope this answers your question, any more questions and i'll try to answer as best as I can.

It does, thank you! :good:

 

No other questions at the moment.

 

Oh for information, I have never had to return a defective loco, even ones where the bogies would not rotate due to trapped pick up wires (Bachmann 20s), I removed the bodies and routed the wires correctly and no further issues, a fault involving disconnected wires or a fault requiring anything more than a body removal and 'fiddle' would be sent back though, I hope that clarifies things that I dont send things back for silly reasons. ;)

Edited by royaloak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2019 at 14:29, Ryde-on-time said:

 

Hornby & Bachmann do not ask customer to finance models by paying up front so not a fair comparison.

 

Those that do such as RevolutioN do try and communicate throughout the development of their models, it seems to be appreciated and they are applauded  for it

 

I have received regular communications from KR Models and from Keith personally throughout the development of GT3, ever since I submitted my expression of interest. 

  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Philip Jackson said:

I have sent emails to KR Models and not had replies. my logon to the website no longer works either.

Which email address did you use? I was told the [email protected]  address used for sending the newsletters out isn't monitored for incoming emails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest from Keith is that the second sample is expected shortly for traction testing, the third will be a decorated sample and delivery to customers is on track for June. 

 

EoIs still being invited for the Fell.

  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Latest from Keith is that the second sample is expected shortly for traction testing, the third will be a decorated sample and delivery to customers is on track for June. 

 

Was that in direct response to an enquiry from you, or a general mail shot to customers? Because I didn't get the memo. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was email, not a response to an enquiry from me. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email too, on Monday 20th.

 I think it either went to all subscribers for updates, or to those who have paid for the GT3, or both.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The front end shape and chocolate colour remind me of the German H 45 024 high pressure steamer. Made in Communist East Germany it was a complete failure...

 

The model made by Trix is better than the real thing!

15035-95-5.jpg

15035-95-8.jpg

15035-95-10.jpg

Edited by maico
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Condensing tender, I assume. Gosh, GT3 looks so much more handsome though.

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an email from KR this morning; they have enough EoIs to proceed and are now taking orders for the Fell. Three instalments of £50 plus p&p for the standard version. 

 

KR state this is not a crowdfunded project but they have had a lot of requests to be able to spread the costs over a period of time as there are a lot of models coming out at the same time which people want.

Edited by D9001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Had an email from KR this morning; they have enough EoIs to proceed and are now taking orders for the Fell. Three instalments of £50 plus p&p for the standard version. 

 

KR state this is not a crowdfunded project but they have had a lot of requests to be able to spread the costs over a period of time as there are a lot of models coming out at the same time which people want.

See the Fell thread. I posted this there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 96701 said:

See the Fell thread. I posted this there.

Forgot there was one! 

Edited by D9001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Forgot there was one! 

 

 

Just here   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/06/2019 at 10:13, PMP said:

Both those service sheets are for N gauge models, where all gear drive chassis’s have been successful. Can you show us the service sheets for the HO models?

 

The Marklin-Trix k-class has 4 cog driven axles as shown at 51 sec

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0AV5k3nfM&t=518s

Edited by maico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.