Bachmann stand at Warley Show

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

didnt see the usual scrum for cast offs around the Bachmann stand this year.  Somebody told it was tucked away in a corner.    Good idea.

I gather from posts elsewhere that the Bachmann Scrum has been depleted due to some quite high prices now being asked for their returned stock with many finding the same or better for less elsewhere in the venue.

Sadly the days when I picked up a new tooling large logo Farish Class 37/4 and a three car Class 101 for a hundred sheets the lot has now long gone...

Whilst I am unable to attend Warley due to work/child/distance/cash I do go to Ally Pally and it is noticeable the upping of the game in stand presentation going on.  Bachmann's looks good, so does the likes of some of the retailers like Rails etc.  By contrast the Hornby stand always looks dated and not very well thought out in terms of appearance whilst the Dapol stand seems to resemble a Church Jumble Sale.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I gather from posts elsewhere that the Bachmann Scrum has been depleted due to some quite high prices now being asked for their returned stock with many finding the same or better for less elsewhere in the venue.

There wasn’t that many returns, compared to previous years. It wasn’t piled high, with cages of cardboard boxes waiting to be opened once there was space on the table as in the past.

By Saturday afternoon the table was looking very bare, Sunday I don’t think they took much home.

Whilst prices were better for new, elsewhere in the hall. There was still enough people to part with cash for returns, even though many, like myself left empty handed. (Though Sunday I did pick up an MPV and a C class for £100).

• 2 weeks later...

didnt see the usual scrum for cast offs around the Bachmann stand this year.  Somebody told it was tucked away in a corner.    Good idea.

The Bachmann returns stand has been tucked away at the back of the hall, for two or possibly three years now.

It's located well away from their main and very professional stand which is usually near to the entrance to the show.

You must have had a massive rucksack..!

:-)

Cant stand the things, In the big shows its more like wack o' mole game with people wearing a rucksack.

Cheeky...

Now I know you didn’t just clean up at end of day Sunday, as there’s a green warship I wanted there on Saturday am, which was gone by Saturday pm.

Don’t suppose you want £20 for it ? :onthequiet:

;)

I Wasn't even at the show on Saturday, I went on Sunday.......

£20 - No sorry, feel free to email us and we talk about a serious offer. 

it's a photo of the shop-front, http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/AGRModelRailwayStore

cheers,

Keith

Thank you, 

All of what was left ( Loco wise ) we brought and now have for sale via the shop :)

Feel free to come view / purchase the models from our display cases.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The comedy Operation Petticoat, I think. An American submarine was hastily repaired and the only paint available was red and and white lead, with not enough of either for a complete coat.

I believe you are correct there; however, there was a WWII camouflage which was pink...or more correctly designated as 'Mountbatten Pink'. I have a Mirage Hobbies Model of a Flower Class corvette 'HMS Anchusa' which is depicted as painted in this scheme.

Some brief reading:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CEauCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=mountbatten+pink+camouflage&source=bl&ots=_WjDgp_q6-&sig=GnR9-QO3wmadXqUUdwpgIBKgIC8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2x4edzKvfAhXB26QKHbTtDtQ4FBDoATABegQICBAB#v=onepage&q=mountbatten%20pink%20camouflage&f=false