Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Great stuff, Al. Would that Deeley tender have kept its middle axle though?

Thanks Jonathan,

Yes as Geraint pointed out earlier, by the time they were using ex-BR or LMS tenders, they were mostly coming in from the Buxton end, so were not having to traverse the inclines, so the middle axle was not such a problem.

I dare say trying to get one round Gotham curve might be interesting, but they didn't have to contend with the breakover angle at the top of Sheep's Pasture or Middleton, which was the real problem for a centre axle.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Whilst sorting through the less shameful box of bits that I have saved up to build my layout, what should turn up? 

I had only put lettering on one side. It wasn't at all good. Managed to scrub it off! Sorry about the grotty phone picture.

IMG_20201128_224300.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
Picture no attach!
  • Like 7

Don’t know if it’s any use to you, but I found the book with photos of the water tenders at the weekend. It’s Foxline’s “Scenes of the Past No. 37 Part 2: Onward to Cromford”.

Plenty of photos of tenders at the top of and traversing Sheep’s Pasture incline: four-wheel McConnell tender frames with purpose built tanks, four-wheel McConnell tenders, Webb six-wheel tenders without the centre wheelset and what looks like a Webb tender frame with a purpose built tank. There’s also a shot of what looks like two Fowler and one Johnson tenders in a train at Friden, all with six wheels in place.

Edited by Tortuga
Wrong book number!

1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

Oh that's great thanks,

I have the Part one, but not the part two, so a quick hint to family might see an addition to the Xmas list... :)

Cheers mate,

Al.

Managed to give the wrong volume number - it’s 37 not 32!

Foxline books are now published by Book Law by the way - to help with that addition to the Xmas list you know!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

My thanks to all who have followed and supported this thread over the course of a very strange year, here's hoping that next year is a bit better.

ladmanlow1507xmas.jpg.556315c9cee84e2446f1028de4e01268.jpg

Al.

You have entertained and inspired me. Many thanks for all your hard work and a very happy Christmas to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Al, 

Merry Christmas. 

Thank you for the inspiration. Here's looking forward to 2021. 

Rob. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...