Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Apologies Al, rather more pressing matters at chez Rayner (undoubtedly elsewhere too). Life must be returning to something approaching good or normal though, I've found a moment to pop by. Hope you and yours are well. Great pic, take care.

C6T. 

Great to hear from you mate, and thank you. Hope all is well at C6T Manor, and all the best.

Al.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Oh, a new page!

Better stick something on it then!

ladmanlow1273.jpg.21b5217231ab4ad3b5a2b62a9a7dcb2b.jpg

Al.

Looking great as always. When is the next extension going to be unveiled? Your work is a true inspiration. 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Looking great as always. When is the next extension going to be unveiled? Your work is a true inspiration. 

Thanks Chris, I was hoping to unveil a new small module in a photo and video shoot this Bank Holiday, however the weather is not looking good - as you can imagine taking the layout out in the rain is sub-optimal - so I may not get any footage this time.

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Chris, I was hoping to unveil a new small module in a photo and video shoot this Bank Holiday, however the weather is not looking good - as you can imagine taking the layout out in the rain is sub-optimal - so I may not get any footage this time.

Al.

If rain threatens then it is more important to preserve your work and we can see it another day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Al.

Exciting!!! A new module! Good to hear you’ve been cracking on mate. Peaks weather is only looking decent tomorrow morning really. Looking forward to seeing this. 

Jay

• Like 2

That stone embankment is something that could inspire an entire layout.

I like to squeeze a bridge into any plans for a model (provided that it doesn't have a bus on it of course...)

Hope that you don't mind, but I'm stealing the term "sub-optimal" for future use.

Such phrases are handy when in polite company where it would be inappropriate to refer to an awkward situation as a "total c#ck thistle".

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

A recrop of the distant shot posted some time ago:

ladmanlow1530b.jpg.aa50c2d09976e5cd8139bdaaad9593c4.jpg

Al.

I think you need to redo the backscene as your current effort makes it look as if it will rain soon! LOL:jester:

• Funny 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2021 at 13:17, Alister_G said:

Thanks guys, for all your comments.

@Andrew P on the "How Realistic" thread you asked "and what's your NEXT project mate?"

When it gets a bit warmer I'm hoping to take some video out on the moors in the same location. I've been gathering together all the necessary technical bits to make that possible. I've also started another 2 foot module to add on the end of the embankment board to allow a train to approach from off the embankment.

Al.

Hi Al. 

Had visions of you buying up B&Q's entire stock of extension cables or hooking up 11 car batteries in series with  a dozen jumper cables.:jester:

No doubt you have a sensible method of powering the layout for the video!:sungum:

It definitely sounds like something unique! Looking forward to seeing it however you pull it off mate.

The latest set of photos are first class. You raised the bar a few notches to a record breaking high, a record you'll hold for quite some time I think.  

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Shaun,

I now have a 12V to 240V inverter so I can leave the trailer load of car batteries and the diesel generator set at home :D

The weather is not playing nice at the moment - every weekend so far it's threatened or actually supplied copious quantities of rain - with a bit of hail thrown in for good measure, so I'm getting a bit frustrated in my attempts to take some video "au naturale". I will get it done as soon as I can.

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Al, be careful about going "au naturale" its still quite cold out. All the best Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, useful advice as always, I don't want to end up with frostbite on my points...

Al.

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2021 at 13:17, Alister_G said:

Thanks guys, for all your comments.

@Andrew P on the "How Realistic" thread you asked "and what's your NEXT project mate?"

When it gets a bit warmer I'm hoping to take some video out on the moors in the same location. I've been gathering together all the necessary technical bits to make that possible. I've also started another 2 foot module to add on the end of the embankment board to allow a train to approach from off the embankment.

Al.

:swoon:

Don't know about the cold but there's cameras everywhere these days!

Had an incident just last week up in the woods after a night of mixing IPAs. First time in my life too and some red neck's got a camera strapped to a tree. Just my luck.:(

Regards Shaun. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Shaun,

I now have a 12V to 240V inverter so I can leave the trailer load of car batteries and the diesel generator set at home :D

The weather is not playing nice at the moment - every weekend so far it's threatened or actually supplied copious quantities of rain - with a bit of hail thrown in for good measure, so I'm getting a bit frustrated in my attempts to take some video "au naturale". I will get it done as soon as I can.

Al.

3 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Al, be careful about going "au naturale" its still quite cold out. All the best Adrian.

:swoon:

Don't know about the cold but there's cameras everywhere these days!

Had an incident just last week up in the woods after a night of mixing IPAs. First time in my life too and some red neck's got a camera strapped to a tree. Just my luck.:(

Regards Shaun. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

6 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Shaun,

Al.

3 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Could layouting take over from dogging, or sheeping as it is known in the Derbyshire Dales?!!

Mike.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Could layouting take over from dogging, or sheeping as it is known in the Derbyshire Dales?!!

Mike.

I think the umm, "urges" involved are slightly different...

The location I take the layout is thankfully a bit too remote and windswept for dogging, although I have in the past taken a girlfriend up there for a bit of spooning, and on one memorable occasion a bit of forking...

Al.

• Funny 6