New forum software

Message added by AY Mod

Before posting any faults found in this topic please check that it has not already been addressed in earlier posts such as New Content, Last unread post etc and why the update was necessary.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, mvrattler said:

Hi Andy,

Is there a facility to download ( in PDF or Word) a complete post to use off line ( as in the Western Thunde forum ) ?

Kerry in OZ

There are links at the bottom left of the page for sharing posts.

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Boris said:

I seem to remember it wasn't chuntering, there was quite a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, possibly a bit of mad panic, fear of the world ending  and perhaps even the odd cry of "the sky is falling".

It was awesome, I got hours of fun out of that thread.

Oh yeah it was fun. I was one of the privileged few who got to sneak in before opening time today do some testing as both versions were live at the same time. The jump forward in functionality was huge. This upgrade is more evolutionary so far at least.... 

• Like 1

Thanks Philj W

I Just did that and emailed to myself, But it only downloaded one of the 6 pages that make up the build of a Dunlastair 1

Kerry

Is there a facility to download ( in PDF or Word) a complete article to use off line ( as in the Western Thunde forum ) ?

Kerry in OZ

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone please explain to me how on earth I delete messages in messenger as I find not only can I NOT call up a complete list but the bloomin' thing now shuffles all the 'notifications' into the messenger box filling it with stuff I don't want to keep at all once I've read it (so I've turned them off, I think).

The old system allowed me to see my complete list of PMs and choose whichever I wanted to delete but I can't even get the list up now let alone delete any.  BTW I still need to delete selectively and not trash the whole lot.

Edited by The Stationmaster
Trypos

Mike - having selected a particular PM, there is a dropdown options box on the right-hand side, allowing deletion of that PM.

Not sure what you mean by 'shuffling all the 'notifications' into the messenger box'.

rmweb-pm-deletion.png.ade896f5799db1965d773d9c5e752c55.png

P,S. Yes the new PM system is stupid. Yesterday, mine was 24% full. Today, with exactly the same number of messages, it is "41%".

Edited by Miss Prism
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Miss Prism said:

Mike - having selected a particular PM, there is a dropdown options box on the right-hand side, allowing deletion of that PM.

Not sure what you mean by 'shuffling all the 'notifications' into the messenger box'.

rmweb-pm-deletion.png.ade896f5799db1965d773d9c5e752c55.png

P,S. Yes the new PM system is stupid. Yesterday, mine was 24% full. Today, with exactly the same number of messages, it is "41%".

Thanks Miss P,

Now that does indeed work BUT unlike the old system it seems I can only delete one message (i.e. PM) conversation at a time instead of 20 or more.

However the big problem - which has seemingly swallowed a hefty chunk of my mailbox capacity taking to over 150%  - is 'notifications' and there doesn't seem to be any way to delete even one of them and I'd be happy to get rid of them all in one go.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, PM problem solved, sort off.  I noticed a little box in the bottom left corner of each PM subject box and if you tick in that box you get a different pop-up at the bottom of the screen with wastepaper basket symbol which is supposed to let you kill all the ticked messages at once (although that did produce an error code so it might have made the software couhgh a littl.  I'll give it another try tomorrow and report if there is a problem with using that facility.

Still got to find out how to bin notification messages tho'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2019 at 10:53, Vistisen said:

I just want to make sure I have done the right thing to stop receiving daily digest mails. I set this yesterday, but still received a mail this morning  at 02.26

image.png.2ba7a7118fccb1e9139128c15e811d06.png

I did the same last week and was still being spammed with digests. 

As Andy53B says, it turns out you have to go to every single thread where you may have accidentally forgotten to disable mail notifications:

image.png.6ab21bb686fa2b0a450273bbec82897b.png

As a rule, I always select "Do not send me any notifications" but clearly have missed doing so on some topics. It could be a long haul waiting for every topic you've done this on to be replied to and getting the digest before you can change their settings.

Edited by 57xx
Speeling

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, 57xx said:

It could be a long haul waiting for every topic you've done this on to be replied to and getting the digest before you can change their settings.

Go to: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/followed/

To change one topic, click the yellow Change preference button against it.

To change multiple followed topics, click the boxes on the right. To change all followed topics on the page in one go, click the box top right:

followed_notifications.png.e4264b225c2dcf1eb46aee581688cf2a.png

followed_notifications1.png.b356a265348c0b61fad6d314a5e1510e.png

it is necessary to do each page of the list separately.

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Martin. So it looks like after the migration of data to the new forum, all the notifications settings I had set to "No notification" have been replaced with "Immediate Notification". The only ones in the whole 7 pages I have currently with No Notification are the ones I have had to change when getting digests for them.

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

it is necessary to do each page of the list separately.

It looks like you can actually do Select All on the pages before changing the settings:

image.png.c6dc79974210ae43bf06f37e47ab9175.png

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if I've missed this but will the archived 2007 - 2009 forum pages be available eventually? I realise that this will be down the list of priorities and possibly an unrealistic expectation given the amount of traffic and storage the current forum must take up.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I had to delete a lot of PM's two days ago to get down from 210% capacity before I could send a PM.   I did find the multiple delete option but found that if I selected more that about 25 it took a long time to delete them.  I then did them in batches of about 15.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Since Friday the forum for me has been unbelievably slow, wondered if anything was being done, has anyone else had this?

I'm using an i pad, cleared all history, caches etc.

Steve.

Fine for me — also using an iPad. Normally I check RMWeb mid-afternoon. OK right now.

• Thanks 1

I would agree it has its slow moments. Loading a post today took several times longer than in the past. I'm on BT fibre, so have a really fast line. My iMac has a fraction hesitation before loading, but is quicker than my iPad. Of course the processors are considerably different so you can't compare the two, but overall it certainly feels slower. Not a major issue asI'm sure once things really settle down, speed will return to normal.

Saving and loading this post took a few seconds, whereas it was almost instant before.

Edited by gordon s