OO Scale Megafret intermodal wagons

TravisM

• 3 weeks later...

Brawa do them nicely in HO, but forgive me, I do not know enough about the scale differences to know would there be enough space between wagon skirt frame and bogie to allow for 2nd radius in OO? Yet appears to be €130 which some might say is a little rich for a wagon. I would pay though, but would the mass market?

b6598c82-dd8c-4722-ac53-443de9fe46db.jpg 

• 1 year later...
On 06/10/2020 at 11:54, Craig1989 said:

Can’t see this anywhere else but can the Oxford rail tesco containers fit these out of interest?

I can confirm that they do fit the Dapol Megafret's, I have a few.

Edited by dave56
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, daz9284 said:

To my untrained eye there doesn't look to be much in them. 

They are outwardly similar yes. By modifying the bogie skirts, container locking points and shape of the end areas you could probably get a reasonable representation of them, though I haven't seen it done yet. I doubt the Dapol tooling could be adapted however.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, daz9284 said:

To my untrained eye there doesn't look to be much in them. 

Why ask the question then? You could just paint some IKAs maroon and I suspect 95% of people wouldn’t know any difference. You could do some modifications and get even closer, but it’s still quite different. 

I’ve got a rough CAD for an N gauge one to 3D print at some point, with a view to cheating on the deck detail and just fitting a container.  

1 hour ago, njee20 said:

Why ask the question then? You could just paint some IKAs maroon and I suspect 95% of people wouldn’t know any difference. You could do some modifications and get even closer, but it’s still quite different. 

I’ve got a rough CAD for an N gauge one to 3D print at some point, with a view to cheating on the deck detail and just fitting a container.  

Because I've been close to both in the flesh and I couldn't see anything major so was asking incase I was blind to something obvious like wagon length etc.

If someone did the transfers I would paint some IKAs maroon.

Cheers

Darryl

• RMweb Premium

I can potentially have a go. Like I say, I've got the CAD for an FKA, so I'll need to do them at some point anyway! Only thing is that I've not got a OO gauge IKA to measure up.

Obviously you don't want to model a model, but there are some quite nice comparative shots from Dave Lowery's models: IKA, FKA.

Edited by njee20
  • Like 2