All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know from my observations around the Immingham area they all worked from Lindsey and later Humber refinery's from the late 90s early 2000s.

I don't know if they have worked anywhere else since though

On 05/03/2019 at 21:14, blueeighties said:

I know not a lot about wagons....I do need a rake of TEAs. Are these suitable for mid 1980s blue period, or does it have to be the ever more insanely priced Bachmann version?

You certainly can run BR Blue Loco's with these. Pairs of 'Canton based 37's in blue were common  as were Railfreight Red Stripe and Petroleum branded Locos on the  Langley trains that ran through Reading station back when I used to go there in 87 onwards. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May 2019 update.

380311869_TEAx3.png.b0282fd519666b5030e46daa81e0da40.png

We are delighted to formally open pre-orders for our 4mm TEA wagon via the shop section of our website https://www.cavalexmodels.com/shop

We are initially producing three variants, Total grey, Weathered brown and the KBA barrier wagon. 

Pricing and variants are available as follows:

Shop-template---TEA-Triple.png.48af676b0ab8f4285b7e8a73f71c35de.png

Total grey:

Single grey TEA - £42.50 pre-order/£45 RRP

Grey Total TEA triple pack - £120 pre-order/£135 RRP

Shop-template---TEA-Brown-Triple.png.d1fa402a80ac9d28139e6e32b145f87d.png

Weathered brown:

Single brown TEA - £42.50 pre-order/£45 RRP

Plain brown TEA triple pack - £120 pre-order/£135 RRP

Shop-template---KBA-Double.png.2c1f7c5dcbbe8fbab7243b24e6b7b2d8.png

KBA barrier wagon:

Double pack as per the S Stock movements: £80 pre-order/£90 RRP

Orders before midnight on Sunday the 30th June will qualify for the aforementioned pre-order discount. Once you have selected the quantity you wish to order, please select the drop down if you wish to pay in full or a 50% deposit. 

If you have any questions please do get in touch! We will have a 3D printed TEA with us at DEMU showcase – please come and see it in the flesh!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify if possible please, but is it correct to presume that 'Weathered Brown' will be as illustrated, ie. essentially what is an overall 'flat' brown livery; or will the finish be more in line with what other manufacturers have done before, ie. actual weathering effects (dust, streaking etc).  From the illustrations I assume the former however I would just like to be sure.

thanks

Al

Edited by YesTor

On 06/05/2019 at 16:11, Grimleygrid said:

KBA barrier wagon:

Double pack as per the S Stock movements...

Don't forget the petroleum sector logos! Seen on VTG85933 at Derby Station.

IMG_5111PS.jpg.361771d83d4cf8798c5cea1bc581be39.jpg

Looking like a cracking model!

Jack.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack374 said:

Don't forget the petroleum sector logos! Seen on VTG85933 at Derby Station.

Looking like a cracking model!

All I need now is an S Stock set...  oh, and a quad of Class 20s...   :)       :lol:

On 07/05/2019 at 00:17, YesTor said:

Just to clarify if possible please, but is it correct to presume that 'Weathered Brown' will be as illustrated, ie. essentially what is an overall 'flat' brown livery; or will the finish be more in line with what other manufacturers have done before, ie. actual weathering effects (dust, streaking etc).  From the illustrations I assume the former however I would just like to be sure.

thanks

Al

I was hoping that it's just that it was easier to use a single shade of brown for the image above (ie fill the outline with one colour) than to actually 'weather' an image.  However, I notice that the weathered brown livery has the same price as the grey livery, so unfortunately, I suspect that it will be an all over flat brown livery rather than a heavily weathered grey livery that effectively looks predominantly brown.  Is it easier to get the effect on the photograph above by starting with a grey wagon and weathering it with brown paint, or starting with a flat brown wagon and try to make some parts less brown?

When I have done wagons in similar condition before, I've painted it all over brown and then added the base colour on top, especially areas where dirt rubs off or doesn't build up in the first place due to contact etc

Jo

1 hour ago, Dungrange said:

I was hoping that it's just that it was easier to use a single shade of brown for the image above (ie fill the outline with one colour) than to actually 'weather' an image.  However, I notice that the weathered brown livery has the same price as the grey livery, so unfortunately, I suspect that it will be an all over flat brown livery rather than a heavily weathered grey livery that effectively looks predominantly brown.  Is it easier to get the effect on the photograph above by starting with a grey wagon and weathering it with brown paint, or starting with a flat brown wagon and try to make some parts less brown?

I think I'd prefer a flat brown over full factory weathering, and then further streaking etc could be added to taste with varying shades of grey, brown, varnish etc.  I have a feeling it is flat brown that Cavalex have opted for but just wanted to double check.

As for whether it is easier to start with a grey or brown wagon?  Well, I guess that depends upon any individual's ability/confidence with their own weathering technique - Grey of course would be fine, as you can weather to any degree that you wish to, while brown would be a good canvas for a heavily-weathered version, which you could simply add a little individuality by adding a few of your own effects without having to layer up perhaps several base coats of weathering.  Ultimately I don't think there is any 'right' or 'wrong' method, but instead it is simply down to individual preference.

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 1

On 07/05/2019 at 00:17, YesTor said:

thanks

Al

Good afternoon Alan,

We are planning to have a weathered version of the TEA.

Currently we are working with the factory with the aim of producing an authentic weathered version of the TEA.

We will of course keep everyone up to date on this.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but have a couple of questions as follows;

1. Will the single wagons have different running numbers to the triple packs, or the triple pack is just 3 single wagons highlighted bundled together?

2. Will this initial release be fit for purpose being pulled by Hornby's forthcoming DB Schenker Class 60 60044 'DOWLOW' or these wagons for an earlier era?

Very much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but have a couple of questions as follows;

1. Will the single wagons have different running numbers to the triple packs, or the triple pack is just 3 single wagons highlighted bundled together?

2. Will this initial release be fit for purpose being pulled by Hornby's forthcoming DB Schenker Class 60 60044 'DOWLOW' or these wagons for an earlier era?

Very much appreciated.

Good evening classy52, no problem at all, thank you for posting on our thread.

Yes the single wagons will have different running numbers to the triple packs.

The weathered version will be just perfect for Hornby's DB liveried 60044:

23860984961_c621d2affb_c.jpg60044 Barnetby by Nigel Gibbs, on Flickr

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good evening classy52, no problem at all, thank you for posting on our thread.

Yes the single wagons will have different running numbers to the triple packs.

The weathered version will be just perfect for Hornby's DB liveried 60044:

23860984961_c621d2affb_c.jpg60044 Barnetby by Nigel Gibbs, on Flickr

Thanks, looks like yourselves & Hornby will be getting some business.

Sorry but will the TEA Grey livery go hand in hand with the weathered versions as well?

• Like 1

Resistance was pointless.... just pre-ordered 2 triple packs of the clean TEAs. I'll be very interested in seeing the weathered versions too. Just need some DRD running number transfers for the second pack ;)

Slightly confused on payment as I've left my email address but didn't get a payment request?

Cheers

Will 

15 hours ago, classy52 said:

Thanks, looks like yourselves & Hornby will be getting some business.

Sorry but will the TEA Grey livery go hand in hand with the weathered versions as well?

The Weathered version is really aimed at the post privitisation to current day period for when the tankers lost their overall grey livery and became weathered, although on some of the TEAs you can still see the Total logo amongst all the dirt and grime!

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Also how many single wagons are you doing with different running numbers?

There will only be one running number for the single wagons.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

Resistance was pointless.... just pre-ordered 2 triple packs of the clean TEAs. I'll be very interested in seeing the weathered versions too. Just need some DRD running number transfers for the second pack ;)

Slightly confused on payment as I've left my email address but didn't get a payment request?

Cheers

Will 

Hi Will, did you select scale, payment and then click pre-order? That will then add them to the basket to allow payment.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi Alex,

Sorry about that. Me being dumb and missing the basket on my phone.... customers causing trouble eh ;)

By the way I really like your new website and the new payment process was a doddle. 

cheers

Will

• Agree 1