New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

You should have asked her for her address....................

.…..............to send her a copy of the photo of course!

What would she want a photo of a four aspect signal, with theater route indicator and a shut signal attached? 

• Funny 3

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Sure will be on 2 / 3 quite a bit to get inspired, I don't know if you saw this lovely view up the Yard from P3 a couple of weeks ago when I was down. She said; Hi, sat down, hitched up her skirt, and pulled off the shoulder straps, (not that I noticed) haha.:good:

DSCF2606.JPG.e8d4f98aa69ee58476254f880c3d5d4c.JPG

:D

Looks Hot :o

• Funny 1

44 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Good updates Andy  - whereabouts on the South Coast are you relocating?

Ian

Somewhere just outside Portsmouth, either over Portsdown Hill or very near there, depending on what we find once this is Sold.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Somewhere just outside Portsmouth, either over Portsdown Hill or very near there, depending on what we find once this is Sold.

Know Gosport a bit too well from my time at HMS Sultan (33025  lol) a long story - you have the Purbecks round the corner even Swanage run Cromptons regularly - best wishes with the move.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Know Gosport a bit too well from my time at HMS Sultan (33025  lol) a long story - you have the Purbecks round the corner even Swanage run Cromptons regularly - best wishes with the move.

Ian

Don't forget the Mid Hants / Watercress Line, I was a regular there as it was only 25 minutes from Waterlooville where I lived before.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi mate,

just been catching up. Sorry to hear that you are leaving Derbyshire, but I fully understand and support your reasoning.

I wish you and Dee all the very best with the move, and hope to bump into you again soon.

Al.

• Thanks 1

As I have mentioned on 7 Mills, it was agreat day out yesterday.

My first ever experience of DCC, and I have to admit if I was starting from nothing, I could be tempted.

My impression of New Mills was that it was quite different to the RM Web pics. Of course everything was

there, the same layout. But it is somewhat smaller and more delicate in real life. A bit like fine porcelaine

compared to an ordinary kitchen mug. That backscene really belongs, and the tunnels / hillside is finely

done. Everything flows so naturally. And unusual these days, no trees, but were they missed? No.

I like your thoughts for future developments, so hope it doesn't sell, because it could become something

even more special.

DSC_3130.JPG.1f714f583c2d0d94fdc187bb350c81d1.JPG

DSC_3132.JPG.160fb8d8375b526ef6c4f644d0e3d994.JPG

Apologies for the quality (lack of) in the pics, I would have sworn I'd taken more,

but was perhaps too busy making your trains run away!

Once again thanks for a very special day out, and hope you have enjoyed your

trip to Telford today.

TONY

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Tony and Saxo, for the nice comments, I did look at an O Gauge 60 in three tone grey yesterday, but kept my wallet in my pocket. but here is the 00 version working through New Mills on a Trafford Park to Bescot Load.

IMG_9212.JPG.f56d6d564252ecba793ea9b557e416ea.JPG

• Like 12

This morning I've fitted the two Sound Chips I got re blown at DigiTrains yesterday, one for the Railfreight 47, and one for the 56.

Then after Lunch and a knap I've dressed the RES 47,  The covered Wagon in the photo is a Lima HO one as when I first moved to Burton in 2005 there was a Train about 8am each morning with 5 French Canvas Steel Wagons came up from the South and then backed across all the Main Lines into Dixies Sidings for unloading.

DSCF3220.JPG.28b27c9fdf046194520a136d2d646c9c.JPG

DSCF3221.JPG.1244af9018762731c16f6536b73b24d8.JPG

DSCF3222.JPG.3130350a0a906170fec3721625e2e722.JPG

DSCF3223.JPG.a3ffc447dae2125967149d602f28e5de.JPG

Sorry about the quality, I didn't use the Tripod, it was just hand held.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I have been away for work in a part of Queensland where electricity is not available (except by private generator).  Needless to say nobody has internet let alone an electric model railway.

I come back and not only is this layout for sale but so is TOPS.  Is it a package deal?

Good luck with all your plans.  I trust your priority is a property with a very large shed with some living space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

I have been away for work in a part of Queensland where electricity is not available (except by private generator).  Needless to say nobody has internet let alone an electric model railway.

I come back and not only is this layout for sale but so is TOPS.  Is it a package deal?

Good luck with all your plans.  I trust your priority is a property with a very large shed with some living space.

Cheers Bogie, TOPS will stay for a new owner to do what they wish with it, but alas, I have to start all over again from the ground up, not only with a Layout, but also TOPS2.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I am struggling to stay positive at the moment, and certainly not relishing the thoughts of starting to build and fit out a Shed or somewhere next year.

So I had a running / Photo / Video session this morning, so some pics etc later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 5