Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hoping someone can help, does anyone know of any 1/43 scale or near to O gauge, modernish, British military vehicles kits e.g. Spartan that are available.

This would sit nicely on the Warwell

Thanks in advance.

Tamiya do a range of 1:48 kits- they might be suitable. Airfix do some 1:43 kits as well.

Dougal

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hoping someone can help, does anyone know of any 1/43 scale or near to O gauge, modernish, British military vehicles kits e.g. Spartan that are available.

Thanks in advance.

Cararama do a Land-rover military ambulance in 1/43. Got a couple of those on mine.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks in advance.

Oxford Diecast may have something too but you may need to obtain second hand. Hattons seem to have them quite often

Paul R

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Its arrived at last, now I have to source a compressor.

image.jpg

A brilliant airbrush..... the same as I use and it gives great results.

Jim

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Jim, what compressor do you use? Wondering how much I need to budget for.

Regards

Julian.

Several threads discussing this if you have a look in the painting section.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Jim, what compressor do you use? Wondering how much I need to budget for.

Regards

Julian.

Julian

I used a Switzer compressor with a tank (MPN: A081-069) 

Jim

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julian.  I have a question about your Class 20(s).  I believe you had the sound system installed by Digitrains.  A very good choice given my difficulties.  I have been documenting my tribulations here:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/4546-Heljan-7mm-class-20/

My question is whether the fan works.  Paul C has been kind enough to respond to most of my posts and he says that the fan needs some sort of circuit to operate.  If your fan is working, I reckon that Digitrains must have performed some kind of magic and will contact them.  If not, I am not all that bothered, it is not a critical function after all.

John

Hi John,

Hope all is well with you. Apologies for late reply honest answer I dont know I have never had them on, after breakfast I will fire them up and check.

I have not done much recently on the layout, been really busy at work during the day and goosed on a night!

Need to pull my finger out and get my mojo back asap.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Ah thanks.  I will stand by for your answer re: the fan.

I too have been plagued by lack of mojo but it seems to be returning.  I picked up the 20 to work on it for the first time in weeks.  Everything bar the fan now works.

I am hopeful that things will turn around.  I had two friends round yesterday and we had a great time shunting trains.  Not a single derailment and everything works, really chuffed.   A video even came out of it. 

I coined a name for our little group - Montreal British 0 Gauge Society or MBOGS.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 2

Ha ha.  That's the good life isn't it?

Yes, curious as to whether your Cl20 fan works.  We both have the same setup and it apparently isn't straightforward.  I just heard from Paul Chetter that he has something in the works.

John

Edited by brossard

4 hours ago, brossard said:

Ha ha.  That's the good life isn't it?

Yes, curious as to whether your Cl20 fan works.  We both have the same setup and it apparently isn't straightforward.  I just heard from Paul Chetter that he has something in the works.

John

Hi John,

Apologies again but just tried fan and it worked on Function 22.

Relieved myself now.

Regards

Julian.