Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

On 13/07/2021 at 17:25, Baggies1961 said:

I must stop answering the door when DPD call.

Chap thrust this into my arms ( well placed it on the doorstep):o.

Was a tad disappointed Heljan have boo booed on 50036 and not produced enough and will have to wait till January 22 now.

So as a comfort Roger at Tower supplied Ramilies…. How kind.

image.jpg

just noted the red buffer beam. Ramillies never had red bufferbeams, they should be black!

An unusual and rare find on the tinterweb from a shop a couple of Heljan OAA’s.

Thought they were to good to miss so snapped them up.

They will of course be weathered in time. In the absence of rtr modern stock these will do for the time being. 

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Spoke to Roger at Tower late this afternoon, the Dapol 122’s when they arrive hopefully the 24 th July are all going to be checked individually due to them being in a container for so long and the temperatures they may have been put through might have affected various parts on them.

• Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Spoke to Roger at Tower late this afternoon, the Dapol 122’s when they arrive hopefully the 24 th July are all going to be checked individually due to them being in a container for so long and the temperatures they may have been put through might have affected various parts on them.

Checked by Tower or by Dapol?

Paul R

2 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Ah Im presuming Dapol Paul as it will obviously add to the delay, especially if faults are found.

I guess it very much depends on where in the ship the container was. Hopefully on the inside away from the glare of the sun. 

If they are significantly damaged then I predict a shortfall and a number of unfulfilled orders!

Paul R

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

An unusual and rare find on the tinterweb from a shop a couple of Heljan OAA’s.

Thought they were to good to miss so snapped them up.

They will of course be weathered in time. In the absence of rtr modern stock these will do for the time being. 

image.jpg

agreed, they are nice wagons. Will go nice with your cargowaggons and some HEA and VEA’s. However you will need a longer layout

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Yes thats my fear as no more will be produced until they know the potential damage.

My passengers are complaining about the delay having stood on the platform for months!!

you can get lots of them in an OAA

• Funny 3

14 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Yes thats my fear as no more will be produced until they know the potential damage.

My passengers are complaining about the delay having stood on the platform for months!!

You could always give them a ride in the DPU!

Paul R

• Funny 1

Does any of you fine fellows and ladies know of any departmental yellow flash transfers on the market 7mm of course.

I saw them on class 20,s, 31’s & 50’s they were located just below cab side windows.

Cant seem to find them on railtecs site.

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Does any of you fine fellows and ladies know of any departmental yellow flash transfers on the market 7mm of course.

I saw them on class 20,s, 31’s & 50’s they were located just below cab side windows.

Cant seem to find them on railtecs site.

Many thanks.

Might be worth dropping him a line. I am sure he did a pack not so long back, but I can't find it either. He has definitely done them as I've got a set on 26024, but at that time he didn't do a pack.

Edited as I remembered how to find them, search 'DCE'. https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3985

Edited by D6775
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Al, much appreciated.

On another matter great to see a tractor on the Hull-Bridlington line today I saw 37403 light engine, cross Wansford Road level crossing in the town and yesterday from the car and across the fields near Arram another large logo 37 ( may well have been 403).  Any loco on this line is sadly a rare event nowadays.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D6775 said:

Might be worth dropping him a line. I am sure he did a pack not so long back, but I can't find it either. He has definitely done them as I've got a set on 26024, but at that time he didn't do a pack.

Edited as I remembered how to find them, search 'DCE'. https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3985

Hi Al,

Flashes ordered, thanks for link.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...