Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

9 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Brilliant I note some 31/4 certainly 31434 had them, that would be great ty. Let me know what I owe you :good_mini:thanks very much.

They'll be free - message me with a postal address and I'll send them ASAP. 

• Like 1

No need to as she is now my ex….I wonder if coming to the dark side made her mind up??:D

I still live with her and do receive rather discourteous looks still when large parcels arrive, on such a frequent basis the DPD driver is almost a member of the family with his own key!!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

13 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

There is giddiness and excitement amongst the passengers as word has it the 122’s have arrived at Tower. Awaiting the phone call from them….

Although they're so far down my wants list I will probably never get one; I hope these will be really good, reliable models. I think they might be as big a boost to 7mm converts as the Dapol 08 and that GWR steam loco thingy.... 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, woodyfox said:

Although they're so far down my wants list I will probably never get one; I hope these will be really good, reliable models.

I want a 121 which I presume will be largely the same and fortunately the pre-order gang have already gone over the top and are testing them for us :)

I see some have sold out before release which I think is a worrying trend from a consumer perspective. I accept that I am picky but I am reluctant to buy unseen even from a manufacturer I generally like.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, woodyfox said:

An Easybuild one will be a straightforward build and you can detail it to your specs.. 

Quality kits too. 

Etches arrived this morning, many thanks once again.

Im presuming the old windows require cutting out? Excuse the daft question.

6 hours ago, 47606odin said:

shave the frame moulding and stick on

Yep, as here. I would offer up and then use fine files and small sanding blocks (400 grit) to remove the original frame with constant checking for a fit. I always work against an image too. Good luck with it - pleased they are what you wanted. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, woodyfox said:

Yep, as here. I would offer up and then use fine files and small sanding blocks (400 grit) to remove the original frame with constant checking for a fit. I always work against an image too. Good luck with it - pleased they are what you wanted. 

Cheers 

not sure about constant checking for fit, isn’t it just mounted on the front? Just remove the moulded window rubber flat and stick it on

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

web site says be patient….

It's been updated since then...

We have ploughed through all of the advance orders for the Blue, Blue Grey and Regional Railways examples of the standard model and are now on with both Green liveries

41 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

not sure about constant checking for fit, isn’t it just mounted on the front? Just remove the moulded window rubber flat and stick it on

There is an inner ridge on the etch i believe that sits within the opening. The frame will have to fit inside this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Has anyone dealt with Shawplan recently? Iv contacted Brian for some name plates but have had no response to my emails as yet. Hope all is well of course.

Theres a whole thread on this under small suppliers.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1