Agecroft Power Station

ColinK

• RMweb Premium

Hi, I've got another cine film back from digitising and it includes shots taken at an open day at Agecroft Power Station.  Steam locos are in use carrying passengers in the replica 4 wheel coaches built, I think for Rocket or the Liverpool Road Museum.  I think it was the very last day steam was used at the power station. I've got a date of 8th April, but was it 1981 or 1982.

PS yes I'll post the video when I've finshed editing it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Hi, I've got another cine film back from digitising and it includes shots taken at an open day at Agecroft Power Station.  Steam locos are in use carrying passengers in the replica 4 wheel coaches built, I think for Rocket or the Liverpool Road Museum.  I think it was the very last day steam was used at the power station. I've got a date of 8th April, but was it 1981 or 1982.

PS yes I'll post the video when I've finshed editing it. 

The carriages are the ones at MOSI in Manchester. Built on wagon chassis ISTR.

They went on loan to Agecroft for the open day then were later joined by Agecroft No3 at Liverpool Road.

http://www.cs.rhrp.org.uk/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=3859

http://www.cs.rhrp.org.uk/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=3858

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

So it was 12th September 1981.

There are some other gems on the film, 50s at Paddington, last Deltic run by BR, Charles & Di wedding day (went gricing), Lion in the snow and a TransPennine dmu at Brightside.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Colin! Thanks for the Dinting footage (22:50) as I have fond memories of getting brake van rides on the triangular platform in the 70s/80s. Now if only Bachmann would release their Webb Tank in the LNWR lined livery that it wore back then and Hattons would also release their Barclay tank as Tiny then I could imagine that I was still a small child (as opposed to a large one)  .....

• Thanks 1