New Hornby Rocket

CF MRC

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I have just checked after reading the above post and they are available again! This is becoming a rather sick game. 

23 minutes ago, Coppercap said:

Just looked again, Hornby website says out of stock again...

As others have said there is a perfectly logical explanation - i.e. people who have previously ordered from Hornby whose cards cannot be processed and who have not responded to Hornbys requests to get in touch.

As orders get cancelled by Hornby stock is thus released to sell on their website - accounting for the 'dribs and drabs' way in which they are coming back in stock then going out of stock again within hours.

Exactly the same would have happened with 'Captain Tom' back in the Summer had Hornby not also let people to sign up on a '2nd chance' list that meant the stock from any cancelled sales did not need to be advertised.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 02/12/2020 at 12:12, Colin_McLeod said:

DPD delivered my two, direct from Hornby, here in Ireland yesterday. They arrived during the promised time slot.

Lovely little coaches they are, but would not fancy travelling from Liverpool to Manchester in them in the rain!

Same here Colin, Man Alive we nearly mirror purchases it seems! Frightening!

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 20:12, Roy Langridge said:

I would love to see the likes of Hornby take a stand against retailers that are blatantly hiking prices as, ultimately, the consumer suffers and so, longer-term. will the manufacturer.

I feel for those who will not get their pre-order, yet see a retailer doing this.

And as for me, I vetoed Olivia's many moons ago after a bad experience and this just reinforces my reasoning for that decision.

Roy

Nah, it makes up for all the other stuff that people (steam fans usually) refuse to touch "until the price drops". And then still want it for less when it does drop.

You win some you lose some, and buyers have had plenty of bargains, sometimes, occasionally, the boot's on the other foot and you have to pay a bit extra.

Got plenty of these, job lot of 20 for £600, save me posting all the little bleeders separately.

All for a good cause too.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Pete47401 said:

Got plenty of these, job lot of 20 for £600, save me posting all the little bleeders separately.

All for a good cause too.

I wonder who's good cause ?

The LMS only built 3 of them in 1930.

He must have a very strong rocket to pull 20...

What will he do with the other 17 I wonder ? 

Edited by adb968008

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 09:38, adb968008 said:

I wonder who's good cause ?

The LMS only built 3 of them in 1930.

He must have a very strong rocket to pull 20...

What will he do with the other 17 I wonder ? 

My good cause!

Yeah, if people can afford £17 for a little piece of blue plastic they can afford £27 for it... only the sort of price which they were probably quite happy to pay for Rails aborted version a few months ago.

I might knock them out at £90 for a set of 3.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Pete47401 said:

My good cause!

Yeah, if people can afford £17 for a little piece of blue plastic they can afford £27 for it...

Or just get them from Hornby.com at the original price or the retailers who will have plenty more stock soon.

:huh:

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 16/11/2020 at 21:16, Chrisr40 said:

delivery is currently planned to be split into two batches, a first batch due before the end of November, and a second remainder batch due during 2021 - however this second batch does not have a more firm arrival date at the time of writing

That’s all the shops know at present. 

• RMweb Gold

2 hours ago, Tiddles47 said:

Does anyone know when retailers are getting their allocation, as the Hornby website is going from selling to sold out and back to selling? Its getting silly. 

Our full allocation arrived just this morning :-) 

HTH

• Like 10

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Hereford Model Centre have 20 listed today. Not sure if stock is an issue anymore but I couldn't see many places with them in stock online so thought I'd share.

http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=369_370_376_381_384&products_id=14202

It just gets worse for Pete47401.....  

I wonder how the 3 for £90 bundle 'deal' is going.  Still, always eBay.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

It just gets worse for Pete47401.....  

I wonder how the 3 for £90 bundle 'deal' is going.  Still, always eBay.

I wonder if the 130 odd sold to Olivias will cancel or return, then pick up a cheaper one elsewhere ?

ebay has generous returns policies, regardless what the seller says.

Edited by adb968008

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

I wonder if the 130 odd sold to Olivias will cancel or return, then pick up a cheaper one elsewhere ?

ebay has generous returns policies, regardless what the seller says.

If being sold condition "new" don't distance selling rules apply anyway?

On 03/12/2020 at 19:23, amwells said:

This isn’t just an issue for this coach. Tried to get the Beatles Eurostar extra coaches and it seems most retailers were sent short - some quite vocal about the situation given I was an unknown customer!

Beatles Eurostar i was hoovering weather to get this or not as I have the  Corgi beatles range. But decided no to let someone else who wanted it have it .  I already own two Hornby Eurostar's one 2013 livery train pack and divisible coaches both new products in the Hatton's sale from 2014 which I bought between then and 2016 it came to about £94 for the train pack and £39 for the divisible coaches. The original livery train set which I bought from Rail's their last one in their sale from about 3 or 4 years ago which they had also new. But if it's reintroduced again in the future I might buy one then.:D

• RMweb Gold

Its suddenly cut throat on ebay...
The bottoms fallen out, they’ll be at rrp or less quite soon.

seems that prospectors didnt strike oil, but a water fountain.

Noticeably its the retailers, not privateers selling their stock, which might be a clue as to who the speculators were.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Its suddenly cut throat on ebay...
The bottoms fallen out, they’ll be at rrp or less quite soon.

seems that prospectors didnt strike oil, but a water fountain.

Noticeably its the retailers, not privateers selling their stock, which might be a clue as to who the speculators were.

Wait till next year when playstation 5s are back in store for some real carpet bagger tears. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/11/2020 at 20:02, adb968008 said:

At least they are admitting it.

I’m not sure a number of other retailers might be doing the same, on this and a few other items.
Whether that’s for profit, or protection from uncertain supplies is to be seen... but retailers holding stock back is a sure way to create a bubble, extra tied up cash, that could turn to a Black Swan, maybe by accident or perhaps by design.

8 minutes ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

And I believe there was an earlier comment in the thread about whether Hornby had made enough

See above quote from 2 weeks back.

R40141’s are suddenly everywhere.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

My local model shop has been in touch to say my pre order blue coaches have arrived RRP £29.99 each they claim!

Mike Wiltshire

I’d show them this or take your order elsewhere 

C389A054-91C6-4AC7-9073-336727CA7B7B.jpeg.81a5fcb6082a34d7c6d0225e16324a32.jpeg
Sadly not the first time a shop has joined in the eBay price hikes with the rocket items rather than putting them on sale at the real rrp.