Wanting to know more about the Trains from Wallace and Gromit "The wrong Trousers"

Hello! I've been wanting to know more about the trains from The Original short from "Wallace and Gromit"--- "The wrong Trousers" were the Body shells of the Models Scratch Built or can I get them from 2nd hand sites or new I assume as Toys? I'm fully aware the Chassis's Of the Trains were reused Hornby 0-4-0 Tank Engines, like the track and signal that was used on set.

Edited by Max's Model Railway
Less Confusing

The locos were scratch-build bodies to go on the Hornby loco chassis (chopped down), and probably with the motor removed to allow for stop-motion animation, while the wagons use Hornby metal (pinpoint-axle, you can still see the pinpoints!) 8-spoke wagon wheels, running in brass tubes on a scratchbuilt chassis. I assume the coaches were made in a mould, given how many they would have needed alike. The track is standard Hornby with sleepers removed and respaced.

Edited by Skinnylinny

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Very impressive track laying! :D

It is. I never realised just how many pieces of track could fit in just one box either - AND Grommit came to the curved piecs just in time to turn before the wall..!! Remarkable!! :jester:

A good bit of fun, though. ;)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

It is. I never realised just how many pieces of track could fit in just one box either - AND Grommit came to the curved piecs just in time to turn before the wall..!! Remarkable!! :jester:

A good bit of fun, though. ;)

There may be a 'How to' publication? Model Railways for Dogs? ;)

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

There may be a 'How to' publication? Model Railways for Dogs? ;)

Or a Peco 'Shows You How'. Number 99 I guess, the highest number so far is 30 I think.

• Like 2

No idea to be honest. They are put away somewhere, but the loco and coaches are about three inches long and about an inch wide with the character on top.

They are more like the plastic you get with McDonalds toys. They fit on top of the bottle lid so they were detachable and you could put them on a shelf. Which is what I did with them.

I got mine for about a pound each in a supermarket. You should find them on eBay. I don't think they are particularly rare.

Jason

• Like 1