Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

Looking great as always, never tire of looking at your layout. Something to aspire to!

Have always meant to ask you what signals have you used?

Hope to see you Saturday, two layouts running, weather should be brilliant compared to last year!  :sungum:

Speak to you soon,

Glenn

Hi Peter,

Looking great as always, never tire of looking at your layout. Something to aspire to!

Have always meant to ask you what signals have you used?

Hope to see you Saturday, two layouts running, weather should be brilliant compared to last year!  :sungum:

Speak to you soon,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Should be 4 of us coming up Saturday, looking forwards to seeing what you have been up too. PM me your new address or is it in the new members list?

See you Saturday, Cheers Peter.

Nice Peter, as always. Even a ScotRail Mk 1 too!

You need a nice shiny ex-works ScotRail 47 on one of your test runs. I've seen a few photos of them on test along the North Wales coast.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave, 

I do have a couple of Scotrail branded coaches, they did escape from Scotland  now and then.

A Scotrail class 47 on test. I might be able to help you out there.

Cheers Peter. 

Every time  I see this (which is often, cos Im nosey) I think how good Peco track looks when treated right :)

Thanks Micky,

Some bits look better than others, but I am often asked if it's code 75.

Cheers Peter.

As usual the photos are excellent. Like Mickey I always look to see what is happening Down under at Llanbourne.

Thanks Alan,

Work has stopped on the layout at the moment though. Mainly because I have been playing. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Nice Peak pics Peter.......I have a cunning plans for 7mm peaks too  :locomotive:

Phill :)

You have my full attention. Do tell. The only 7 mm Peak that looks any good is the JLTRT model and they an't cheap.

Cheers Peter.

Superb Peter, loving the Railfreight Tractor and Crompton. You really need to get some video sorted out for us to enjoy!

Great idea Dave, I think this is what you have in mind:

7646191230_a07262827c.jpg47701  Llandudno Jct. 19-3-1986 by merf292002, on Flickr

14324066513_d9473a6d60.jpg47706 33022 by DBS 60100, on Flickr

Come on Peter, you know you want to! I quite fancy one myself, cannot really justify it but hey!

• Like 4

Superb Peter, loving the Railfreight Tractor and Crompton. You really need to get some video sorted out for us to enjoy!

Great idea Dave, I think this is what you have in mind:

7646191230_a07262827c.jpg47701  Llandudno Jct. 19-3-1986 by merf292002, on Flickr

14324066513_d9473a6d60.jpg47706 33022 by DBS 60100, on Flickr

Come on Peter, you know you want to! I quite fancy one myself, cannot really justify it but hey!

That's exactly what I had in mind, Alex!

• Like 1

Realy like your samphore signals!!

Are they Ratio??

Hi Mate, They are Ratio kits. I can't remember the part number but you can build a few from it. Some I did as per instructions others I changed to suit my needs. I am not totally sure if I have done done them correctly but they look ok. They need handrails and could do with some finer MSE arms.

Cheers Peter.

I chased the one with 47701 Saint Andrew to Bangor after it passed me at Conway. For those interested the other loco was 33035. The train worked back as the 14.17 Bangor-Cardiff, a 'regular' for running-in turns at that time seeing as Crewe Works was busy doing refurbishment work on various classes.

Hi Larry,

Hope you are well. I think it must be your picture I have seen in a book off the train passing Conway Castle.

Cheers Peter.

Hi DirtyDiesel, it is a great photo. Hadn’t realised it was taken by Merf of RMWeb!
Nice location to have your butties!

Hi Dave, we just need to get Peter to get that 47/7 working at Llanbourne!

Hi Peter, I have been looking at his superb collection of photos. Found a photo of a class 25 being rerailed at a Toton open day, superb!
I was a bit confused about that too!

Nice to see some chopper action at Llanbourne. I always liked the mix of a Blue and a Railfreight pairing. Looking forward to seeing the ScotRail 47!

Hi DirtyDiesel, it is a great photo. Hadn’t realised it was taken by Merf of RMWeb!

Nice location to have your butties!

Hi Dave, we just need to get Peter to get that 47/7 working at Llanbourne!

Hi Peter, I have been looking at his superb collection of photos. Found a photo of a class 25 being rerailed at a Toton open day, superb!

I was a bit confused about that too!

Nice to see some chopper action at Llanbourne. I always liked the mix of a Blue and a Railfreight pairing. Looking forward to seeing the ScotRail 47!

Hi Alex,

What year was the open day? I remember seeing a withdrawn on 25032 I think it was. About 1986-7 They may have had an old class 25 for re-railing excercise.

Anyway here is a Shove Duff with 33010. I wasn't going to get one of these loco's as they were a bit pricey. Anyway a mate got hold of this one for $100.00 and was going to paint it blue. I said it would be a shame to repaint it, and long story short it's now mine. I will do some work on the loco at some point it hasn't even got a decoder in it yet.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-77645800-1418459335_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-01651100-1418459368_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-64900800-1418459412_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Anyway a mate got hold of this one for $100.00 and was going to paint it blue.

What, paint it blue? .... Paint it blue???!! ... Sacrilege!!!!

Nice Peter. Very nice indeed. That 33 and the 47 make a strange combination in some ways, and yet it looks very right. 

I have some Bachmann 47s waiting in the wings for weathering. Santa is bringing me a couple of decoders for them this year, so I'm hoping to crack on with them in the New Year. The first two I'm thinking of are 47710 and 47541 The Queen Mother.

Looking forward to seeing that 47 once you've done some work on it. It looks good right now though anyway.

Cheers

Dave 

What, paint it blue? .... Paint it blue???!! ... Sacrilege!!!!

Nice Peter. Very nice indeed. That 33 and the 47 make a strange combination in some ways, and yet it looks very right. 

I have some Bachmann 47s waiting in the wings for weathering. Santa is bringing me a couple of decoders for them this year, so I'm hoping to crack on with them in the New Year. The first two I'm thinking of are 47710 and 47541 The Queen Mother.

Looking forward to seeing that 47 once you've done some work on it. It looks good right now though anyway.

Cheers

Dave 

Hi Dave,

I know, when he told me he was going to paint it blue I just had to save it. It's such a nice livery and Bachmann have done a great job on it. What Livery are you going to do 47541 I remember seeing it at Haymarket in Large Logo.

My class 47/7 will be a while as I have a few things on the go at the moment. Plus in front of that class 47 is a Large logo and a Railfreight liv loco. Currently on the workbench 20x2 40122 56070 a 150 and some MGRs.

Cheers Peter.

Superb Peter, Dave is right the combo is strange but works really well. It certainly looks right at home at Llanbourne. Great photos.

All this talk of Scottish 47s is distracting me, I need to remain focused on Railfreight power and in particular Type 5 traction.........

Thanks Alex, I am still getting tempted with a class 58 myself. I am sure the odd Scottish class 47 made it to Toton. 

Cheers Peter.