Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

I look forward to seeing her weathered.

Would it be 20104?

7986819421_0e15f17d09.jpgFrodingham Depot. by Valiantoz, on Flickr

4994862073_7f69a3466a.jpg24/06/1992 - Melton Ross. by 53A Models, on Flickr

Lovely! I plan to model this one with ploughs, oh and a few others!

Some cracking photos on this Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84777395@N08/sets/72157637926467634/

Lots of 20s with ploughs!

I have to confess that after all this talk of 58s, two are on their way to Boxenby!....Merry Christmas!

Thats the one Alex,

I remember seeing it on shed it was blocked in by a class 37 so my pic isn't very good. the ones you found are superb definitely a loco worth modelling. I am sure a few more class 58s on Boxenby will look just fine you will have to balance it out with something in blue. Is there a loco you are short of? blue 37s or 47s don't recall seeing any recently.

Merry Christmas.

All the best Peter.

• Like 1

Ooh nice pics Peter, love the blue 40, thanks for putting them on here,

Happy modelling

Craig

No worries, thought you might like them. My mate has a great layout and it's always nice to watch a few trains go round.

Merry Christmas.

All the best Peter. 

Hi Cav and Andy,

Be nice to see 20104 modelled in N and 00. Something to do in the New year boys.

Merry Christmas.

All the best Peter.

Provided I can pick up a pair without needing a mortgage! Edited by RBE

Indeed Class 20s are a popular loco and used examples hold their price  :scratchhead:

Yes I'm finding it difficult picking up a blue one to go with my redstripe one!!!

Lovely brakevan Peter,

I've got a few CAR vans, I've fitted one with interior lights using the ESU pick-ups and I'm having an experiment with some fibre optic to fit tail lamps switched through a decoder!!! Just another one in the queue on the WB.

All the best Peter, you and yours have a good one

Jinty ;-)

Provided I can pick up a pair without needing a mortgage!

I take it that the N gauge models are a bit expensive then. Are they a good model though? You will need at least one pair for Millers Dale.

Cheers Peter.

I have the Hornby brakevan as Bachmann had sold out. Doesn't look there is much between them TBO. 

I would say the new Hornby van is a bit better than the older Bachmann model, as it comes with some of the detail missed off the Bachmann model.

Cheers Peter.

Yes I'm finding it difficult picking up a blue one to go with my redstripe one!!!

Lovely brakevan Peter,

I've got a few CAR vans, I've fitted one with interior lights using the ESU pick-ups and I'm having an experiment with some fibre optic to fit tail lamps switched through a decoder!!! Just another one in the queue on the WB.

All the best Peter, you and yours have a good one

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty, I wouldn't mind putting some working tail lamps on some of my wagons I will be interested in seeing how you go. 

I didn't think finding a blue class 20 would be to hard I am sure one will turn up eventually.

All the best to you and your Family too.

Cheers Peter.

Sounds like quite a few people will be modelling 20104 in 2015! It is a nice machine.....

As you say there are some lovely 20s there which would make great models, some really battered ones too! 20s so look rather nice with snow ploughs.

I am seriously short of most classes to be honest. Whilst I would like to have a couple of 37/0s in BR Blue (I do have split box 37049) and one each in Original Railfreight and Coal Sector. Then two or three 31s, Blue and Original Railfreight and Red Stripe Railfreight. 47s, two or three 47/0s or 47/3s with BR blue and Original Railfreight and May be a Large Logo one as well. And with the exception of some 08s the rest will be 20s, 56s and 58s. Luckily the layout is quite a way off being finished so I can save up!

Might still be saving for the whole fleet when I retire though!

Merry Christmas Peter!

Happy Christmas Peter.

Hope you have a good one.

Ps Dave, I've been working on a few vans for flask workings, I've used a couple of Bachmann vans but Hornbys railfreight van is a good one as has roller bearing axle boxes and air pipes and is also a lot cheaper now too.

All the best

Mark

Sounds like quite a few people will be modelling 20104 in 2015! It is a nice machine.....

As you say there are some lovely 20s there which would make great models, some really battered ones too! 20s so look rather nice with snow ploughs.

I am seriously short of most classes to be honest. Whilst I would like to have a couple of 37/0s in BR Blue (I do have split box 37049) and one each in Original Railfreight and Coal Sector. Then two or three 31s, Blue and Original Railfreight and Red Stripe Railfreight. 47s, two or three 47/0s or 47/3s with BR blue and Original Railfreight and May be a Large Logo one as well. And with the exception of some 08s the rest will be 20s, 56s and 58s. Luckily the layout is quite a way off being finished so I can save up!

Might still be saving for the whole fleet when I retire though!

Merry Christmas Peter!

Merry Christmas Alex,

I think most loco's look good with ploughs we just have to be careful not to model too many loco's with them as more loco's ran without them. My 20121 & 20169 were inspired by my visit to Barnetby back in the 90s I took a few pics of each loco and decided there and then that one day I would model them.

It looks like you have a few loco's that you need to get. I am actually at the point where I don't need too many more which is good considering the prices are going up.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Just a quick note to wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.

I look forward to watching Llanbourne and rolling stock develop in 2015.

Season's Greetings,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

I do have plenty of loco's that still need to visit the workbench but I am hoping to get in the mood for doing some much needed buildings next year.

Cheers Peter.

Happy Christmas Peter.

Hope you have a good one.

Ps Dave, I've been working on a few vans for flask workings, I've used a couple of Bachmann vans but Hornbys railfreight van is a good one as has roller bearing axle boxes and air pipes and is also a lot cheaper now too.

All the best

Mark

Merry Christmas to you Mark, all the best to you and your Family. 

Cheers Peter.

Merry Christmas Pete, and a Happy New Year.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks Mate, Merry Christmas to you and you Family. 

Looking forwards to your updates on Leaford during next year.

Cheers Peter.

31403 waits to leave on a van train for Holyhead while the class 20s wait to leave on a ballast for Carnforth. After working ECS duties for a few days due to the shortage of a 350 25059  is waiting to leave the yard with a flask train for the Branch.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-84590700-1419665300_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-12822000-1419665330_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-77120400-1419665357_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-01334900-1419665391_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-27933600-1419665429_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-89274200-1419665459_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Hi Peter

A belated Merry Christmas... not my favourite time of year. However it's now the 27th so it's time to emerge from under the bed clothes :)

Great photos - once again, especially the two of the Class 25 waiting to depart with the flask. They give good views, in both directions, along the back of the layout. With a lot of stock at Llanbourne the layout looks genuinely busy but never crowded.

Regards

Alan