Class 26

HealeyMills

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 40-something

Hi Folks

I saw the painted samples at the Perth show on sat/sun. Lovely lovely model, complete with seperate brass radiator grille. The dark voices of a Scottish BLT in N are calling louder and louder...

HI All

It might just be the plastic samples they had to decorate, but the door windows were all plated over in the early 70s.

But overall very nice having been for cab runs in most of the class from Thorton yd.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Gold

I agree looks great (especially the BR Blue)

At the risk of sounding boring...

AGREED...seems to capture '26' very nicely...best dust down my micro scottish layout...

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A bit of a hasty judgement based on one web photo. - I prefer to wait to see the real thing before passing judgement.

If you're modelling Scotland in the 80s then Dapol's 26 has to be a better option than a Farish 33 with a nose job ;)

Those cab side windows look very small compared to the real thing.

It looks like the silver surround has been added to the glazed part whereas it should be around the window opening. I can see why they've done this as they want to accommodate the earlier drop window too, but they could have simply printed the silver surround on the body with just the silver diagonal on the glazing; it should be possible to improve. Incidentally, Class 26s don't have rubber beading round their side windows, though the bodily similar, but later, class 27s and 33s do.

Hi

Pleased that the good Friar posted the picture. I think Dapol have done an outstanding job looking at the grilles, that is very well done even the interior chassis captures the look(if you look at the bottom of the grilles)......brilliant windows, look fine to me and you can see clearly see in both photos that their are no windows on the doors, so Im not sure what the issue is.

Yes. they have captured this very well in my opinion and I shall order the rails set and a blue.

Well done Dapol.

Martin

• RMweb Gold

Did anyone get hold of a blue one at TINGS?

Would love to see a few more close up fotos / quick feedback as getting impatient waiting for Hattons to get their preorders!

Thanks in advance...

Did anyone get hold of a blue one at TINGS?

Would love to see a few more close up fotos / quick feedback as getting impatient waiting for Hattons to get their preorders!

Thanks in advance...

Here you go Pete some photos of the lovelly new 26 (with some added detail):

post-3594-0-85051900-1315841536.jpg

post-3594-0-79871500-1315840303.jpg

(bar across battery box and speedo cable are not on production model)

post-3594-0-66854200-1315840324.jpg

It is a great model with a real finesse of moulding that I have rarely seen in this scale.

M

Edited by mercig studios
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Here you go Pete some photos of the lovelly new 26

You took the bait Ian :good:

Many thanks...that looks very tasty indeed and you have done another great job on it.

Did 26's ever stray down as far as Cornwall...otherwise I need to dust down my boxfile... :D