Class 26

HealeyMills

Hi Roy, tested replacement model left for you today. Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Fantastic!

Many thanks for your personal involvement in getting the matter sorted out for me, .

Reading the rave reviews here and elsewhere from those who have them (and already knowing just how good it is) I am jealously and impatiently waiting for it to arrive;)

Cheers

Roy

Hi Dave

Fantastic!

Many thanks for your personal involvement in getting the matter sorted out for me, .

Reading the rave reviews here and elsewhere from those who have them (and already knowing just how good it is) I am jealously and impatiently waiting for it to arrive;)

Cheers

Roy

Well my new 26 arrived today (with many thanks to Dave Jones of Dapol).

It looks and runs just as sweetly as the first, and the lights work perfectly:-)

Attached is a pic of it on a northbound passenger turn, passing Whitrope Siding signal box.

Roy

post-4469-0-35960800-1321899829_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have slagged off Dapol locos plenty in the past (justifiably, because 5 were purchased and 5 were returned because of significant QC issues), but the 26 was such a brilliant looking model I decided (once again) to try a Dapol. I just received my green 26 this morning and the quality seems as good as anything I've bought from Farish recently in terms of fit and finish and I absolutely cannot fault the running (at least not yet).

I regret I will remain circumspect of Dapol locos but I am certainly happy to praise the 26.

Matt

Has anyone fully detailed one end of the class 26 using the provided bag of bits and bobs.

If so can you advise if this is possible without some sort of modification to the front coupling pocket. Looks like to me the pocket needs maybe 1mm shaved off it in order not to foul at least the coupling hook which will more or less hang vertically. I can imagine the pipes might be OK given they will bend away from the pocket but just wondered if anyone has done this yet succesfully.

thanks

MHB

MHB

I think you are probably right - one of the first things that struck me as I was running mine in and after I had taken out one of the couplers was that box still looked pretty ugly.

I will probably look at taking off some of the pocket.

Cheers, Mike

I did think along the same lines too Mike, but I'm thinking that once the pipework is in place then then it ought to become less prominent. I know I've thought the same with other models but after I've fitted the pipework then its sort of merged in.

Not sure how much I want to hack the pocket really, but I think that'll be the route I go too.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
Does anyone know where I can get some suitable snow ploughs for it. Cheers.

Dapol do a set of spares which include plastic ploughs and pipes (check their website for details) and also TPM do some rather nice etched ones.

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps the one they produced never had Ploughs as I believe it is the earlier version of the 26.

Best to try and get a photo of it when in service to check or find one with ploughs and renumber it.

• 2 weeks later...

just shows you what a good model that is for N

said it before as well, but great looking layout, in particular the trackwork.

I agree, the locos look fantastic for the treatment they have been given (And they are excellent models to start with!)

As for the layout the attention to detail is stunning, eveything so neatly and crisply modelled, and the track weathering is absolutely spot on.

For me, modelling to this standard is something to aspire to.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

What spares would you want? Replacement buffers and windscreen wipers are available from the likes of TPM.

If you're talking about needing spares to repair mechanical faults then try contacting Dapol (or your local model shop). Dapol Dave swapped the chassis on my 26 with a working one and has done the same on a friends 9F. Neither model has had a problem since.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• Like 1

I am a bit confused as to what the first release was now! Am I right in understanding that so far, nothing has been done representing the later locos? Of the first batch only 26015 went to Inverness, and it was modelled in later condition than that... Are we to expect any more releases of this loco please, and will they represent locos at at INV in the 70s, surely one of their most favoured guises?

Sad to hear that poor PCB soldering is still common. I have two 67s with faulty lights, (one is a replacement for an original which shorted totally and wouldn't run any more), a dummy HST trailer which flashes its' headlight, and would be disappointed to wind up with a 26 that does the same!

Compared to the PCB on my Farish '24', the soldering on Dapol's circuit boards is far less consistent.

• 1 month later...

I am converting this great little model to dcc sound and wondered if anyone could confirm if the LED resistors are on the pcb or under the cabs. I haven"t risked applying any power to them yet so a heads-up would be useful?

• 1 month later...

I found an announcement for 2 class 26 loco's on a retailers website, nd145f 26026 br blue with ploughs and nd145h d53xx br green, which has now been removed from the site.

Joel announced on facebook that new class 26's should be with retailers now and i found a green (nd145h) one on ebay.

so, a couple of questions...

1. Are these two loco's available to purchase?

2. What is nd145g?

3. Are any photo's available?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by scruff

Hi Mark,

Sorry I cannot give you numbers as I'm at home with man flu, but..........

The BR blue 26 is a disc head code version, and the BR green does not have any yellow warning panel but is also a disc head code version.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Mark,

Sorry I cannot give you numbers as I'm at home with man flu, but..........

The BR blue 26 is a disc head code version, and the BR green does not have any yellow warning panel but is also a disc head code version.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave;

The fever must be getting to you....

All Class 26 locos are disc headcode version!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

No they're not - they were removed later in life and some models represent that and don't feature holes in the body to accommodate the discs.

Thanks Woodenhead for your pointed and succint input.....

I'm well aware of the modifications applied to the Class 26 later in life and the newly modelled BR Blue version iis perhaps better described as provided with headcode discs. I wouldn't expect the BR Green (without yellow panels) to come any other way.

Perhaps Dave's grammar is slightly affected by his fever!!

Oh yes...might need a smiley here!!! :senile:

Later;

STU from EGDL