14 hours ago, great northern said:

Poll was won by Abingdon, with 3 votes. Let's try single track branches around Gloucester and the Forest of Dean, not just termini, those lovely cross country branches as well.

Are we still on a GWR theme? If so the Drybrook branch in the Forest. Pannier tanks with Berry Higgins tank wagons. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Poll won by Ross -Monmouth with 2 votes, but few were cast again. I'm not comfortable with these foreign parts, so we will return to more familiar ground. If anyone has areas they feel could be included though, let me know, and,perhaps with a bit of help, I'll use them.

So today we return to the area between the ECML and the Waverley route, the southern boundary being the Newcastle to Carlisle line. Single track heaven.

I have to admit I've not voted in some of the recent polls as I don't know the areas concerned. For the most recent one I will consult my various books and the interweb as I think I could have a go at this one though I haven't visited the area. I've been to Whitby and Edinburgh but not the area in between.

Martyn

• Agree 1

It won't surprise you at all to hear of my nomination today as being the Border Counties railway from Hexham to Riccarton Junction, via - ahem - Reedsmouth Junction.

Wonderful triumph of hope over reality, particularly the northern section - and it notably featured one of the 'other' England-Scotland border signs, close to Deadwater station (serving just six houses!)

Might just be able to squeeze that (border sign) in on my grand scheme.

An idea for a different poll - favourite station buffets (possibly done on a regional basis)

Alternatively - time for a rest for a bit!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

It won't surprise you at all to hear of my nomination today as being the Border Counties railway from Hexham to Riccarton Junction, via - ahem - Reedsmouth Junction.

Wonderful triumph of hope over reality, particularly the northern section - and it notably featured one of the 'other' England-Scotland border signs, close to Deadwater station (serving just six houses!)

May I echo this please

And so to the poll. A 4-4 draw, Border Counties Railway and Scotsgap. I think it is time to give this a rest. It served a useful purpose during a difficult period for us all, but I'm struggling to think up new subjects, and there is generally rather  less interest.

Any ideas as to what else we could discuss are welcome, but for now, we are a poll free zone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I think we can come back to it after some time off. I dont know about you chaps but I have learnt a lot about railways I did not know. The only problem i have now is i have about 20 new projects running around my head. Thanks to Gilbert for taking the time to have the polls.

Cheers

David

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

G'Day Folks

I case we ever do the Hertford North branch (New Line) I want to nominate Cuffley..........nice little station in the Country.

manna

• Like 3

More developments with Hunt couplings. Some of my more treasured and expensive kit built coaches have a kind of coupling which none of the current Hunt versions will take. I identified them as having a particular type of Bachmann bogie, and seven days ago, I sent details to West Hill wagon works, and asked if they had any plans to do these. Today, they are available, I have ordered some, and should have them this week. These people really are impressive. It is a really simple fix too, one which even I am confident of coping with, which is great when I have £300 worth of coach on my workbench.

Tonight's picture is a close up of an 02/2 with a mixed freight from KX Goods.

1661872567_23940close.JPG.38da9641c7e1d8138ce55dfbf7e86429.JPG

and there is a high level plonk looking along the excursion platform.

1367951367_8alongplatform.JPG.fa4a0c98cd8422c0b3c566bbdade4c3d.JPG

• Like 11