The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Phew, what a scorcher it’s been today, I don’t know what the high temperature was, but it was hot and I was positively melting when I came in late afternoon. Anyway, all the sanding of the arbour has been done and it’s now just a case of waiting for the arrival of the paint. Once I’d finished working on the arbour, I made a start on rebuilding the bench that will eventually sit inside the arbour. I’ve been able to salvage 5 slats from the other bench, as they were slightly longer and I’ve reduced the length and drilled new fixing holes in them. I’ll make a start on sanding/wire brushing it down the bench and slats on Friday, so that that too is ready for painting.

I do like marmalade, orange, lime or lemon, but I think lime is my favourite. I like peanuts, but can’t stand peanut butter and also can’t stand marmite either. 

Happy anniversary Andrew. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

• RMweb Premium

I had to look up Marmite, I wonder if it is sold here somewhere; at a reasonable price, that is. Hmmm, it seems that Walmart may carry it. I will czech the next time that I go.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

We were speaking of music in prior posts, that made me get of my chair and fire up the stereo. Currently spinning Leonard Bernstein Conducts Great Marches/Columbia M 30943. All I can say is that Lenny romps through them like Sherman through Georgia!

• Like 12
  • Funny 6

29 minutes ago, pH said:

There have already been a few evacuations in southern BC. There was a lot of snow there this year - the snowpack was 150% of average in some places. A quick melt, with significant rain, could definitely cause problems.

I wonder if they'll have to deploy the tug boats again to prevent the floating restaurant in CDA from floating down the Spokane river to Post Falls :)

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 10

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Here in GH its about the same temp but no rain yet.  Hope it does though as there is a ton of new grass seed waiting to be rained upon.  Feel sorry for Brian W and the heat; I remember such nights back home although there wasn't much relief even with the windows open.  At least here we get cooling off the Pacific at night, too cold sometimes and the A/C is set for  23.C anyway.:secret:

Brian.

It's quite cosy in my shed/shop. My 3D printer is cranking out track bases, the stove is on and I'm listening to Pandora piped from the PC to my Technics amp and Yamaha speakers. Currently playing 10cc.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The tragic result of earthen dams failing after heavy spring rains.

And they were reported as inadequate last year... 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 11

6 hours ago, AndyID said:

An't too hot here. It's about 12C and absolutely Hissing Sid. There's a flood watch over a huge area.

5 hours ago, pH said:

There have already been a few evacuations in southern BC. 

Andy's flood watch extends to northeast Oregon but not here. In that area. they had nasty flooding of the Umatilla River earlier in the year.

5 hours ago, brianusa said:

Here in GH its about the same temp but no rain yet. 

Like Brian, here is grey and damp feeling with very little precipitation. We had 30°C sunny weather nine days ago. Ever since, it has been grey and damp with much lower than seasonal temperatures. It is spring so we do get occasional "sun breaks" but it has not been nice weather to be out of doors.

Some drying is forecast for the weekend and high 20°Cs late next week.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

Not to be political or anything but there's a tune making the rounds on this new-fangled Interwebster thing called "The Liar Tweets Tonight"

There's actually (at least) two versions going around. I prefer the Roy Zimmermann version. He has many other parody songs, too.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2