Next batch of Class 70's

• RMweb Premium

post-299-0-87004600-1389541075.pngToday it finally occurred to me! The front of a 70 looks abit like one of those old fashioned TV sets we had in the 70's.

You can probably tell I really took my time with this project :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

i think 801 is off to cranmore on the east somerset railway, at least thats the froth i've read

apparently it has actually been started up now

And the obvious question is: Are you having a trip to Somerset soon?

Cheers,

Mick

They probably cannot get any company to insure the lift off the trailers after what happened at Newport.

Seriously it may be that, as apparently there was a dispute with the insurance company that supplied the cover for the one that was dropped.  

They probably cannot get any company to insure the lift off the trailers after what happened at Newport.

Seriously it may be that, as apparently there was a dispute with the insurance company that supplied the cover for the one that was dropped.  

I thought the lift off the trailers had already taken place.??

• RMweb Premium

After Newport and 70012, they had no problem with the later Freightliner 70's that arrived via similar trailers at Seaforth. They were craned off the special ro-ro trailers to rails.

Cheers,

Mick

Not sure how true this is....but I was told today that they are now awaiting the arrival of another loco so that all 3 can be moved together.???

Doesnt sound that plausible to me......and not sure even if another loco has been shipped yet.??