• RMweb Premium

Here we go, not only the Welsh sheep, but an Arriva service from Cardiff Central, oh and Poppy checking out the new 'grass', although she's not Welsh.

attachicon.gif20130812_221923.jpg

Phil

just imagine if it was prototypical to scale. that would be some excuse from network rail as to why the arriva service was late. "Giant cat on line delays services"

lol

• Like 1

SSHHHH! :secret:  Don't mention the helix I think he's getting a bit tetchy about it! :threaten:  Or waiting for me to come over and build it for him!  ;)

As you all know it's all in the planning, or put another way, no I've not done anything about the helix yet!

I've just started to lay the track in / through the fiddle yard to make sure that it's all going to line up when I get to the other end. If only I didn't end up getting side tracked with the sheep :O

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Took the opportunity last weekend to pop in to Tees Yard and capture some photos.

So I've got something to use as a basis for my crossing.

post-10336-0-34672200-1377364810_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-27697000-1377364882_thumb.jpg

The full set is on Flickr, including some photos of the various steel wagons rusting away.

Hopefully once the children are in bed I might even get some track laid in the fiddle yard tonight!

Phil

• Like 5

You'll all be relieved to find it's not yet another 'nothing to report' posting.

I've finally laid (most) of the track in the fiddle yard.

post-10336-0-32389300-1378069138_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-08849900-1378069226_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-37294700-1378069322_thumb.jpg

It still needs to be wired for power, which could be fun as I can't drill down from the top due to the restricted access, so I'm going to have to do some measuring then come up from underneath.

Phil

• Like 7

Evening boys and girls,

I know I'm supposed to be cracking on with the power for the fiddle yard, which I hope to be able to do this weekend, however we're about to have a new kitchen in, so I might be a bit distracted.

Anyway, I just couldn't resisit it.

post-10336-0-80454600-1378497453_thumb.jpg

I would have had the bloke with his hands in his pockets there too, but he seems to have gone missing.

Phil

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening boys and girls,

I know I'm supposed to be cracking on with the power for the fiddle yard, which I hope to be able to do this weekend, however we're about to have a new kitchen in, so I might be a bit distracted.

Anyway, I just couldn't resisit it.

attachicon.gif20130906_204508.jpg

I would have had the bloke with his hands in his pockets there too, but he seems to have gone missing.

Phil

its a good picture i like it

Edited by hawkingetippyd

Thanks Guy,

Hope you get back your enthusiasm soon. This weekend I've been doing a bit more painting of the tarmac areas - base cope of slightly lighter than before to be dry brushed later.

Here is one of the large new expanses of tarmac....

post-10336-0-24850400-1378671014_thumb.jpg

And even the large warehouse got a coat of grey.

post-10336-0-14171300-1378670971_thumb.jpg

My three year old is now out of his manic phase so doesn't cause so much damage down there these days. Consequently we've spent a lot of time moving various trains up and down the helix from the (still unpowered) fiddle yard - there is one track with power, the rest just fails at the insulted points to be manually dragged in to place. As you can see I'm making full use of it.

post-10336-0-66477800-1378671062_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-17080900-1378671091_thumb.jpg

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 10

We're in the process of having a new kitchen fitted, whilst obviously a bit of a pain having no water/electic/cooking facilities, does have the advantage of generating a fair amount of 'scrap' wood, which I've managed to put to one side.

All I need to do is work out what I'm going to use it all for. It's not enough for the second helix yet, but I'll keep scavanging.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Quick, build that second helix at the end in 'her' part of the basement whilst she's distracted by a new kitchen! ;)

Hope you're all well mate, we must get together soon. Might be at Ropley again on Sunday and out on test to Alresford late afternoon!