FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

My 4 SPA's have just arrived and despite the gloom mongers predictions they are in my eyes very good renditions of the real thing.  I know that I could not have achieved what Hugh has done to get these models made for us.  An excellent addition to my Railfreight trains.

Thanks Hugh and looking forward to more Railfreight models from you.

Richard

Grrrrr, Hurry up postie, I am still waiting for my 4..... Assuming Hugh has sent them!

Everyone has been E mailed when boxed up ready for posting I am aiming to have every order posted by this Saturday.

Box company let me down saying boxes returned to them but no card left ,but they re-sent them out today.

Hugh

I hope with that many in the box he delivered them by hand dressed in a red suit by a reindeer hauled transport shouting Ho Ho Ho.

Well chaps, you know the drill;

You better watch out

You better not cry

Better not pout

I'm telling you why

Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list

And checking it twice

Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice

He sees you when you're sleeping

He knows when you're awake

He knows if you've been bad or good

So be good for goodness sake!

O! You better watch out!

You better not cry

Better not pout

I'm telling you why

One or two have certainly not met those criteria this year.......

You know me, love brake disc inserts.

I've "had to" weather two axles and fit discs (cco7w)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I like the discs you've fitted, could you tell me who makes those please as I would like to fit some to my SPV wagon when it arrives. Does the  (cco7w) mean something?

I have just received my order for 8 and am genuinely, really pleased.

I have been checking details with Paul Bartlett's photos and honestly cannot see the problems highlighted by other posters to this thread. Anyway, to my eyes they look like an SPA.

I was worried whether they would look too 'plasticky' and have seen the BRM review comment about the base colour being a little on the glossy side. However, I think that the finish is spot on for a newly out-shopped wagon. See Paul's photo of 460021 at Shildon in 1979 and the finish is definitely not matt.

I give it 9/10 and it is miles better than the Bachmann OCA.

Only my opinion!

Andrew

Happy to report that my 7 were waiting for me when I got in from work, although when I removed the brown paper wrapping to reveal a box for Wellington boots I was a little concerned for a moment that someone had bought me some wellies! (The result of your box shortage Hugh?) ;)

Having seen Nick's pictures with the discs fitted I may do the same, as I keep meaning to pull my finger out and order discs to fit to my Mk3 fleet.

I'm yet to get them onto my layout, but upon initial inspection I'm more than happy with them and I'm looking forward to further FTG releases.

I see certain idiots are still spilling thier bile to anyone that (doesnt read)...Least we "know" where its really directed now ;)

If I made old kits and spent that long on the internet I'd get a site for my own products, not slag others off :)

Yes noticed he has started on that 'breakaway' forum.

Archived