Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

a load which would have been common but isnt very often modelled is rubbish.

loaded from carraige sidings and other depots.

good British transport film called wash and brush up, showing wagons being loaded with rubbish, cardboard boxes etc.

and the outakes of The Ladykillers on Steam on 35mm, shows wagons of 16tonners with various size loads of rubbish.

a load which would have been common but isnt very often modelled is rubbish.

loaded from carraige sidings and other depots.

good British transport film called wash and brush up, showing wagons being loaded with rubbish, cardboard boxes etc.

and the outakes of The Ladykillers on Steam on 35mm, shows wagons of 16tonners with various size loads of rubbish.

Apart from BR's 'internal' rubbish traffic, there were commercial flows- the most well known is probably from Ashburton Grove to Hatfield, originally using ex-LNER bogie Sulphate wagons, then 16t minerals. Ashburton Grove is now the site of Arsenal's Emirates stadium.

• RMweb Gold

Apart from BR's 'internal' rubbish traffic, there were commercial flows- the most well known is probably from Ashburton Grove to Hatfield, originally using ex-LNER bogie Sulphate wagons, then 16t minerals. Ashburton Grove is now the site of Arsenal's Emirates stadium.

So it was a rubbish site once before?  They say what goes around comes around......     Hat and coat on, door open..........

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

This fascinating thread has shown me that you can weather a 16 tonner almost any way you want ant it will be likely prototypical!

Also I am enjoying the huge variety of photos which are justified by having at least one mineral wagon somewhere on the pic!

Long may it continue

Gavin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

http://www.flickr.co...ams/6334787410/  - Interesting, I'm pretty sure that the PGA is a Yeoman aggregate hopper, well lost? [it is the one that is much wider than the other hoppers.

Paul Bartlett

A PG006A on it's way to Heywood wagon works via the trip working?

Mike.

A PG006A on it's way to Heywood wagon works via the trip working?

Mike.

I did consider that might be what was happening, but looking at a railway atlas it didn't seem likely - but I didn't know how they operated the local lines. One of his other photos has a tank wagon in the consist, and that could be a similar working.

Regards

Paul Bartlett

Here is a youtube vid taken by BenW of this parish (aka tamberineman on Youtube) showing the coals going through Swaynton.

This was taken at the Beckenham show a few years ago.

We now run modern image (1960) so those private owner wagons in the background now  sit in the stock box.

The two end wagons (AJ fitted for quick turnaround of the rake) are Parkside made by me.

The PO's running in the rake were made and painted by Douglas Smith again from Parkside kits.

The rest of the train are Airfix 16t made by Douglas and painted by me.

When I first started them I didn't realise that the strip didn't go to the corner.

Then I realised that it wasn't as thick as the one supplied in the transfer pack.

As the train rumbles past you can see the ones I did first and later.

Here is a close up of one of the wagons. I was quite pleased with the rust at first but now I think it needs a rework.

post-4587-0-29048000-1362412520_thumb.jpg

Here is one I have just finished, I hope you don't mind that is off topic being wood.

post-4587-0-64503000-1362412796_thumb.jpg

I think that the rust on this is much better as it is more subtle and flowing.

Although I am not sure about the black underframe. That may need more rust.

I used the picture in Geoff Kents book The 4mm wagon vol 1 page 55.

• Like 4