Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice shot of the 13T hopper...now if only you had found a picture from above so I could see what the traverse door divider was like...and it would be like Christmas had come early!

Knew you'd pick up on it. Someone out there in RMweb land must know of a pic looking down into a 13 ton Hopper??? or a drawing???

Anybody??? ANYBODY???

How many years have we been searching???

P

• Like 1

Knew you'd pick up on it. Someone out there in RMweb land must know of a pic looking down into a 13 ton Hopper??? or a drawing???

Anybody??? ANYBODY???

P

Porcy

I've got a plan so cunning it would make (Sir) Baldrick proud...I'll make the door dividers detachable so when the first rivet counter peeks inside and tells me I've got it wrong, (and has a picture/drawing to prove it), I can take them all out and makes some new ones!

...on the other hand I might get lucky and someone has some 'inside' information on 13ton hoppers...

Cheers

Duncan

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A few modern day reference shots of 16T wagons preserved on the Great Central - taken yesterday:

attachicon.gifIMG_1748 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1749 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1750 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1751 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1752 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1753 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1726 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1727 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1732 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1733 - Copy.JPG

HMRSPaul, I note you've posted a 'disagree' on this post - any particular reason. As far as I can tell they are 16T wagons and they were taken at the GCR. Is there some reason why they are not worthwhile posting? 

• RMweb Premium

Anybody??? ANYBODY???

P

Hi Porcy

Model it loaded :sungum:

• Like 1

HMRSPaul, I note you've posted a 'disagree' on this post - any particular reason. As far as I can tell they are 16T wagons and they were taken at the GCR. Is there some reason why they are not worthwhile posting? 

only Paul can say, there was nothing to say preserved ones could not be posted but we seem to have stayed away from them,  useful for measuring and seeing where bits go etc. but they are not much help for copying weathering, they look swelled as if they have been loaded with large stone, they are vacuum fitted ones painted incorrectly in grey as they should be brown and seem to be painted a much lighter shade than any shots we've seen in all the period photos.

• RMweb Premium

only Paul can say, there was nothing to say preserved ones could not be posted but we seem to have stayed away from them,  useful for measuring and seeing where bits go etc. but they are not much help for copying weathering, they look swelled as if they have been loaded with large stone, they are vacuum fitted ones painted incorrectly in grey as they should be brown and seem to be painted a much lighter shade than any shots we've seen in all the period photos.

Thanks, I'm sure the explanation helps me as well as others understand the minefield that is the 'standard' 16T wagon.

I liked the shots as they showed how quickly even recently restored wagons went rusty and how this rusting varied from wagon to wagon. 

• RMweb Gold

thats a fantastic collection, found lots of rare local shots in there.

back to minerals, this train of 21tonners behind a Duchess at Preston is interesting.

http://www.railpictorial.com/piwigo/picture.php?/6418/category/9

http://www.railpictorial.com/piwigo/picture.php?/6416/category/9

A new meaning to "Eight Freight"