Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

• RMweb Premium

The Royal Blue MW6G is the one that really sticks out for me. That type has always been a personal favourite.

Also, of course, as seen on TV in 'Endeavour' so there is at least one preserved.

John

There is also an Eastern Counties one preserved. It would not be viable for Oxford to produce any model without several livery options available.

The Bristol MW coach also ran with Crosville and one is in preservation at the moment. Eastern Counties ended up demoting theirs to dual purpose status in NBC nipple pink and white which would make for an interesting variant, as did Crosville in green and white. I think some ended up in NBC bus livery with Western National.

I suspect the casting will be turned out in a number of Tilling/BTC and NBC liveries.

Also the CAD drawings of the Ford Galaxy shows the tailgate as a separate item from the rest of the body casting but incorporated into the glazing, it looks as if it either might be opening or very easily modified into the open position.

The Ford Galaxy has been around for around 20 years now.  Any idea whether this is the original Galaxy of the current version?  It's a late 90's version that I'd be most keen on

• Like 1

The Bristol MW coach also ran with Crosville and one is in preservation at the moment. Eastern Counties ended up demoting theirs to dual purpose status in NBC nipple pink and white which would make for an interesting variant, as did Crosville in green and white. I think some ended up in NBC bus livery with Western National.

I suspect the casting will be turned out in a number of Tilling/BTC and NBC liveries.

Although these were fairly long lived coaches, most seeing NBC colours and a number if them even managing to remain as front line coaches long enough to be painted into white, the Eastern Counties ones, and I believe those of Red & White and Crosville, gravitated even further down the scale, ending their days as service buses in Red and Green respectively.

• RMweb Premium

The Ford Galaxy has been around for around 20 years now.  Any idea whether this is the original Galaxy of the current version?  It's a late 90's version that I'd be most keen on

Its the current model. I would have preferred the older version as well, it could also be finished as a Volkswagen Saran or a SEAT Alhambra, and Essex police had a road patrol one in 'Battenberg' livery over dark blue.

Two pictures here. It's the Ford only model; haven't looked in detail yet if it's pre or post facelift.

It is indeed the new Ford Galaxy - The Kinetic + Design on the front gives it away. As much as I didn't really rate the old version, I do slightly agree about the model, as PhilJ W points out could be finished as a VW or Seat as well (both were produced in the same factory before the Ford / VW factory split).

• Like 1

Most of the newly announce new models are now listed on Oxford Diecast web site pages, go to each scale and then all page to find them. However I could not see listed new flat-bed and low-loader trailers in 1/76 scale list, it is late or early morning.

• RMweb Premium

Most of the newly announce new models are now listed on Oxford Diecast web site pages, go to each scale and then all page to find them. However I could not see listed new flat-bed and low-loader trailers in 1/76 scale list, it is late or early morning.

The flatbed and low-loader are only in the prototype stages. On the Facebook page it was stated that they and some other models were awaiting production slots.

• 4 weeks later...

Sierra, Cavalier, Astra. All big ticks from me. Can start thinning out my 60s and 70s vehicles a bit.

Still hoping for original style Range Rovers and Rover SD1s

Wonder if we will get the more common Allegro saloon and a hatchback version of the Sierra in the future.

• Like 1

Guest nzflyer

What era does Oxford's London Fire Brigade Landy belong to? The only photos of a real-life LFB vehicle of the same description is a six-wheeled monster that I found online and on Wikipedia: 'The Brigade's only six-wheel drive all-terrain unit is an adapted Land Rover based at Biggin Hill. It may be mobilised to incidents in the rural outskirts of London where normal appliances may struggle with access to the fireground.' Doesn't sound anything like what Oxford's produced? 

Judging by the B549WYO number plate the LFB Land Rover is mid 1980s. The adjacent numbers were used when new on 1984 Dodge Turntable Ladders which still carried the numbers well into the 2000s as reserve appliances. The earliest Fire Brigade fleetbook I have starts in 1995 by which time the Land Rover might well have left the fleet.

Edited by mikeharvey22

Guest nzflyer

Upon seeing that their making a six-wheeled Army Land Rover it would be good to repaint it to a modern LFB scheme. Same goes for the new Mini as they used for bin fires etc. I'm now getting spoilt for choice if I wanted to model my own New Zealand roots with the Dennis F8 from the Nelson Fire Brigade and Land Rover FT6 doing nicely on any 1950-1970s layout. Also, the NAC Dragon Rapide would do nicely in an airfield diorama with an Airfix RNZAF vampire jet.

Someone with time available could find some interesting model potential in the LFB online photo library. It is searchable by photo caption but these are mostly generic so do not home in on vehicle makes. The link here is to the search for van. There are another 300,000 more to look at.

http://www.lfbphotos.com/dmcs_search.html?find=van

Each photo has a detailed caption in a drop down window but these do not seem to be part of the search.

Edited by mikeharvey22

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking through the catalogue, its striking that they have a number of Foden FG trucks available for 1: 148 (N), but no sign of these classics for 1:76.

I've been hoping in vain for someone to introduce such models for use with 4mm scale model railways.

I see a kit manufacturer has recently introduced a Foden tipper wagon and am hoping to examine one 'in the flesh'.

I'm aware of the Foden DG 'Ballast' from yet another source and hope this might be promising of things to come, but its not the model I actually want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

One very interesting model at the CAD stage is the NFS Fordson 7V Utility ladder carrier.

The January 2016 Diecast Collector has a photo of this - in raw metal, but it gives a good indication of what the Fordson will look like. Does anyone have a photo from any display at which OD have shown the Fordson - eg Warley?

John

Edited by it's-er

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast is at London Toy Fair this Sunday 24th to Tuesday 26th, and then immediately on to Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany from Wednesday 27th to Monday 1 February. This is when Oxford usually make their biggest splash of the year, both in showing progress with castings already announced and in announcing new castings (road vehicles - Oxford Rail has operated to different timings so far).

Taff (Lyndon Davies) has promised to update folk on the Oxford diecast collectors Facebook site over the weekend. No doubt someone will let us know here too, especially where there are items of interest to railway modellers. That of course applies to virtually everything they announce, depending on a modellers particular time era!

Although I already have enough Oxford Diecast 1/76 scale cars, vans and lorries to populate my railway many times over, I am still looking forward to this announcement enormously!

John

Oxford Diecast is at London Toy Fair this Sunday 24th to Tuesday 26th, and then immediately on to Nurnberg Toy Fair in Germany from Wednesday 27th to Monday 1 February. This is when Oxford usually make their biggest splash of the year, both in showing progress with castings already announced and in announcing new castings (road vehicles - Oxford Rail has operated to different timings so far).

Taff (Lyndon Davies) has promised to update folk on the Oxford diecast collectors Facebook site over the weekend. No doubt someone will let us know here too, especially where there are items of interest to railway modellers. That of course applies to virtually everything they announce, depending on a modellers particular time era!

Although I already have enough Oxford Diecast 1/76 scale cars, vans and lorries to populate my railway many times over, I am still looking forward to this announcement enormously!

John

Any news from the Ally Pally on this?