Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

The modeller.com has Hornby's sound fitted Valiant Class 50 for £126. Haven't seen any of Hornby's sound offerings at this price before. I've never bought from them before

I've bought stuff from them before and they've been very efficient :)

Just passing thro Ipswich and dropped in to get a replacement Peco point at Galaxy Models. At 50% off for Peco points, I came away with more than one plus some other goodies. Seems they are discontinuing their Model Railway items.

thanks had a look just now - deltic pinza with sound for £116.99 - dont think you'll find it any cheaper than that.

Read on another forum of orders from Galaxy being supplied with only one or two of the ordered items - the rest being sold out despite what it says on the web site.

Twas the case for me. Although I was warned in an email and they did handle it well. Shame another shop is dropping trains though :(

Amazon have still got some good bargains on books at the moment,just got 'An Illustrated history of the Kent and East Sussex Railway' and 'Power of the Austerities' for £6 each..70% off list price.. :good_mini:

On Ebay,modelmasters have got some of their wagon transfers at 20% off,including the very useful ones for unfitted 16T minerals..

Twas the case for me. Although I was warned in an email and they did handle it well. Shame another shop is dropping trains though :(

I understand that the person who looked after the Model Railway side of this business has left and the decision was made to run down the railway stocks. The web-site does not operate on a real time basis so any items have to be removed manually and they simply did not have the time to do this.

I found it safer to speak to someone and always received first class service with orders arriving the following business day. Un-sure what is left now but for a time they were punting Hornby 56's and 60's out at £40 a throw.

Agree that it's a shame to see another Model Railway outlet close but this didn't form a major part of Galaxy's business so if they can make more efficient and profitable use of the space then it makes sense to concentrate on the lines that keep the business going.

Hi,

Got a helpful email this morning from Rails of Sheffield with their festive advent calender offers for one day only. Todays was a Bachmann 03 cat number31-360 Br plain Green with a late crest for only £34.50 sign up for the other offers every day.

Alistair

Hi,

Got a helpful email this morning from Rails of Sheffield with their festive advent calender offers for one day only. Todays was a Bachmann 03 cat number31-360 Br plain Green with a late crest for only £34.50 sign up for the other offers every day.

Alistair

They seem to have sold out now i've had a look, pity as I wanted one of these bodies for my High Level chassis.

Check out Argos Hornby RailRoad GWR 00 Gauge Freight Train Pack   (Strangely showing LNER engine) and other Internet bargains at reduced prices.

Hmmm, pretty sure this refers to Hornby R2670 GWR Freight Train Pack ( Railroad Range ) - Basic 0-4-0 locomotive, open wagon, box wagon and brake van - at the £33 quoted, it's still too much, and available much cheaper !

• RMweb Gold

:D Maplins are advertising a 4GB SDHC card for £19.99 reduced from £35......

However Wilkinsons have them for a tenner

Class 10 SDHC 4GB card on Amazon for £5.99 http://www.amazon.co...92106546&sr=8-2

For between £15 and £20 you can get 16GB but depends what class you need.

Archived