Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

Gostude in the bargains thread?! Truly this is the end of days :O

Now there's an interesting moral dilemma!  Does anyone value a discount more than the idea of encouraging Gosturde?

Now there's an interesting moral dilemma!  Does anyone value a discount more than the idea of encouraging Gosturde?

No. Well, yes. Actually no. Oh dear...

confused.com

• RMweb Gold

Just to advise all bargain hunters who have not already received their Strathwood Chistmas Special Offers Catalogue in with their subscribers copies of BRM this month that the offers are open to all via our website.

Spend £50 net and choose from a wide selection of titles for a FREE book to add to your order, spend £100 net and choose TWO FREE BOOKS from the selection to add to your order.

In addition we are trying to make some space in our warehouse by clearing whats left of the Sixties Spotting Days hardbacks at just £9.95 each they were £19.95, so grab them whilst you can.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

• RMweb Premium

He's having one of his off days, like when he was selling mint S/H Tortoises with connector for £10 each.

(I had most of them)

Keith

Gostude in the bargains thread?! Truly this is the end of days :O

He was very helpful when I wast trying to find a few good Lima Siphon Gs and a Stanier Bogie CCT a while ago - spent much more time than the eventual order was ever going to be worth to him.

Anyways...  I was looking for some Hornby Skaledale double sided platforms for my son's train set earlier and a Google search came up with GameSeek about £4 a pair cheaper than anywhere else.  Duly ordered, I had a look around.  20 pages and a lot of it out of stock, but TTS Cock O'The North for £81.18 (4 left) with free postage seems good value!

Alun

Hornby R3325 Class J50/4 0-6-0T 68987 in BR Black with early emblem for £59.50+£2pp @ Ebay (Rails of Sheffield).Don't use their own website where you pay £2 more postage). The Liverpool lot are selling it for £74.06+£4pp.5 in stock @ 17.35 5th Nov.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201543473425?dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F201543473425

He was very helpful when I wast trying to find a few good Lima Siphon Gs and a Stanier Bogie CCT a while ago - spent much more time than the eventual order was ever going to be worth to him.

Anyways...  I was looking for some Hornby Skaledale double sided platforms for my son's train set earlier and a Google search came up with GameSeek about £4 a pair cheaper than anywhere else.  Duly ordered, I had a look around.  20 pages and a lot of it out of stock, but TTS Cock O'The North for £81.18 (4 left) with free postage seems good value!

Alun

One less TTS P2 now thank you very much great find.

Dave

Has anyone tried to google Modelzone, I just tried it, it does it by County and in my County Durham it lists 8 stores as stockists. However it lists one as WH Smith Teeside International Airport, I thought it had changed it's name to Durham Tees Valley Airport.

Tony

They announced which stores had them a few years ago on Twitter... https://twitter.com/ModelZone

BIRMINGHAM, CARDIFF, CROYDON, GATESHEAD METRO, GLASGOW SAUCHIEHALL, KINGSTON U THAMES, LONDON WHITE CITY, MANCHESTER ARNDALE, MEADOWHALL + READING

I don't think it's going very well... One of the isles in the Birmingham model zone has now been invaded by generic toys/board games!

• RMweb Premium

They announced which stores had them a few years ago on Twitter... https://twitter.com/ModelZone

BIRMINGHAM, CARDIFF, CROYDON, GATESHEAD METRO, GLASGOW SAUCHIEHALL, KINGSTON U THAMES, LONDON WHITE CITY, MANCHESTER ARNDALE, MEADOWHALL + READING

I don't think it's going very well... One of the isles in the Birmingham model zone has now been invaded by generic toys/board games!

They do have more Bachmann & some Farish unlike when they started.

The problem I find with the Birmingham store is that there is quite often no one around to get items out of the cabinets

A week last Thursday I wanted a couple of Bachmann wagons to use my £5 discount voucher on and it must have been 20 minutes before the person who had the key finally turned up after my initial enquiry at a cash desk.

Most people probably would have just walked out.

Its as if they can't be bothered to sell anything to you.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

For those who like that sort of thing...

Hawzkin's Bazaar have 10% off until midnight (use code "PUMPKIN") which brings the Hornby Christmas set down to £36 (if I've done my sums right, the track alone is almost £24 at RRP)

It also takes it below the free delivery threshold of £40, but if you're lucky(?) enough to live near a Hawkin's Bazaar you can have it sent to the shop for collection free.

Otherwise it's only £2.50 for delivery unless you find some stocking fillers to take it over £40.

Bolton Model Centre on (I think) Hulton lane in Bolton has quite a bit of Bachmann locomotive stock still at original prices of a number of years ago. I just got a TOPS blue class 46 brand new for £60, and there were quite a few other locomotives still in there waiting patiently to be sold. All of them were Branchline models new enough to have the slimmer couplings. Given the sharp spike in prices for these models new, it was quite refreshing to see not a single locomotive above the £100 mark across the Bachmann range. A lot of the locos were ones which in the current catalogue with a different identity are significantly more.

• RMweb Gold

Postscript Books have a packed album entitled 'Images of Bristol, Somerset & Dorset Railways', subtitled Classic photographs from the Maurice Dart Railway Collection. The photos concentrate on locos rather than scenes - in the main. There are 150+ pages with two decent sized photos on most pages. It is an interesting collection of photos classified mainly by wheel arrangement, dating from the 1930s to 1960s - weighted towards the latter end. As one would expect GWR locos predominate, but there is a good selection from other companies. It is being sold at £7.99 + £2 p&p. Original cover price £19.99.

http://www.psbooks.co.uk/products/transport/item/images-of-bristol-somerset-and-dorset-railways

No connection but a satisfied customer.

Had an email from Jadlam Toys & Models this afternoon. 10% off existing Hornby sale prices for today only. Use promo code HORNBYFLASH at checkout. I genuinely don't know what their prices are like compared to others (eg: Hattons etc) as I rarely buy Hornby but it *may* be worth a look. I've used Jadlam many times for glues/paints etc and their service and delivery speed is usually excellent.

http://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/Hornby

Alun

Sadly I have to report that the TTS P2 I ordered from Gameseek has arrived and is just a bog standard Railroad cheapo example, basic decoration and no sound. I have emailed a complaint and will report developments.

Sadly I have to report that the TTS P2 I ordered from Gameseek has arrived and is just a bog standard Railroad cheapo example, basic decoration and no sound. I have emailed a complaint and will report developments.

Snap glad i paid by Paypal.

That's poor, but they don't strike me as the sort of business to deliberately mislead.  I am still waiting for my platforms.

Alun

That's poor, but they don't strike me as the sort of business to deliberately mislead.  I am still waiting for my platforms...

Phoned them, the platforms are out of stock despite saying the site saying they were in stock.  To be fair, they refunded me on the spot.

Alun

Archived