Pictures of Charmouth

DLT

• RMweb Premium

edit Dave probably won't make you wait an hour for a train at exhibitions!

Quite right Don,  we model the trains, not the gaps in-between.....!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to Railex.  Had a brilliant time when we took Bridport ten years ago and have wanted to go back.

I may not be as mobile as usual, had a small op last week and stitches are still a bit sore, so please bear with me.

All the best,

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Where does the small extension go to? the cement mill (now Jurassic coast centre)?

I never really decided; wherever it was it now has no need of rail connection.

I did consider building another board to go on that end of the layout, featuring a mill or some other source of traffic, but nothing ever came of it.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Charmouth is all packed up, ready for its trip to Basingstoke this weekend.

Following the appearance at Shepton mallet last month, I have given it an extra thorough clean.  The low sun through the huge windows there revealed all-sorts of cobwebs, dirt, and detritus on what I had thought was a clean exhibit....

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

No actual update to report on Charmouth, but I have now restored the photos that were lost to Photobucket recently, by uploading them directly.  I think I've got them all in the right place!

Mostly on pages 3 to 6 of this thread, if anyone is interested in going that far back.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Charmouth will be having an outing to Trainwest at Corsham in April, full details here:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121746-trainwest-2018-14-15-april/

And with this in mind I'm doing some new photos of the layout.  Here's a trial pic:

1165988874_IMG_2260smaller.jpg.dd017b9e3533387cf13ac25551cda5ed.jpg

Although its not as sharp as I would like; not sure if that's me or the camera!

Cheers, Dave.

Edited by DLT
  • Like 15

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Good to see Charmouth will be at train west. this year. Some while ago  you offered me the chance to operate Bridport Town but I was unable to take you up on the offer. I will be visiting train west and if you need extra operators and your offers still stands. I would relish a chance to operate Charmouth. If you have enough operators no worries it will still be good to see you and Charmouth at train west 2018.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Good to see Charmouth will be at train west. this year. Some while ago  you offered me the chance to operate Bridport Town but I was unable to take you up on the offer. I will be visiting train west and if you need extra operators and your offers still stands. I would relish a chance to operate Charmouth. If you have enough operators no worries it will still be good to see you and Charmouth at train west 2018.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please do come and have a play on Charmouth.  I'm always pleased to have visiting operators, two of us will be coming for the weekend, but you well be most welcome.

All the best, Dave.

Hi Tony,

Please do come and have a play on Charmouth.  I'm always pleased to have visiting operators, two of us will be coming for the weekend, but you well be most welcome.

All the best, Dave.

Look forward to seeing you there

tony

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Had a really good weekend at Trainwest, as I have said elsewhere.  Thanks very much for everyone's comments and operating spells, especially Tony "Netheravon", who spent practically all day Saturday with a controller in his hand!

Charmouth behaved very well, in spite of needing the attentions of a soldering iron FOUR times.  Three point-blades broke, but I guess with much of the trackwork being over thirty years old, its allowed to occasionally. 

One Baldwin got it's valvegear into what seemed a physically impossible position, requiring a certain amount of dismantling to un-tangle it.   Once fixed though, it behaved impeccably.

Richard "Mudmagnet" took a shedload of photographs with his Image-Stacking software, and I look forward to seeing the results.

Charmouth's next scheduled outing is to the 7mm Narrow Gauge Assoc 40th Anniversary bash at Burton next June.  Its a scary thought, I remember being at the 10th!

All the best, Dave.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

As Dave mentioned, I took quite a few photos. Using photo stacking on the camera and rendering on my computer, I've ended up with a good number of photos. Next task is to go through them properly, but as a taster, I've added three here, but done nothing to them yet. Watch this space ....

post-7854-0-82414700-1523911584_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-12623900-1523911597_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-47275300-1523911630_thumb.jpg

• Like 9